21-year-old found dead in county jail

21-year-old found dead in county jail

There are 12 comments on the Crossville Chronicle story from Oct 23, 2008, titled 21-year-old found dead in county jail. In it, Crossville Chronicle reports that:

A Putnam County man arrested on a drug charge Monday afternoon was found dead in the Cumberland County Justice Center hours later and officials are awaiting results of an autopsy and drug screen before ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crossville Chronicle.

CountryBumpkin

Maryville, TN

#1 Jan 16, 2009
What did the autopsy show? Thats way too young to die..Just another example of why no one needs a methodone clinic,drugs are bad enough on this mountain!!They're have been so many people die from pills in the past few years.I blame the pain clinics for passing out pills like its candy.Why not put a rehab center in the place of a drug house!Now that we could use.
Josh

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2009
You can blaim whomever and whatever u want about drugs and I agree. But if it wasn't for methadone clinic I would be dead or in jail. I went to rehab for one year and relapsed due to alot of depression. But thanks to methadone I have full time job. My life. Dignity and self worth. But like everything else it takes one bad seed to give a bad rep for something that saves lives everday. And also stops alot of the crime in ur area. I drive almost two hours a day to the nearest clinic cause people like u bitch and moan cause u find the negative in everything and can't find the good. Now if ur son was me u would have a differnt outlook I'm sure. But it just shows ur closeminded self and negative outlook on things that do help. Again it takes one bad person for you to make judgement on something such as methadone clinic. Narrowminded redneck I assume.
Me Too

Lebanon, TN

#3 Mar 28, 2009
Good for you Josh. I totally agree that people judge a subject based on what a few people say. Methadone has been my life saver too. I did several years in the pen over drug addiction (crimes associated with getting drugs). After 10 + rehabs and losing EVERYTHING I tried methadone. Several years later, I now have 2 college degrees, a wonderful relationship with my children and family, a nice home, a great job (that I have held for years), and I function in society like most other responsible adults. Most people have no clue I take methadone. They would be ASTONISHED and look at me differently if they knew. If taken correctly and for the right reasons, methadone is a life saver. Do I like being dependent on it? Absolutely not! However, it is much better than the days of being in and out of jail, stealing, doing anything and everything I had to do to get the drug to function. Many people are ignorant of addiction. I would love to give my identity out; however, like I noted, I would be looked at differently. Diabetics take insulin to survive. Cancer patients take chemo to survive. Heart patients take heart meds to survive. But when someone with the disease of addiction does anything other than live free from all meds and go to meetings and work the 12 steps they are thought of as junkies. I have been there and done all that. I have given it my all. I always failed. Even after a couple years here and there I would fail. The entire time I stayed clean I was craving opiates. I fought daily. Since I have been on methadone, I no longer crave the high. I get up early, take my children to school, go to work, come home, spend time with family, and live a wonderful life. It is heartbreaking to me that folks stereotype methadone and suboxone like they do. Like you said, if it were their child they would do what they had to do to get that child to the normalcy that I have. A totally different outlook would appear. Those who mix methadone with stuff they shouldn't die. Those who use it like they should benefit tremendously.
tnhillbilly

Cosby, TN

#4 Mar 28, 2009
Lay it all down and become a better person.You can do it.After what you have done i think there is so much u can do to show others there is hope.How much weight have you gained?Peace to those willing to fight for it.
Me Too

Lebanon, TN

#5 Mar 29, 2009
As for the weight, I have been up and down. I can tell you I would rather weigh a little extra than to weigh 92 pounds with a sunk in face like I did for years. I am healthy now. I have laid it all down. Doesn't work for me. I have worked steps, had sponsors, been in halfway houses, spent 18 months at Teen Challenge, and everything else that was recommended. The only REAL normalcy I obtained was to turn to a maintenance program. Been on it for about 5 to 6 years now. My family would tell you that I am the person I was before the addiction. I do workout to deal with the weight thing; however, if I would eat better it would take care of itself.
kelly

Jonesville, SC

#6 Aug 20, 2009
did this guy that died go with Tiffany Breeding from Highland Mtn, Livingston,Tennessee?
She is a skank .
she thought this was funny.
we need a clinic

Monterey, TN

#7 Aug 23, 2009
This is strange that it is blamed on a methadone clinic, everyone in putnam county denied that we have a problem up here and was against the clinic coming to monterey, even the police, sheriff, and other people, Now, the DHS is contacting the officials in putnam county because they support and say we need this clinic,( you can research the herald- citizen for the facts) the officials need to get their heads out of the sand and realize we need to do something to stop the drug DEALERS in this town and help the abusers get the help they need. When the older generation is the ones bitching about the clinic, they are not thinking about someone elses child that has every opportunity in the world to become a drug user because there is no education on drugs or methadone, so, you tell me what there is in monterey for teenagers to do besides getting on drugs, the older people dont even want the teenagers in the park, but dont support any kind of place for these kids to go in public just to hang out. And let me add, the Dealers in Monterey are mostly older people! so of course dont bring a clinic to monterey because this might stop our drug dealers from selling to our younger kids, wouldn't want to stop the payroll, now, would we.
potheads

Spring Hill, TN

#8 Aug 24, 2009
we need a clinic wrote:
This is strange that it is blamed on a methadone clinic, everyone in putnam county denied that we have a problem up here and was against the clinic coming to monterey, even the police, sheriff, and other people, Now, the DHS is contacting the officials in putnam county because they support and say we need this clinic,( you can research the herald- citizen for the facts) the officials need to get their heads out of the sand and realize we need to do something to stop the drug DEALERS in this town and help the abusers get the help they need. When the older generation is the ones bitching about the clinic, they are not thinking about someone elses child that has every opportunity in the world to become a drug user because there is no education on drugs or methadone, so, you tell me what there is in monterey for teenagers to do besides getting on drugs, the older people dont even want the teenagers in the park, but dont support any kind of place for these kids to go in public just to hang out. And let me add, the Dealers in Monterey are mostly older people! so of course dont bring a clinic to monterey because this might stop our drug dealers from selling to our younger kids, wouldn't want to stop the payroll, now, would we.
Yay I like mefodone..brang on they clenec
sad

Monterey, TN

#9 Dec 25, 2009
i think that the stupid cops that were supposed to be watching him should lose their jobs. they should know that if anyone is brought into jail in such a shape as they say he was, that he was dying not just shaking because he was cold. i also think that there was alot of things being covered up by the police, at least from what i heard. i knew him personally and he was a great person and didn't deserve to die like he did.
sad

Monterey, TN

#10 Dec 25, 2009
i don't know who tiffany breeding is, but if she thought that was funny i would like to have a good long talk with her. no death is funny even if you don't like someone that still shouldn't be funny, unless you are a heartless piece of trash that hell has a special place for.

Since: Dec 09

Monterey, TN

#11 Dec 26, 2009
happens quite a bit, and after a few days you wont hear about it anymore until it happens again. and if you try and make a fuss about it then everybody will attack and tell you that you dont have a clue. very sad and my heart goes out to his family. and people that walk in those same shoes should take notice. if you are a junkie you are going to die, or go to prison, or both!
sad

Monterey, TN

#12 Dec 26, 2009
thank you mikelike. his family is still sad and going through tough times. people that are thinking of trying drugs should stop and think, your decision not only affects you but also the people that love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda choate Buck 45 min Sid 5
Goobs Sports Bar is reopened 7 hr True 4
Monterey Dope Dealers (Jan '15) Mon GreenFly 91
Zach suckcox girlfriend. Mon Somebody 14
Aaron Swallows got 4 women sick (Jun '15) Mon White feather 9
Aaron Swallows is trashy as ever (May '15) Jun 26 Gain p 11
tia walker (May '15) Jun 26 Lauren z 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crawford Mortgages