Posted in the Crawford Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obama said the USA is "one ”

Since: Mar 08

nation under Allah"? PROVE IT!

#1 Mar 29, 2008
Ive heard that Hippie Jack is only gonna do one music festival down at his farm this year instead of his usual two.Anyone know anything about this?

I know it is a lot of work for Jack and Lynne but man it sure is fun.A whole year to wait for it to come around would sure be a drag.Hippie Jack sure makes two rather boring holidays fun with his music festivals.I hope at least he'll keep doing the one show per year.
little annie

Allardt, TN

#2 Apr 7, 2008
...we are planning on going this year...i googled the site...cant find the good one...where it might be.....happy day

#3 Apr 14, 2008
little annie wrote:
...we are planning on going this year...i googled the site...cant find the good one...where it might be.....happy day
the website for festival info is www.jamminathippiejacks.com ------you have to click around some to find the upcoming festival because jack has info there about past festivals too.....should be a great event....lots of cool folks scheduled to appear....some people ive talked to about jacks think it is just local pickers coming down there and beating around on guitars and stuff----No its great musicians from several states come in and many of them are professionals making a living from their music so its not a bunch of instrument newbies and tone deaf singers.ive been to every show jack has done and never seen anyone who was bad,some i like better than others of course,but no one makes it to the stage there who is crappy.
well_well

Granville, TN

#4 Dec 30, 2009
This festival is sooo much fun and it is growing each year, i have been to all of them and it is also a fun place for kids. There is not a lot of druggies or anything, if there is they are discreet about it. I took my 12 year old last year and she had a blast!! Every body try it out!
emily

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2010
this year there's going to be two! and it's coming up. Let's get ready.[[= This festival is always the highlight of my year! Hope to see you all there! oh and his website is different now it www.myhippiejack.com :D

“get educated....”

Since: Dec 09

none ya

#6 Apr 19, 2010
I WILL definitely be there!!!!!!! miss you emily!
nice

Mclean, VA

#7 Dec 7, 2010
good festival.

#8 Jan 27, 2011
4 months away and I'm itching to go again ! The Memorial day festival last May was huge! Hard to believe so many people can find their way out to the middle of nowhere. I plan my year around Hippie's two festivals. Its grown from a few of us sitting in those white folding chairs to several hundred now. I went from a daytripper to a full 3 day pass camper and I guess I would live in my tent by the river on Jack's place if he'd let me and just wait for the next festival.
Its the early morning bath in the river,the continuous smell of wood smoke,the late night bonfires,the hangovers and the music,especially the music,that I love at Jack's. Come down in May and hang out with some wonderful folks.
seymour b best

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2011
HiPpie puts on the coolest music event I've ever been to and I've been to hundreds of shows concerts etc. The music is mostly original americana/folk type music. These are all great musicians who find their way to Hippie's---you won't see crappy bands doing cover songs all weekend like at some other COMPETING festivals, who shall remain nameless. Hippie's is the ORIGINAL Memorial day festival.
When u get there look me up and we'll have a beer . I'm a big guy with a beard and a straw hat with lots of leather and feathers on it . I Can't WaiT!!!!!!!!!
Musicmania

United States

#10 Mar 15, 2011
2 months to go!!!!!!!!! Get it cranked up Jack! We're coming again!!!!!!

“get educated....”

Since: Dec 09

none ya

#11 Mar 21, 2011
already got my time off for this event!! I wait for this all year every year!!
seymour

United States

#12 Mar 22, 2011
You sound like me. I get home from Jack's monday morning and I'm already looking forward to the next one. That wait from Sept to May is a long one!
wannbe hippie

United States

#13 Mar 28, 2011
Yes its a fun time down there. I expect a huge crowd there in may. Last may it was insane at the number of folks who were there. I looked back at the sea of people on saturday evening last May and just had to smile knowing how meager the crowd was in the beginning.
seymourbbest

United States

#14 Mar 30, 2011
Got my tickets today!!!!! WOoooHooooo!!!!!!
tell me

United States

#15 Apr 6, 2011
Can we get tickets at the gate? I didn't know they had to be ordered. Do they inspect what you bring into the event?
regular

United States

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Yeah you can probably get tickets at the gate if you get there early in the day. Sometimes they near their cut off point up in the evening.

As for inspections -no they don't go thru your belongings. Just be cool with whatever you bring to Jack's. No sharing with minors or anything like that. They don't want you to bring in pets or atvs or stuff like that. Their website tells you what not to bring in but there's not a ton of rules so long as we all act like we got some sense when we're there.

The Stoddarts are very cool for opening up their farm for us so respect them by acting decent and don't litter up their place. Have fun and party to the music!
Picking Grinning Fool

United States

#17 Apr 15, 2011
I play guitar. If I bring my guitar how do I get a spot in the line up to play? Does it cost to get in if you play on stage?
regular

United States

#18 Apr 16, 2011
I don't think you're getting what Hippie's festival is---you don't just show up and play on stage. The acts are already lined up and are great musicians who come from all over the place to play there. Everyone has a set time they play. Its not a free for all. Some acts are recorded for the TV show.

You can bring your guitar and pick at your campsite or play on the River stage after the main stages close down.there's always great music going on somewhere at Hippie's. The picking sometimes goes on until 4 or 5 am.

We sleep a few hours and then get some hair of the dog in ya and do it again.
jimmy

United States

#19 Apr 16, 2011
Any chicks show their titties down there? With all the drinking and dope smoking there's bound to be some naked hotties running around.
Gimme back my Wig

United States

#20 Apr 17, 2011
Some drinking no open dope smoking down there. I don't see too many folks getting crazy wasted at Jacks. Its not a dope convention.

As for the boobies I've never seen any other than my wifes down there and that was in our tent. Oh yeah!!!!!

There was a woman riding high on something that danced thru the music tent one year down there in her bra. But that's about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
laziest people in hanging limb (Feb '10) 1 hr hot rod 47
What happened to the bike/walking trail extension? 15 hr Oh brother 4
Crazy drivers on hwy62 Fri Peas 3
New Shell Girl (Ashley Ledbeter) Fri Sad 3
Aaron swollows molest child (Jun '15) Aug 24 Aaron swallows 14
Aaron Swallows got 4 women sick (Jun '15) Aug 24 Aaron swallows 12
Norris cycle shop Aug 23 Bike Rider 2

Crawford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance