ACLU sues over RI high school prayer banner

Full story: The Oregonian

The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is suing the city of Cranston over a Christian prayer banner displayed in a high school auditorium.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

This slimeball organization needs to be put out of it's misery. It's membership list should be posted, with addressed etc, and citizens should take appropriate action to eliminate this threat

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Hang one that says: Allahu Akbar and see if they make any objections about that.

I'm thinking, no, they wouldn't.
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
Hang one that says: Allahu Akbar and see if they make any objections about that.
I'm thinking, no, they wouldn't.
Anti
Christian
Liberties
Union

At least it sure seems as if the ACLU is anti-Christian, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-legal immigration. Wonder if they will represent this guy or his opponents?

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun
by John Stossel | May 16, 2011

"A story in today's Philadelphia Daily News shows why it's so important that citizens be allowed to videotape cops - it can be citizens' only way to fight back against police abuse of power.

"This incident happened several weeks ago in Philadelphia to Mark Fiorino, a 25-year-old IT worker who carries a gun on his hip at all times for self defense. He got the gun after several friends were mugged.

"But he didn't count on attacks by police:"

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blo...

"When they learned that they were in the wrong, they let him go.

"But only temporarily. Fiorino posted the audio recordings on youtube, and now they are harassing him again:

"A new investigation was launched, and last month the District Attorney's Office decided to charge Fiorino with reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct because, a spokeswoman said, he refused to cooperate with police... He's scheduled for trial in July.

"If one listens to the audiotapes, it's hard to imagine how a reasonable person could charge Fiorino (and not the cops) for disorderly conduct."
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Wow! Here's a story where the ACLU is actually siding with religious free speech!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
"Liberty Institute noted that a wide range of organizations from conservative family-oriented ministries to the ACLU argued together that the school's request should be denied."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cranston Discussions

Search the Cranston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Over 2,500 without power in three RI communities Tue bert 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Jul 3 Shay 9
2 children, 3 adults injured after serious acci... Jun 27 Fran Minei 1
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Jun 26 South County 512
Erectile dysfunction a red flag for heart (Dec '12) Jun 23 Hillel 13
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston Jun 21 kristen orsini 8
Total Newport and Bobby Oliviera Jun 20 Utica Lies and Riggies 2
•••
•••