RI House to vote on gay marriage

Jan 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Tribune

The Rhode Island House is poised to debate and vote on legislation that would allow gay and lesbian couples to marry - the first time the issue has gone to a legislative vote in the only New England state without same-sex marriage.

Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

chickychickchickerydo wrote:
My thoughts....
If gay men and women want to get married let them. If they want to be a miserable as I was, then go for it. RI could benefit from the marriage license fees and divorce filling fees. If there is a separation of Church and State then this shouldn't even be an issue. And for all you bible freaks you can't pick and chose what your going to believe. Take the entire bible literally or shut up. Find something else to do. There are families in RI who have no food, no money fight for them and knock it off already.
Why did you marry someone you were so miserable with?
chickychickchick erydo

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you marry someone you were so miserable with?
Because I was young and stupid. It wasn't till I divorced him that I discovered he was a sociopath. He was a controlling manipulative jerk. But I stayed and for that I apologize to my kids. I was trying to save my family when in reality I was only hurting them by staying.
Lucky Starr

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

We have our marriage rights in Canada.Yet only a very small amount of us have gotten married.It's not for everyone-gay or str8.My partner and I have been together 15 years and we are legally married.As gay men who fought for this right we remember what marriage is-it's not simply about tax cuts or spousal benefits.If you don't subscribe to what a marriage is then don't get married.In doing so you mock those of us who did this for the right reasons-because we love each other.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Lucky Starr wrote:
We have our marriage rights in Canada.Yet only a very small amount of us have gotten married.It's not for everyone-gay or str8.My partner and I have been together 15 years and we are legally married.As gay men who fought for this right we remember what marriage is-it's not simply about tax cuts or spousal benefits.If you don't subscribe to what a marriage is then don't get married.In doing so you mock those of us who did this for the right reasons-because we love each other.
You are correct
'LOVE' is the reason for marriage
It says so right here (in Olde English):
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
quzluz

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

http://youtube.com/watch...
Goverment at Work,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cranston Discussions

Search the Cranston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Down the Drain Part Two l Algot Abrahamson l Ta... (Jan '09) Wed ASSOCIATEOFMR ABRAHAMSON 13
Senator: Carry-on rule for musical instruments ... Jul 28 Le Jimbo 1
Daniel Lastarza is charged in connection with t... Jul 28 the aunt 4
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 27 Dina Watson 14
Two loud bangs this morning? Jul 27 bEstbUy 2
Troopers arrested Susan Ahlborg, age 40, of 50 ... (Nov '10) Jul 25 mswilson 74
Over 2,500 without power in three RI communities Jul 8 bert 1
•••
•••
•••
Cranston Dating

more search filters

less search filters