Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

You bunch of cry baby adults thats going to school board whinning and crying because poor Murray High cant win a football game and mad because North Murray can you make me sick!!!!...Yall doing all this crap and causing these kids to have to change schools is pretty pathetic...What makes yall think the parents will even let the children play for Murray????..I sure wont allow mine to I will send them to private or Whitfield before they step foot in Gladden or Murray ..Before North Murray was even in the picture Murray couldn't win a game..Grow the hell up and and your age instead of a bunch of cry babies!!!
Time for a Change

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

parent wrote:
You bunch of cry baby adults thats going to school board whinning and crying because poor Murray High cant win a football game and mad because North Murray can you make me sick!!!!...Yall doing all this crap and causing these kids to have to change schools is pretty pathetic...What makes yall think the parents will even let the children play for Murray????..I sure wont allow mine to I will send them to private or Whitfield before they step foot in Gladden or Murray ..Before North Murray was even in the picture Murray couldn't win a game..Grow the hell up and and your age instead of a bunch of cry babies!!!
WE all have to live by the rules. What are we teaching our children if we allow them to attend the incorrect school? That it is okay to break the law as long as you do not get caught? There are a lot of lessons here, parent, that you need to teach your child. You do not always get what you want in life. And, they have to learn to get along with all situations whether they like them or not. Don't miss the great lessons you can teach, parent.
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Really???..Last time I checked going to a school out of district isnt breaking the law..Like I said my child will NOT attend Gladden or Murray High..I had rather pay for my child to go to private school or drive to a school in Whitfield and pay tuition than send my child to either of those schools...BTW I sure dont need someone on topix telling me about how I can teach my child anything!
indian fan 1

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

well then Parent all i can say is bye.
funny

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

indian fan 1 wrote:
well then Parent all i can say is bye.
You could take the best players in Murray and make them go to Murray High and they will fail. You need to first change the administration and coaching at the school first. No parent wants their child to attend there until that happens.
umm

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Time for a Change wrote:
<quoted text>
WE all have to live by the rules. What are we teaching our children if we allow them to attend the incorrect school? That it is okay to break the law as long as you do not get caught? There are a lot of lessons here, parent, that you need to teach your child. You do not always get what you want in life. And, they have to learn to get along with all situations whether they like them or not. Don't miss the great lessons you can teach, parent.
Oh please it's going to a school out of district, they're not robbing a bank. What lesson are you teaching your child? I'm not getting what I want so I'm going to whine until I do? You need to go back and read your own post again. Follow your own words.
indian fan 1

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

My child does go to Murray and is doing well there, is the school perfect no,is the adminastration perfect no,is the coaches perfect no,is the kids that play ball perfect no,there is alot of issues at the school. Look in the stands the kids dont have any support from the community any more everybody wants to blame the coaches and so on but part of the blame should be on us as well for not showing support for these kids,i know its hard to go watch blowouts and money is tight but dont buy a lottery ticket this week go and watch the kids play instead we need to get behind these kids and try and show some support even if we are losing,the rest will take care of itself .
Out of District

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Someone else posted this in the other out of distict forum. I thought it was smart.
Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another example of teacher's unions dictating legislation for a state that is known for its failing schools!!!!!!! What are we ranked now? 48 out of 50? LMAO!

Wow, talk about "Stupidity". First of all, there is no such thing as teacher unions. There are only teacher organizations, which are set up like NRA, PEETA, etc. You pay dues and those organizations fight for legislation that support their cause. This makes a lot of sense for teachers because they need someone to support their cause while they're in the classroom educating your kids.

Secondly, Georgia standards are much more rigorous than many of the other state standards (in case you don't know what rigorous means, it means that what we have to teach is harder than many of the other states). It makes sense that if your standards are higher, fewer kids will pass the same scores. Not only that, there is not a uniform way to test kids, and many states have misleading test scores by not reporting students with disabilities, etc. This will change as the state standards in ELA and Math have now changed to the Common Core Standards, which is a national set of standards that almost all states have adopted. The tests for these standards will not come out for a few years, but we are beginning to adopt them this year.

Finally, out of district students cause many problems. Tardiness is one of the major problems that I have encountered by parents not being able to get their children to school on time and then losing instruction time, reducing their school success (and then they want to blame the teachers!). There's also state and national requirements for classroom size, which can cause issues when you're not being truthful about where you're going.

There are so many of you that think you know what's going on in education, but you really have no clue. Instead, what you should do is get in the schools and volunteer so that you can see what's going on. We need the help and you could use a little insight into what makes a school run well.
Good ol Murray

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

So are kids that attend North Murray out of district being forced to go to Murray? When did this all occur?
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

I think its stupid and from my understanding most of the kids that are b n forced to change are going to pay tuition to attended Dalton Public Schools..Way to go Murray just what we need all the good athletes going to Dalton!!!!..Oh well you bunch of cry babies are getting what you wanted
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>You could take the best players in Murray and make them go to Murray High and they will fail. You need to first change the administration and coaching at the school first. No parent wants their child to attend there until that happens.
. Thank you very well said!
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Good ol Murray wrote:
So are kids that attend North Murray out of district being forced to go to Murray? When did this all occur?
. Thats what they are saying
teddy

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

First off you as Murray co tax payers should be outraged that you cannot send your child to choice school in Murray co. What it boils down to is administrators do not want the constant crybabiescoming to them and talking about other peoples children about being out of district when actually this is a school of choice county. Don't let them blow smoke up your button about districts. All this is doing is driving atheletes to Dalton. Read the newspaper in the sports section with Dalton iv and varsity starting Murray kids. Wake up administrators and jealous parents that cant figure out how to get there kids at north end of county schools you are the problem. Quit gripping and this wouldn't be a issuie. But nobody ever said living in Murray co is easy. Once again jealousy is evil
Ha Ha

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

parent wrote:
A little bit mad? I would say that I would see you on the other side of the bridge but we don't you to see your redneck butt over here making trouble.
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

teddy wrote:
First off you as Murray co tax payers should be outraged that you cannot send your child to choice school in Murray co. What it boils down to is administrators do not want the constant crybabiescoming to them and talking about other peoples children about being out of district when actually this is a school of choice county. Don't let them blow smoke up your button about districts. All this is doing is driving atheletes to Dalton. Read the newspaper in the sports section with Dalton iv and varsity starting Murray kids. Wake up administrators and jealous parents that cant figure out how to get there kids at north end of county schools you are the problem. Quit gripping and this wouldn't be a issuie. But nobody ever said living in Murray co is easy. Once again jealousy is evil
. Amen Teddy your exactly right that is the problem.
Administration needs to tell the bunch of crybabies to go home and not come back to their office unless they actually have something of importance to discuss!
Good ol Murray

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Are any of the players on the football team that are being sent back? I really hate this for the kids.
parent

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Good ol Murray wrote:
Are any of the players on the football team that are being sent back? I really hate this for the kids.
. From what I was told the list of names they have all of them play sports...Go figure!
Concerned

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

The students at NM that entered the school at the time that Murry was not making AYP will stay at NM. The school system can not make these students move back to Murray. Call the Enrollment Center and they will verify this. The students that are at Bagley and are out of district will be moved to Gladden and vice versa if they are going to Gladden and are districted for Bagley.

When a schoold does not make AYP, like Murray, the parents have a choice to move their child to another school regardless of district.
Parent

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Bullying? Bringing guns to school? The safety of our children at the schools in the county? Academic? Graduation rates? These are the issues these "those kids are going to school out of district" tattle tales and the school system should be worried about! My God people! This is not that big of a county. They are not hurting anyone! They obviously use their own transportation to and from school (no school buses), they still spend their money in the same school system, same county. This used to be a school of your choice county. Let's worry about what is important.
Parent

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

If everyone would just follow the rules, this would not have to be on topix! The reason some people are so upset is because it is not fair to the kids that would like to go to another school. Some parents choose to set an example by not using a false address.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of218
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crandall Discussions

Search the Crandall Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min Pride 39,796
Al Sharpton Typical Demonazi 1 hr Bobby 1
Cliver Bundy typical GOP'eer 1 hr Doo 1
need a anxity dr asap 2 hr Sunshineonacloudyday 11
Officer Morrison 3 hr Scam Newton 17
Magistrate Judge Gale Buckner or Dwayne Hooper 3 hr curious 36
Rich democrat 5 hr Wardelle 1
•••
•••
•••
Crandall Dating

more search filters

less search filters