Michael Jackson Memorial High for new...

Michael Jackson Memorial High for new high school in Cramerton?

There are 43 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Michael Jackson Memorial High for new high school in Cramerton?. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Gaston County Schools received more than 2,000 entries suggesting names for the high school in the process of being built in Cramerton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
please

Icard, NC

#1 Mar 30, 2011
seriously?? you've got to be kidding! this is the dumbest name i have ever heard. I wouldn't let my kids go there just because of the name. wonder if they will have a good music program though, and for electives would there be a freak pedophile training class? give me a break!
name

Charlotte, NC

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Hough High?
Hope High?
Marvin

Gastonia, NC

#3 Mar 31, 2011
How about High Tax High...that's what's going to happen to fund this thing.
name

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 31, 2011
Maybe we could sell the naming rights.

RDS High.
Whitewater Center High.
Grandover Resort High.

Could be a way of getting our money back.
Jack Martin

Gastonia, NC

#5 Mar 31, 2011
Got to be kidding.
Jim Beam

Belmont, NC

#6 Mar 31, 2011
Levecchia High

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 31, 2011
South Point West High for all the local red necks.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 31, 2011
Kelly Collins High.
mount holly high

Mount Holly, NC

#9 Mar 31, 2011
how about Belmont High because it looks like belmont and cramerton will benefit not Mount Holly all though the school board promised us that East Gaston would be directly affect due to it being THE MOST OVER CROWDED HIGH SCHOOL IN GASTON COUNTY thats why we voted yes for the school bonds

Since: Mar 11

Belmont, NC

#10 Mar 31, 2011
Let them sell (or lease) naming rights to the local politicians. They can use the monies they acquire from screwing the taxpayers!!!
Hoyle High(way) would sound good.
IrrateJim

Mount Holly, NC

#11 Apr 1, 2011
mount holly high wrote:
how about Belmont High because it looks like belmont and cramerton will benefit not Mount Holly all though the school board promised us that East Gaston would be directly affect due to it being THE MOST OVER CROWDED HIGH SCHOOL IN GASTON COUNTY thats why we voted yes for the school bonds
I agree it should be named Belmont High since it benefits McAdenville, Cramerton, & Belmont, not Stanley & Mt. Holly who go to East Gaston High, the only 4A school in Gaston County, that is over crowded and was built for the size of a 3A school.
Makes you wonder whom is steering the boat?
Ohhh BTW what is the largest city in Gaston County next to gastonia, hmmm Mt. Holly!
mike

Mount Ulla, NC

#12 Apr 1, 2011
How about Liver Puddin High School? They could put all of the LD (learning disabled) students there.
Taxpayer Tom

Gastonia, NC

#13 Apr 1, 2011
There will be students from East Gaston assigned to the new school.
Taxpayer Tom

Gastonia, NC

#14 Apr 1, 2011
P.S. the school is not is not in Belmont.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 1, 2011
mike wrote:
How about Liver Puddin High School? They could put all of the LD (learning disabled) students there.
Wow, I can picture you now sitting in your parent's basement cleverly putting this together.
MtHollyDave

Atlanta, GA

#16 Apr 1, 2011
Taxpayer Tom wrote:
P.S. the school is not is not in Belmont.
I bet it's a lot closer to the city limits of Belmont, Cramerton, and McAdenville than it is to Mt. Holly or Stanley!
Of course they can bus the kids from Mt. Holly & Stanley as long as they get up at 5:00 am to catch bus.
name

Charlotte, NC

#17 Apr 1, 2011
MtHollyDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it's a lot closer to the city limits of Belmont, Cramerton, and McAdenville than it is to Mt. Holly or Stanley!
Of course they can bus the kids from Mt. Holly & Stanley as long as they get up at 5:00 am to catch bus.
I was going to post and ask the location of the school yesterday, because I feel the same way as you about the distance. Traffic congestion from Mt. Holly and Belmont is extremely heavy already.
joey

Toledo, OH

#18 Apr 1, 2011
Liver Puddin wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I can picture you now sitting in your parent's basement cleverly putting this together.
Just admit that he got you on that one! Funny stuff. Look at it this way, you could be the Principal!
EGFAN

Charlotte, NC

#19 Apr 1, 2011
What about Bennie Cunningham Memorial....he already has a bridge named after him.

Location hidden

#20 Apr 1, 2011
Cramer Mountain High.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cramerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) 16 hr Young Voter 11
Child Molesters of Gaston County Sat Coach Mack 6
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... May 26 Director of Athle... 7
Why Belmont has an Undying Love for Alcoholics May 26 Lake Dweller 8
What happened to the Cramerton Christian Academ... May 26 Dick 5
allison love May 26 Ronnie Mund 12
getting to the truth. (Mar '10) May 26 CGJ 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cramerton Mortgages