'Laura's Law' would make laws stiffer...

'Laura's Law' would make laws stiffer on repeat drunken drivers

There are 2 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jan 28, 2011, titled 'Laura's Law' would make laws stiffer on repeat drunken drivers. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Hundreds of people die each year in North Carolina because of drinking and driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Malcolm III

Belmont, NC

#1 Feb 3, 2011
Not directly related to this article and proposed law, but while I was driving down a 45 MPH road yesterday, I got stuck behind a "Liquor Cycle" (a moped) doing 25 MPH.

Now some people drive those because they don't have the money for a car or even a motorcycle, but the majority of people drive them because they lost their license to a DUI.

Am I alone in thinking that those people should at least be allowed to drive a scooter that can do 45 MPH, so that they're not constantly holding up traffic?
ABC

Gastonia, NC

#2 Feb 4, 2011
I don't think they should be driving at all. IF you can still get from pointA to pointB, you will never learn your lesson. Also, all should be required to wear an ankle alcohol monitoring bracelet until their probation is up. And you say that cost money. Then limit the time prisoners get on the internet, take cable out of prisons and give them slop to eat... with their hands (since they can't be trusted with forks). The state spends too much money on this garbage; especially repeat offenders. We need to get tougher on drinking and driving laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cramerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selling Nudes? (Mar '17) Fri Hardcider 17
sex in gastonia (Sep '13) Sep 20 JaydaDin 17
dr who prescribes pain medication for chronic m... (Jul '13) Sep 18 healllll 21
News Last Place on Earth closing Sep 17 Talkischeap 11
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) Sep 11 lela 20
Stanley joined AYFL (Mar '17) Sep 11 football fan 22
News Developer interested in building on contaminate... Sep 10 watching 3

Cramerton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cramerton Mortgages