Deadly Wreck In Nicholas County

Deadly Wreck In Nicholas County

There are 108 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Deadly Wreck In Nicholas County. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

A fatal car crash in Nicholas County claims the life of one man. It happened early Sunday morning on Route 55 between Werth and Muddlety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
nieghbor

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2010
who was killed
nieghbor

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2010
A fatal car crash in Nicholas County claims the life of one man. It happened early Sunday morning on Route 55 between Werth and Muddlety.

Investigators say 20-year-old Jonathan Rose of Cowen was driving at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his car and flipped the vehicle several times.

Rose and a passenger, 19-year-old Joshua Pileggi of Craigsville were ejected from the vehicle. Neither were wearing seat belts. Rose died Monday at Charleston Area Medical Center. Pileggi was seriously injured and is being treated at Summersville Memorial Hospital.

A second passenger, 20-year-old Kurt Wicker of Franklin, was wearing a seat belt and suffered only minor scratches.
from me

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2010
Prayers to the Family,
I love you guys,
I loved Jonathan,
You will find peace.
why

Bluefield, WV

#4 Jun 19, 2010
why would you ask who was killed, then post the story from the paper?????
the truth will come out

Summersville, WV

#5 Jun 19, 2010
jonathan was not the driver the driver got out of the driverside and walked away jonathan is getting the blame because he is not here to defend himself,he is and will always be greatly loved andsadly missed, but he will always be in our heart
PRAYERS

Lerona, WV

#6 Jun 19, 2010
Whhy start this after so long? The Only thing the family needs is prayers. please just drop this.
well

Lerona, WV

#7 Jun 19, 2010
well i am close family and yes we appreciate the prayers but now that he has been laid to rest we want to get to the bottom and let everyone know the real truth...jonathan should not have to lay 6 feet under with the blame on him simply bc he cannot speak for himself. We want to make sure justice is served. Regardless if it was truly an accident, they all were adults and the driver (we all know who) should pay for his actions. Its a shame that a life so young had to be taken. It would be one thing if the driver would have been a MAN and came forward but instead he is a coward! Yes it still hurts like hell that jonathan is gone and it will take time but i pray that the guilt eats away at KW for the rest of ur life! Put yourselves in our spots, you too would want justice to be served...its not about money or anything like that, its about clearing a dead mans name! We do not want jonathan laid to rest with lies hanging over his head!
Mary Jonathans mom

Summersville, WV

#8 Jun 19, 2010
yes we all do appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayer and a big part of my life has been taken away and can never be replaced, and I do want justice for Jonathan. He was not only my only child, but the only man that truly and always loved me (his mom),he also was very caring and big hearted. He had alot of heartache in his life,but he holds a very special place in alot of peoples heart.
Chris - Johnathan aunt

Parkersburg, WV

#9 Jun 19, 2010
Whhy start this after so long? The Only thing the family needs is prayers. please just drop this.

TO - PRAYERS AND ABOUT YOUR COMMENT.

IT MIGHT SEEM SO LONG AGO TO YOU, BUT NOT US JOHNATHAN'S FAMILY. WE ARE REMINDED EVRY SECOND OF EVERYDAY WHAT WAS TAKEN FROM US. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS, BUT NOW WE NEED THE TRUTH AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL COME OUT AND THE LONGER IT TAKES THE HARDER THE JUSTICE. YOU SAY DROP IT!!!! WHEN SOMEONE TAKES SOMEONE SO CLOSE TO YOU AND THEN LIES AND BLAMES THE PERSON THEY KILLED, LETS SEE YOU DROP IT. WE LOVE JOHNATHAN WITH ALL OUR HEART MISS HE EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY. THIS HAS CHANGED OUR LIVES FOREVER. JOHNATHAN HAD LONG LIFE AHEAD HIM. HE CAN'T BE HERE TO TELL HIS SIDE, THE TURTH, SO WE HIS FAMILY WILL. IF YOU KNEW JOHNATHAN YOU KNEW HE WAS A TRUE FRIEND FOR LIFE AND HE WOULD NEVER LIED ON ONE OF HIS FRIENDS. YOU TOOK JOHNATHAN FROM US, BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE HIS MEMORY. SO THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS, BUT WE ALSO NEED AND WANT JUSTICE TO BE SERVED. FROM YOUR COMMENT I WONDER ARE YOU A FRIEND OR HIDING SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT KNOWN. BECAUSE IF YOU WERE A FRIEND OYU WOULDN'T WANT IT DROPPED UNTIL YOU HAD THE TURTH ( JUSTICE ).
PRAYERS

Lerona, WV

#10 Jun 19, 2010
I hope the truth comes out fast for your family. I wanted people to drop it because I know how things always get bad on here and I did not want people bashing your family.
Kassie

Summersville, WV

#11 Jun 20, 2010
I loved Jonathan he was with me for all my life he would never put anyone's life at risk... plus Jonathan was a very nice guy and i will always remember him i hope that justice is served on KW for taking him away from all of us. you all are in my prayers
confused here

Rupert, WV

#12 Jun 20, 2010
it says on post 2 that KW was wearing his seat belt and he was a passenger.
why would he feel guilty of that?
and it also states that jonathan was driving. would the police have that wrong when they showed up. you would think that KW would have still been in his seat if the werck was bad. unless he jumped out and jumped in another seat.
just wondering here. thats all nothing to make anyone mad cause i have no clue about these boys.
jonathans mom

Summersville, WV

#13 Jun 20, 2010
KW DID NOT EVEN TRY TO GET HELP FOR THE OTHERS,HE WAS SEEN WALKING/RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SCENE. AT FIRST NONONE EVEN KNEW THAT THERE WAS OTHERS INVOLVED UNTIL ONE OF THE NEIGHBORS WENT TO CHECK IT OUT AND FOUND JONATHAN AND JOSH.THE NEIGHBORS HAD ALREADY CALLED 911. THEY FOUND KW DOWN THE ROAD AT HIS GIRLFRIEND'S HOUSE, WHO ALSO WAS SUPPOSE TO BE WITH THEM WHEN THEY WRECKED. KW CAN NOT KEEP HIS STORIES STRAIGHT,HE HAS LIED SOME MUCH TO ME AND MY FAMILY, THAT WE WILL MAKE SURE JONATHAN WILL GET THE JUSTICE HE DESERVES!!!!
What ever

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2010
They are no good kids stealing and pawning things to get drugs. So you can say what you want but they put themselfs on the wreck I pray they get off the junk they are on and the family see these users for what they are
HILLBILLY MOONSHINER

United States

#15 Jun 20, 2010
What ever wrote:
They are no good kids stealing and pawning things to get drugs. So you can say what you want but they put themselfs on the wreck I pray they get off the junk they are on and the family see these users for what they are
YOU ARE ONE LOW S O B !!! PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON HERE !!! Everyone messes up as im sure you have, this lady lost her son HAVE SOME RESPECT !!i know josh and i know the story so you had better lay off !! AND FAST !! would you want someone talking trash if a drunk killed your child then run and left him suffering by the road ?? NO ONE DESERVES THAT !!! IF YOUR SO ALMIGHTY TO SAY THIS TRASH ATLEAST BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO PUT YOUR NAME ???
HILLBILLY MOONSHINER

United States

#16 Jun 20, 2010
JONATHAN'S MOM ? IM TRYING MY BEST TO HELP YOU NOW " WHATEVER" DONE PISSED ME OFF !! THAT KW IS STAYING IN WOOD'S TRAILOR PARK IN RICHWOOD ,Contact marvin woods if he will tell ya, I heard marvin was running with KW's mom,the trailor is Down past the C R E GRADE SCHOOL,GET THE CLOSURE YOU DESERVE !!! GET EM !!!!!!
Ryan Cloney

United States

#17 Jun 20, 2010
Kurt Wicker is not in the trailor park he is in holcomb at his step dad's! i know cause i live in the trailor park as well but he left shortly after Jonathans Funeral! Mary Im so sorry for your loss Jonathan was a great kid and friend he will always be loved and missed HE WAS MY BEST FIREND and after jonathan passed and the day before we went to his wake kurt give me his shoes! but i did the right thing and took them to the wake wit me and gave them to jonathans mom Mary if your reading this i would love to have something of jonathans to remember him by i PROMISE YOU NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO IT and I hope and i pray every night for justice to be served and the dumbass who thinks its cool to drive 110 miles and hour ecspecially in west virginia goes to jail and has to deal with the guilt and it eats them for the rest of their lives Mary and Family im so sorry for the loss of your son, grandson and nephew and a Wonderful Friend
1 post removed
Lynn B

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2010
Mary & Family &Friends
I do not know u but my prayers r with u an family friends I hope u get justice on this my heart goes out to u an yrs KW is just like rest his family thief liar Dear I will keep u in my prayers
May God Be With You All
i think

United States

#20 Jun 21, 2010
You guys should drop this, they were obviously friends so its not like it was done on purpose, even if another boy was driving, and he gets caught, that wont bring Jonothon back, not being mean but look at it both ways, you want a kid to go to jail for manslaughter over something he didnt mean to do? people make mistakes, i'm sure that was the last intention, God bless your family.
well

Rupert, WV

#21 Jun 21, 2010
i think wrote:
You guys should drop this, they were obviously friends so its not like it was done on purpose, even if another boy was driving, and he gets caught, that wont bring Jonothon back, not being mean but look at it both ways, you want a kid to go to jail for manslaughter over something he didnt mean to do? people make mistakes, i'm sure that was the last intention, God bless your family.
Well why dont you swap places with us then...so until you know what we are going through and feel then you shut it...and technically you could say it was intentional for the simple fact that he DID NOT HAVE TO DRIVE THAT FAST...do i need to say it again HE DID NOT, but he chose to make an irresponsible choice. And on top of that he did run from the scene. And for all you big mouths, yes i know what the damn police report and paper said but guess what they were wrong bc kurt even told us he left several different times and each time he made an excuse and couldnt keep his story straight...so you tell me if he did NOTHING wrong and wasnt trying to hide something then why didnt he stay and try and help?? I mean if he was so innocent and not driving then he had nothing to worry about. Im sure his intentions that night wasnt to "kill" someone but you know what it happened and he is an adult and yes he should pay for what he done just like if it was your child you would want something done. So lets just let him get off so that he can jump in a car again and possibly hurt someone else. He is a coward and a chicken shit. A real man who face what he has done NOT hide and blame it on the 2 boys who actually suffered. And as for the police report and paper...it is wrong he did flee the scene bc it came straight from his mouth several times and there are witnesses who lived right by the accident who seen it all. Also jonathan wasn't 20 so there the paper was wrong...it also wasnt his car so yep, again WRONG..just bc you read shit in the paper doesnt mean its the truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craigsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Donald (Jun '15) 12 hr Wva is great 9
Samantha dodrill 16 hr Wondering 1
Who robbed Hometown? 16 hr Haventheard 4
Sanson Locked Up Fri Dare 6
What does people think about Mike Walker from C... Mar 23 Sourapple 4
What's up? Mar 22 Rolling over term 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Mar 22 cabin creek Cu m 4,010

Craigsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance