First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need information

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2010
I was told by someone at the landfill that they hired a couple of new employees just to go through trash. They said they suspected employees at certain small buisnesses are dumping their personal trash into cans and dumpsters, and if caught there is a big fine, and possible jail time. Has anyone else heard of this?
WoW

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Can you imagine what a nasty job that would be? I am always picking up my mom's mail and then throwing away her junk mail in mine. I guess that is a crime now?? What is the purpose in doing this??
Get Ready

Spearsville, LA

#3 Feb 17, 2010
Get ready to get screwed by Nicholas Sanitation and the NCSWA. They hired a person to enforce the "manditory garbage servive law". Which says you have to provide proof of how you dispose of garbage. This will make more people sign up on garbage service, which will put more monry in Joe Youngs pocket.

How can the biggest customer of the landfill sit on the board that runs the landfill?

Smells fishy to me.
answer this

United States

#4 Feb 17, 2010
Get Ready wrote:
Get ready to get screwed by Nicholas Sanitation and the NCSWA. They hired a person to enforce the "manditory garbage servive law". Which says you have to provide proof of how you dispose of garbage. This will make more people sign up on garbage service, which will put more monry in Joe Youngs pocket.
How can the biggest customer of the landfill sit on the board that runs the landfill?
Smells fishy to me.
Yes it does smell fishy. What about all the people that throw their garbage away on FREE day. If its free day and they throw their trash away and they go through it and find something how can they do anything about that?
see

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2010
they are more conserned with the bisness trash, some workers are taking their trash to thier jobs and putting it in thier dumpsters to keep from them spending the $18 a month, they will get caught, and guess what people, it is not just nicholas county that is doing it, it is webster to, so just think if you are doing it, you better stop, and now, it isn't like you don't have the money, you are doing it at your JOB, so you have the money..
Taxpayer

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2010
see wrote:
they are more conserned with the bisness trash, some workers are taking their trash to thier jobs and putting it in thier dumpsters to keep from them spending the $18 a month, they will get caught, and guess what people, it is not just nicholas county that is doing it, it is webster to, so just think if you are doing it, you better stop, and now, it isn't like you don't have the money, you are doing it at your JOB, so you have the money..
Maybe the business allows their employees to put their trash in the dumpster. If you own a business, can you put your household trash in your business dumpster? Maybe they should make it more convenient for people to take their trash to the dump. I pay the trash company every month for pickup so it does not directly affect me. Many people work 6 days a week so maybe they should have the dump open on Sunday so those people can take their trash in. There should be some accountability for activities at the dump. Not so long ago there was a small excavator being leased or rented for the dump. That was a "no bid" deal. Maybe others would like to rent equipment to the dump on a deal like that.
racket

United States

#7 Feb 18, 2010
isnt it a shame that the trash is monopolized by nicholas sanatation,thats like one gas station in town that you have to buy your gas from and if you get it elswere you get a fine,if these bussines have a dumpster they should be able to throw away anything they want they pay for it,and if they want to let an employee throw something in it it should be ther say, so i say everyone tell larry bradford, and joe young to kiss our ass and get together and take our garbage to beckley.
racket

United States

#8 Feb 18, 2010
Its also amazing bradford filed bankruptsy a couple years ago but drive by his farm on armstrong and look at all the equipment and vehicles that he has acquired since taking the landfill job,new house, suburban, all the toys,oh wonder how much rodney lerose is padding his pocket he is getting no bid contracts at the landfill and seems to have trucks that haul stone in ther every day,hmmmm wonder if larrys vehicles come from midstate chevy?
Bacon

Spearsville, LA

#9 Feb 21, 2010
Since when do you have to prove you didnt break a law? I thought in the US you were innocent until proven guilty. Thats like a traffic cop stopping you and saying " Prove to me you ere not speeding 10 miles back". Let them take you to court and make them prove you dont use proper disposal. There is nothing in your garbage that cant be recycled or composted. If you wanted to you would never have to PAY LARRY AND JOE YOUNG for garbage disposal.
in ther pocket

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2010
joe has every one in his pocket,why do you think thers only one garbage company???????how many trucking companys are in the vacinity that coulds buy trucks and pick up your garbage, hell dump rates in beckley are cheaper than here,when was the last time you saw the advertisement in the nicholas chronical for trash collection bids? thats what i thought!!!do ya ever wonder why the city of richwood still runs their own garbage truck? cause its big money for them.everyone needs to wake up!!!! joe is rich enough by now wouldnt ya think?
in ther pocket

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2010
I think everyone should just take ther garbage to the land fill and skip the garbage trks, i would send my pickup for free and haul it if people would pay the dump fee!!!!
hmmmmmmm

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2010
in ther pocket wrote:
I think everyone should just take ther garbage to the land fill and skip the garbage trks, i would send my pickup for free and haul it if people would pay the dump fee!!!!
I wouldn't mind a bit if it weren't for the mess at the dump and you risk a chance of getting a flat tire in all that junk.
Bacon

Spearsville, LA

#13 Feb 22, 2010
Well I dont mind a company making money but I dont like it when the Government (landfill) uses tax money to help a company. How can Joe Young run the board of directors that sets the rates for his disposal.
And now he is having the county hire a man to make sure people have to sign up for his garbage service.
Is That Right

United States

#14 Feb 23, 2010
Question? Does everyone else get late fees all the time on their bill? I can send my bill from C'ville to S'ville a week ahead of the due date and still send up with a late fee. I guess it takes the "scenic route"! We even figured it out at the post office to see how long it would take to get to Nicholas Sanitation and I still got a late fee! I do know that if it is due on Sat or Sun, you better make sure it is paid by Friday. That's a lot of extra money for them, just like the water bills.
Friend

Summersville, WV

#15 Apr 20, 2010
Joe Young doesn't own the damn land fill. It is run by Nicholas County. Joe Young just picks the trash up. If you have such a problem with it, go to the board meeting and do something about it. Don't just sit back and complain.
Open your eyes

Logan, IA

#16 Apr 26, 2010
He may not own it but Joe Young is on the board of directors that DO run the landfill. Get your facts straight!
Friend wrote:
Joe Young doesn't own the damn land fill. It is run by Nicholas County. Joe Young just picks the trash up. If you have such a problem with it, go to the board meeting and do something about it. Don't just sit back and complain.
no garbage

Summersville, WV

#17 Apr 26, 2010
Friend wrote:
Can't figure out how they can force you to buy a service from a private company. Seems a little like communism. If you aren't dumping trash illegally somewhere, it's not anybody's business if you buy their service.
big wheel

Staunton, VA

#18 Apr 27, 2010
well maybe we all need to ask why are we forced to pay joe young a trash fee and now prove to them that if we r not payin joe that we are lawfully disposing of our garbage.it a big racket just go look whoes equipent is at the landfill working rite now covering the trash,mid state chevy hmm can ya put it all together yet? did ya see any requests for proposals in the chronical or anywer else didnt think so,lerose is in the landfill to now follow the trail its your money.
joe does not work for the

Huntington, WV

#19 Jul 15, 2011
Bacon wrote:
Well I dont mind a company making money but I dont like it when the Government (landfill) uses tax money to help a company. How can Joe Young run the board of directors that sets the rates for his disposal.
And now he is having the county hire a man to make sure people have to sign up for his garbage service.
joe is not on the board
your wrong

United States

#20 Jul 17, 2011
This from the Nicholas County Solid Wate Authority (Landfill) Web Site today:
NCSWA Board of Directors & Appointing Body

Gary Brown-Chairman-Nicholas County Commission

Chris Mondreas-Vice Chairman-Elk Soil Conservation

Pat Justice-Secretary, Treasurer-WV DEP

Joe Young-Memeber- WV Public Service Commission

Bruce Tallamy-Memeber-Nicholas County commission

Executive Director - Larry Bradford

Engineer - Larry Harrah

Litter Control Officer - John Hamon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craigsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a male around age of 23-33 yrs for 3Sum! 27 min Curious 15
Anyone Know Lance Knight (Sep '10) 51 min Know him 10
curious 3 hr Hermit 41
Dream Home 4 hr csinable 10
Girl at ymart 8 hr Dayummmmm 2
Knight (Jan '14) Sun Ohio 26
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun City of grafton 4,390

Craigsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance