Richwood police officer stole prescri...

Richwood police officer stole prescription pills from evidence locker, State Police say

There are 46 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Jan 29, 2014, titled Richwood police officer stole prescription pills from evidence locker, State Police say. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Gerald Paul Tinney Jr., 42, of Craigsville, was charged with breaking and entering and delivery of a controlled substance, according to a news release issued by State Police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I knows

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2014
I love how everyone bitched all the time about him being a cop. Now no one has anything to say including those that supported him being Richwood PD?
fatboy

Lizemores, WV

#2 Jan 30, 2014
I knows wrote:
I love how everyone bitched all the time about him being a cop. Now no one has anything to say including those that supported him being Richwood PD?
I've said all along he could not pass a drug test. Got nothing but hell over it.So I ask a well known drug user how one could pass & was informed it was easy if you know how.
just me

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Jan 30, 2014
fatboy wrote:
<quoted text>I've said all along he could not pass a drug test. Got nothing but hell over it.So I ask a well known drug user how one could pass & was informed it was easy if you know how.
Are cops drug tested ?? If not they need to be, each and everyone of them !! Im drug tested to keep my job.... they should be too !!!! Id say hes just one of many. Only difference is he got caught !!!
I knows

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2014
I think most cops are tested whether he ever was or not who knows?
1 post removed
Informer

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 30, 2014
john taylor they are coming for you next!
frankie

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2014
Who cares about Jon hes didn't have that uniform and trust of city. He was let in by a sworn officer who in turn done drugs with him. Probably not to funny now huh Jerry? Hope they get Jon in end as well.
funny haha

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Feb 1, 2014
may as well have shawn beaver or jesse woods with a gun and badge!
Justin

Summersville, WV

#9 Feb 2, 2014
Bet one thing for sure, it won't be a Tinney lmfao
its coming out

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2014
Its funny how the family and relatives were complaining how everyone posting about Jerry getting arrested was directly hurting them and his parents and tried to sweep it under the rug. This kinda stuff should be brought to light and not hid most of his family knew he was doing drugs just as most of Richwood did? Did any of them question it? I can't believe Larry hired him and the City upheld it? Worthless! None of this though should reflect badly on his family or relatives they are responsible for their own lives including his parents. Jerry Tinney is a grown idiot a worthless burden on his family and druggie no body forced him to be. If he chooses to change then so can the opinion I speak about him.
MsHinkle

Powellton, WV

#11 Feb 8, 2014
No wonder we get laughed at so much. This is so sad. I can't believe they even hired Jerry. Everybody all ready knew about his problems. Larry and the mayor have some kind of explaining to do.
Wondering

Hockessin, DE

#12 Feb 8, 2014
Why is Jerry's side of the story not being told public yet? All we have is what John told the state police. Lets hear the whole story of what happened. Where is the proof in all this. Do we only believe what John said? No I don't think so. Do you know who and what John is. LOTS TO THIS STORY!
Lol

Hockessin, DE

#13 Feb 8, 2014
MsHinkle wrote:
No wonder we get laughed at so much. This is so sad. I can't believe they even hired Jerry. Everybody all ready knew about his problems. Larry and the mayor have some kind of explaining to do.
quote ms Hinkle fake name, lets tell what I know about YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
I agree

Hagerstown, MD

#14 Feb 8, 2014
MsHinkle wrote:
No wonder we get laughed at so much. This is so sad. I can't believe they even hired Jerry. Everybody all ready knew about his problems. Larry and the mayor have some kind of explaining to do.
I agree questions need to be answered because we have become a laughing stock
2 posts removed
I agree

Hagerstown, MD

#17 Feb 9, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>what questions do u need answered. I understand u can't get answeres from the paper because they are wrong. Larry was not an uncle to any cop. Lol and before u can ask questions u need everyone's side of the story to the questions you are wanting to ask. Ask away at the next city council meeting
QUESTIONS - I'm willing to pose to anyone who is willing to answer as you say

1. What type of backround check does Richwood do on potential police officers? Answer - seems like none but chime in if you know.
2. This individual was supposed to pass an extensive drug test upon completing a medical physical to gain entry into the WVSP basic officer course according to the WVSP website. This was supposed to be done to assure his gaining entry into the academy. Did he take his physical yet and if not why? My best guess is no because no one here not even the former chief made it through the academy or for that fact wants to go when the times comes. Again if I'm wrong please correct me.
3. How and why would anyone hire an individual with a known substance abuse problem for such a position of publuc trust. Come on now everyone in town knew something like this was going to happen when they hired him. As the old saying goes a leopard can't change its spots and in his case it has proven true.
4. Why not try to get qualified people on the police force, people who have already geen trained and who have proveh they fan do the job? Answer - how do you expect to attract good officers when you pay the dhief (who has never graduated from the police academy)$35,000.00+ a year and you pay officers $9.50 an hour. Seems like the city needs to spend some money and try to get some good officers here. In fact, in my opinion one good officer is better than an entire dept full of bad ones.

These are just a few right off the top of my head, I'm sure I can come up with more but I did'nt want to overwhelm you. Since you feel you have a better insight into this please feel free to address these for now.
Well

Craigsville, WV

#18 Feb 9, 2014
1.and 2. they do background checks, physical and drug test before hiring.
3. Was not aware. He's never been in trouble and everything I know about him is good. Sure, no one is perfect. I'm sure that there is things I don't know about him. But what I do know, didn't raise any red flags.
4.as for getting qualified people, these officers were about to take turns to the academy, had one leaving on the Monday but city council shut force down
These are just my opinions on the questions
I agree

Hagerstown, MD

#19 Feb 9, 2014
Well wrote:
1.and 2. they do background checks, physical and drug test before hiring.
3. Was not aware. He's never been in trouble and everything I know about him is good. Sure, no one is perfect. I'm sure that there is things I don't know about him. But what I do know, didn't raise any red flags.
4.as for getting qualified people, these officers were about to take turns to the academy, had one leaving on the Monday but city council shut force down
These are just my opinions on the questions
As for 1 and 2 drug test to enter the academy are done after hiring per WV Law Enforcement Training. In fact an officer can work 90 days before even taking all the required medical and drug testing to enter the academy.
As for 3 ask anyone in town or any of the other LEOs that work in the county. None had anything good to say about him and all think its funny how he was hired in the first place.
As for 4 how many times has the city hired people only to have them quit before going to the academy. Also just because someone was supposed to go doesnt mean they would go or would even make it through the first day or week of training without quitting and coming home.

Just look at the track record the city has when it comes to its police dept andas I said you get what you pay for and the citizens of Richwood got the short end of the stick with all of these guys
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Madison, WV

#20 Feb 9, 2014
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't want to upset and embarrass his family and friends. If no one knows about it then it aint so. Right?

That is the problem and its called "ENABLING" if you pretend it is not happening and don't talk about it and its OK because its your family member. I can tell you there are lots of families out there that wish they had addressed the problems before their Loved ones ended up DEAD. If you let this go on then you only have yourself to blame when the end results are tragic.
Steve Blank

Hagerstown, MD

#21 Feb 9, 2014
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't want to upset and embarrass his family and friends. If no one knows about it then it aint so. Right?
That is the problem and its called "ENABLING" if you pretend it is not happening and don't talk about it and its OK because its your family member. I can tell you there are lots of families out there that wish they had addressed the problems before their Loved ones ended up DEAD. If you let this go on then you only have yourself to blame when the end results are tragic.
Well said you can't hope someone with a problem like this fixes themselves because they probably don't have the will power to do it so its up to family and friends step up. Also to poster I Agree you hit the nail on the head. Poor judgement on the part of both the mayor and the chief because the blame rests with them. I find it funny that the chief who has never been to the academy makes so much and they expect new officers to go to the academy and work for peanuts and this guy definately had a serious problem when he was hired because I also heard some other police officers talking about him and the others when they were hired and nothing good was said.

They took the first step and got rid of everyone now they need to get a qualified chief and start rebuilding the dept from the ground up. Im sure when graduation day at the academy comes they could find someone there who would be willing to work as long as they the city is willing to pay them more than $9.50 an hour. This will keep good officers from leaving and going to the county or summersville pd or surrounding depts.
Road Runner

United States

#22 Feb 9, 2014
The ex chief has been the academy three times and flunked out every time .
Steve Blank

Hagerstown, MD

#23 Feb 9, 2014
Road Runner wrote:
The ex chief has been the academy three times and flunked out every time .
I guess third times the charm did'nt work out so well for him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craigsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erika alderman-jon taylor 4 hr Have some cheese ... 1
Judy and Brianna Burns 8 hr Realbitch 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr The monster 4,243
church Thu snakes 1
Place to rent Thu pervert 3
christy hall Sep 20 Someone 24
looking for M2M fun Sep 18 Cameron singleton 5

Craigsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Craigsville Mortgages