Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virginia in 2010?

Posted in the Craigsville Forum

Comments (Page 442)

Showing posts 8,821 - 8,840 of53,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
River Ridge

Nitro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

I dont think i said that people in their seventies werent paying their own way. If I had said that then I would have been putting myself in that group since I am nearly in my seventies. And, by the way, I also pay income tax, ss witholding, state income tax, property tax and sales tax. when it is all figured out I probable pay 25 percent or more in taxes; however, I only pay about 7.5 percent on my income which is mostly all retirement type income. what really gets stuck in my craw is all the young people (younger than me anyway) that are contributing absolutly nothing to our society and it is our governments fault. It is not the fault of the individual who just takes advantage of every giveaway program there is to survive. Everyone wants something for nothing, Im just tired of our government making it so easy to get it. I am concerned about what happens when no taxes are collected from anyone. Do we just turn our country over to China?
Jim H

Petersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Did you know that Joe Manchin sponsored and signed the West Virginia Cap and Trade bill (HB 103) on June 17, 2009. He also supports Obama care... Check it out He's for Joe not West Virginia. He is Obama's ally

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

OWTF wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you read the 47% topix that is on this forum and see just how some people are in their 70's and STILL paying their own way. Sick and tired of how some of you act so informed and are still so uninformed. Not everyone that you people are so good at putting down are the so called moochers on the government rolls. Yes everyone needs to contribute towards their own keep but I can't see where I pay 24% of my income to taxes and people like Romney get by with 14% or less. The Pentagon spends 460 million dollars($460,000,000.00) EVERY 6 hours now you do the math. This is due to the un-necessary wars that a Republican President took us into with lies. It doesn't get spent on military salaries because most military families are having to use food stamps to get by. Romney is talking about taking 460 million away from PBS that would fund it for a whole year. He has no intention of cutting any pentagon funding because people like himself are making money as part of the war machine.
Right but Romney wants a flat tax across the board, not a fluctuating tax dependent on income level. As far as PBS why should we keep funding it? It has the capacity and capability to make enough money to sustain itself, but no moochers don't want to see that. Moochers are happy as long as they keep getting the free handouts.
Great

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Jim H wrote:
Did you know that Joe Manchin sponsored and signed the West Virginia Cap and Trade bill (HB 103) on June 17, 2009. He also supports Obama care... Check it out He's for Joe not West Virginia. He is Obama's ally
Glad to here it. Go Obama/Manchin.
Politix

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

All this politics is just making me upset. I do not like any candidate running for president.I think this country is going to be in trouble either way. Very sad situation.
OWTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

GhostShaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Right but Romney wants a flat tax across the board, not a fluctuating tax dependent on income level. As far as PBS why should we keep funding it? It has the capacity and capability to make enough money to sustain itself, but no moochers don't want to see that. Moochers are happy as long as they keep getting the free handouts.
Do you consider children that are getting discounted or free school lunches Moochers I don't!! There are some children that the only food they get for the day is just these lunches. I know that PBS could very well support itself I was talking to people that understand the mathematics. I guess the $460,000,000.00 every 6 hours was totally over your head. If you were implying that I am a moocher, I am not; have worked hard my whole life and never been on any type of assistance but feel that the agencies should be there to help people get back on their feet when bad things happen that is no fault of their own. Romney will take away help for a college education, small business assistance, women's health agencies, help in buying a home. Cut the Pentagon budget instead of the things most Americans can use. Most of our military families are having to use food stamps are they moochers too??
Farmgirl

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

OWTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider children that are getting discounted or free school lunches Moochers I don't!! There are some children that the only food they get for the day is just these lunches. I know that PBS could very well support itself I was talking to people that understand the mathematics. I guess the $460,000,000.00 every 6 hours was totally over your head. If you were implying that I am a moocher, I am not; have worked hard my whole life and never been on any type of assistance but feel that the agencies should be there to help people get back on their feet when bad things happen that is no fault of their own. Romney will take away help for a college education, small business assistance, women's health agencies, help in buying a home. Cut the Pentagon budget instead of the things most Americans can use. Most of our military families are having to use food stamps are they moochers too??
I so agree with much of what you have to say. However, many are on a welfare lifestyle that is generational. I've worked, retired and not had assistance either. I'm extremely thankful for that, but is there such a thing in our state as "temporary" assistance? Maybe the system is so eschewed that you have to be totally down and out to qualify, but to accept that as a permanent way of life is beyond my comprehension.
Farmgirl

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

I think a good place to start some cut backs would be the life time salaries of the House and Senate. Many of the jobs that were confined to military are now outsourced to private contractors. Are you aware that we, a nation at war, have many of our military bases employing civilians at the guard house or entry to the base?. I guess I'm old but there was a time when this was done by soldiers. Our soldiers eat meals prepared by civilians. What happened to guard duty or KP duty.I know I'm not a military stratigist, but seems who can take care of the troops better than the troops themselves. Can't put this on Bush either, as this started when Clinton shut down a zillion bases and started the private contracting. Maybe off topic, but the mention of the Pentagon, made me think of the troops and their safety. Always a subject close to my heart.
Blue Meanie

Ansted, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone connected to Obama, I want out of office.
In the know

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

I promise you...you don't pay that high a percentage in lower to middle class income taxes. If you do, you need a new accountant. Yes, we all pay around 20% with each pay, BUT when we file our taxes and put all our exemptions down, we get reimbursed (tax return) for A LOT, so in the end you are NOT paying that high in taxes. You are misinformed or uninformed about Romney....he pays...in the end 14% bc of the massive amount of charity he can deduct. He also has a high percentage of income that is from investments. Investment income is taxed low UNTIL the investments are withdrawn, then are taxed higher. Investments are risky...that is why the low rate until withdrawn. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that all of the 47% are lazy moochers, nor do I believe RR think that. I believe wholeheartedly there is a percentage, small....that has just had a run of bad luck that they can't seem to recover from, but that is a small percentage. When people in front of me FREQUENTLY at WalMart are on their IPhone (which i don't even have) paying with foodstamps, that says a lot about America. As far as the pentagon...well in order to get a true understanding you really have to study what is going on in the world and keep in mind that when peace is threatened anywhere in the world....it will directly and/or indirectly affect us.
OWTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you read the 47% topix that is on this forum and see just how some people are in their 70's and STILL paying their own way. Sick and tired of how some of you act so informed and are still so uninformed. Not everyone that you people are so good at putting down are the so called moochers on the government rolls. Yes everyone needs to contribute towards their own keep but I can't see where I pay 24% of my income to taxes and people like Romney get by with 14% or less. The Pentagon spends 460 million dollars($460,000,000.00) EVERY 6 hours now you do the math. This is due to the un-necessary wars that a Republican President took us into with lies. It doesn't get spent on military salaries because most military families are having to use food stamps to get by. Romney is talking about taking 460 million away from PBS that would fund it for a whole year. He has no intention of cutting any pentagon funding because people like himself are making money as part of the war machine.
OWTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

In the know wrote:
I promise you...you don't pay that high a percentage in lower to middle class income taxes. If you do, you need a new accountant. Yes, we all pay around 20% with each pay, BUT when we file our taxes and put all our exemptions down, we get reimbursed (tax return) for A LOT, so in the end you are NOT paying that high in taxes. You are misinformed or uninformed about Romney....he pays...in the end 14% bc of the massive amount of charity he can deduct. He also has a high percentage of income that is from investments. Investment income is taxed low UNTIL the investments are withdrawn, then are taxed higher. Investments are risky...that is why the low rate until withdrawn. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that all of the 47% are lazy moochers, nor do I believe RR think that. I believe wholeheartedly there is a percentage, small....that has just had a run of bad luck that they can't seem to recover from, but that is a small percentage. When people in front of me FREQUENTLY at WalMart are on their IPhone (which i don't even have) paying with foodstamps, that says a lot about America. As far as the pentagon...well in order to get a true understanding you really have to study what is going on in the world and keep in mind that when peace is threatened anywhere in the world....it will directly and/or indirectly affect us.
<quoted text>
I am single no dependents and have very few deductions and until you start doing my tax returns don't have the arrogance to tell me what I do or don't pay in taxes. Your statements about Romney's ability to avoid taxes is just further proof that this man doesn't know what the middle class has to deal with. He believes what he said about the 47% or he wouldn't have said it in the privacy of his rich backers. The majority of the pentagon budget goes to private corporations owned by Republicans just as Farmer Girl described in her comment. Private hired guards, food suppliers etc. It sure doesn't go to the salaries for our military personnel because thousands of them are using food stamps themselves.
My Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now there would be a lot more peace is this world if a rich Republican president and his war monger buddies had not got America involved in the middle east. America had no business going into those countries and trying to force our beliefs on another religion and government. Those people now consider us the terrorists and for good reason. America has caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people. We don't need to spend billions on making war on foreign countries like they have. We have special teams that should have been sent to get the group of terrorists that attacked us on 911 not go in and destroy the whole countries. Democracy will never work in those countries; those people are of different mind set and were doing fine until Bush started playing at being a soldier. We as Americans should not consider ourselves the policemen of the whole world. Unless we are requested to get involved in a world disturbance then we should mind our own business and take care of our own troubles. It will be decades is ever before things will be back exactly like it was before we stepped in only then these countries will all be run by the Taliban or Al Quiada ; with none of the civil liberties that they had before this all started.
worker

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I cant wait till the election is over.
interesting

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Unless requested....countries beg the US for help and have been since the beginning. The word war monger is so disrespectful. I haven't met a soldier that wasn't proud to be where he was stationed and who didn't agree with his purpose there and you imply that they are looked at by anyone as terrorists is so dishonoring. Very sad comment...very sad. I have a good friend that served two terms in Iraq and the many women and children that came up to him regularly thanking him and begging for help brought him to tears on a daily basis. War is not pretty people. Mistakes are made, but don't dishonor the men and women there by calling it a mistake....even if just to blame Bush. Bush is to blame for everything from the Ice Age to Global Warming. We know...
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now there would be a lot more peace is this world if a rich Republican president and his war monger buddies had not got America involved in the middle east. America had no business going into those countries and trying to force our beliefs on another religion and government. Those people now consider us the terrorists and for good reason. America has caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people. We don't need to spend billions on making war on foreign countries like they have. We have special teams that should have been sent to get the group of terrorists that attacked us on 911 not go in and destroy the whole countries. Democracy will never work in those countries; those people are of different mind set and were doing fine until Bush started playing at being a soldier. We as Americans should not consider ourselves the policemen of the whole world. Unless we are requested to get involved in a world disturbance then we should mind our own business and take care of our own troubles. It will be decades is ever before things will be back exactly like it was before we stepped in only then these countries will all be run by the Taliban or Al Quiada ; with none of the civil liberties that they had before this all started.
Justice 4 all

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I want a change ! Vote republican !

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I am totally with Mitt Romey! He supports more jobs coal and cares about work here in the US not in other countries!!!
What u r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

CountryGirl550 wrote:
I am totally with Mitt Romey! He supports more jobs coal and cares about work here in the US not in other countries!!!
IDIOT!!!!! How many jobs has this man sent to other countries or totally eliminated??? This man thinks you people are so far beneath him that he wouldn't even let you wipe his ass.
My Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

interesting wrote:
Unless requested....countries beg the US for help and have been since the beginning. The word war monger is so disrespectful. I haven't met a soldier that wasn't proud to be where he was stationed and who didn't agree with his purpose there and you imply that they are looked at by anyone as terrorists is so dishonoring. Very sad comment...very sad. I have a good friend that served two terms in Iraq and the many women and children that came up to him regularly thanking him and begging for help brought him to tears on a daily basis. War is not pretty people. Mistakes are made, but don't dishonor the men and women there by calling it a mistake....even if just to blame Bush. Bush is to blame for everything from the Ice Age to Global Warming. We know...
<quoted text>
The word war monger was not referring to our soldiers if you simply take the time or have the intelligence to understand what was said. I have children, brothers and other kin in the military right now, plus I served for 10 years so don't twist my words around. We now have people that is supposed to be working with us over there that are now shooting our soldiers in the backs. Just who is to blame if not Bush for putting our soldiers in jeopardy??? I'm sure they were begging him for help because of the USA their daily lives are destroyed. Of course other countries beg for our help everyone wants US dollars. We go into countries blow them all to hell and then spend billions to rebuild them.
Crook

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

None of them
Farmgirl

Oakvale, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree with your comments. My son is an officer in the US Army and while in Iraq, he and his soldiers have so many stories of children and women asking for their help and thanking them for being there to fight the opression they have on a daily basis. They are proud of what they were able to accomplish, despite the loss of many of their own. The women are raped by the terrorists in front of their husbands and children. Little girls as young as toddlers the same. Then depending on the sheik of the day, Never, ever disrepect our military, despite your political views.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,821 - 8,840 of53,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Craigsville Forum right now

Search the Craigsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Repeat Offenders LOCK em up!! 22 min Arrest them 1
lost german shepherd 48 min lost 1
arrest.ed lmao 1 hr Arrest them 12
Foodland deli! 2 hr Customer Review 5
who is your favorite sneak in the county 13 hr tom sawyer 4
way is a lot of traffic turning in to stone mea... 15 hr Sawyer street 17
mcdonalds 18 hr monster 11
•••
•••