OWTF

United States

#9598 Oct 8, 2012
GhostShaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Right but Romney wants a flat tax across the board, not a fluctuating tax dependent on income level. As far as PBS why should we keep funding it? It has the capacity and capability to make enough money to sustain itself, but no moochers don't want to see that. Moochers are happy as long as they keep getting the free handouts.
Do you consider children that are getting discounted or free school lunches Moochers I don't!! There are some children that the only food they get for the day is just these lunches. I know that PBS could very well support itself I was talking to people that understand the mathematics. I guess the $460,000,000.00 every 6 hours was totally over your head. If you were implying that I am a moocher, I am not; have worked hard my whole life and never been on any type of assistance but feel that the agencies should be there to help people get back on their feet when bad things happen that is no fault of their own. Romney will take away help for a college education, small business assistance, women's health agencies, help in buying a home. Cut the Pentagon budget instead of the things most Americans can use. Most of our military families are having to use food stamps are they moochers too??
Farmgirl

Rupert, WV

#9599 Oct 8, 2012
OWTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider children that are getting discounted or free school lunches Moochers I don't!! There are some children that the only food they get for the day is just these lunches. I know that PBS could very well support itself I was talking to people that understand the mathematics. I guess the $460,000,000.00 every 6 hours was totally over your head. If you were implying that I am a moocher, I am not; have worked hard my whole life and never been on any type of assistance but feel that the agencies should be there to help people get back on their feet when bad things happen that is no fault of their own. Romney will take away help for a college education, small business assistance, women's health agencies, help in buying a home. Cut the Pentagon budget instead of the things most Americans can use. Most of our military families are having to use food stamps are they moochers too??
I so agree with much of what you have to say. However, many are on a welfare lifestyle that is generational. I've worked, retired and not had assistance either. I'm extremely thankful for that, but is there such a thing in our state as "temporary" assistance? Maybe the system is so eschewed that you have to be totally down and out to qualify, but to accept that as a permanent way of life is beyond my comprehension.
Farmgirl

Rupert, WV

#9600 Oct 8, 2012
I think a good place to start some cut backs would be the life time salaries of the House and Senate. Many of the jobs that were confined to military are now outsourced to private contractors. Are you aware that we, a nation at war, have many of our military bases employing civilians at the guard house or entry to the base?. I guess I'm old but there was a time when this was done by soldiers. Our soldiers eat meals prepared by civilians. What happened to guard duty or KP duty.I know I'm not a military stratigist, but seems who can take care of the troops better than the troops themselves. Can't put this on Bush either, as this started when Clinton shut down a zillion bases and started the private contracting. Maybe off topic, but the mention of the Pentagon, made me think of the troops and their safety. Always a subject close to my heart.
Blue Meanie

Hurricane, WV

#9601 Oct 9, 2012
Anyone connected to Obama, I want out of office.
In the know

Clarksburg, WV

#9602 Oct 9, 2012
I promise you...you don't pay that high a percentage in lower to middle class income taxes. If you do, you need a new accountant. Yes, we all pay around 20% with each pay, BUT when we file our taxes and put all our exemptions down, we get reimbursed (tax return) for A LOT, so in the end you are NOT paying that high in taxes. You are misinformed or uninformed about Romney....he pays...in the end 14% bc of the massive amount of charity he can deduct. He also has a high percentage of income that is from investments. Investment income is taxed low UNTIL the investments are withdrawn, then are taxed higher. Investments are risky...that is why the low rate until withdrawn. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that all of the 47% are lazy moochers, nor do I believe RR think that. I believe wholeheartedly there is a percentage, small....that has just had a run of bad luck that they can't seem to recover from, but that is a small percentage. When people in front of me FREQUENTLY at WalMart are on their IPhone (which i don't even have) paying with foodstamps, that says a lot about America. As far as the pentagon...well in order to get a true understanding you really have to study what is going on in the world and keep in mind that when peace is threatened anywhere in the world....it will directly and/or indirectly affect us.
OWTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you read the 47% topix that is on this forum and see just how some people are in their 70's and STILL paying their own way. Sick and tired of how some of you act so informed and are still so uninformed. Not everyone that you people are so good at putting down are the so called moochers on the government rolls. Yes everyone needs to contribute towards their own keep but I can't see where I pay 24% of my income to taxes and people like Romney get by with 14% or less. The Pentagon spends 460 million dollars($460,000,000.00) EVERY 6 hours now you do the math. This is due to the un-necessary wars that a Republican President took us into with lies. It doesn't get spent on military salaries because most military families are having to use food stamps to get by. Romney is talking about taking 460 million away from PBS that would fund it for a whole year. He has no intention of cutting any pentagon funding because people like himself are making money as part of the war machine.
OWTF

United States

#9603 Oct 9, 2012
In the know wrote:
I promise you...you don't pay that high a percentage in lower to middle class income taxes. If you do, you need a new accountant. Yes, we all pay around 20% with each pay, BUT when we file our taxes and put all our exemptions down, we get reimbursed (tax return) for A LOT, so in the end you are NOT paying that high in taxes. You are misinformed or uninformed about Romney....he pays...in the end 14% bc of the massive amount of charity he can deduct. He also has a high percentage of income that is from investments. Investment income is taxed low UNTIL the investments are withdrawn, then are taxed higher. Investments are risky...that is why the low rate until withdrawn. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that all of the 47% are lazy moochers, nor do I believe RR think that. I believe wholeheartedly there is a percentage, small....that has just had a run of bad luck that they can't seem to recover from, but that is a small percentage. When people in front of me FREQUENTLY at WalMart are on their IPhone (which i don't even have) paying with foodstamps, that says a lot about America. As far as the pentagon...well in order to get a true understanding you really have to study what is going on in the world and keep in mind that when peace is threatened anywhere in the world....it will directly and/or indirectly affect us.
<quoted text>
I am single no dependents and have very few deductions and until you start doing my tax returns don't have the arrogance to tell me what I do or don't pay in taxes. Your statements about Romney's ability to avoid taxes is just further proof that this man doesn't know what the middle class has to deal with. He believes what he said about the 47% or he wouldn't have said it in the privacy of his rich backers. The majority of the pentagon budget goes to private corporations owned by Republicans just as Farmer Girl described in her comment. Private hired guards, food suppliers etc. It sure doesn't go to the salaries for our military personnel because thousands of them are using food stamps themselves.
My Opinion

United States

#9604 Oct 10, 2012
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now there would be a lot more peace is this world if a rich Republican president and his war monger buddies had not got America involved in the middle east. America had no business going into those countries and trying to force our beliefs on another religion and government. Those people now consider us the terrorists and for good reason. America has caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people. We don't need to spend billions on making war on foreign countries like they have. We have special teams that should have been sent to get the group of terrorists that attacked us on 911 not go in and destroy the whole countries. Democracy will never work in those countries; those people are of different mind set and were doing fine until Bush started playing at being a soldier. We as Americans should not consider ourselves the policemen of the whole world. Unless we are requested to get involved in a world disturbance then we should mind our own business and take care of our own troubles. It will be decades is ever before things will be back exactly like it was before we stepped in only then these countries will all be run by the Taliban or Al Quiada ; with none of the civil liberties that they had before this all started.
worker

Morgantown, WV

#9605 Oct 10, 2012
I cant wait till the election is over.
interesting

Bridgeport, WV

#9606 Oct 10, 2012
Unless requested....countries beg the US for help and have been since the beginning. The word war monger is so disrespectful. I haven't met a soldier that wasn't proud to be where he was stationed and who didn't agree with his purpose there and you imply that they are looked at by anyone as terrorists is so dishonoring. Very sad comment...very sad. I have a good friend that served two terms in Iraq and the many women and children that came up to him regularly thanking him and begging for help brought him to tears on a daily basis. War is not pretty people. Mistakes are made, but don't dishonor the men and women there by calling it a mistake....even if just to blame Bush. Bush is to blame for everything from the Ice Age to Global Warming. We know...
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now there would be a lot more peace is this world if a rich Republican president and his war monger buddies had not got America involved in the middle east. America had no business going into those countries and trying to force our beliefs on another religion and government. Those people now consider us the terrorists and for good reason. America has caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people. We don't need to spend billions on making war on foreign countries like they have. We have special teams that should have been sent to get the group of terrorists that attacked us on 911 not go in and destroy the whole countries. Democracy will never work in those countries; those people are of different mind set and were doing fine until Bush started playing at being a soldier. We as Americans should not consider ourselves the policemen of the whole world. Unless we are requested to get involved in a world disturbance then we should mind our own business and take care of our own troubles. It will be decades is ever before things will be back exactly like it was before we stepped in only then these countries will all be run by the Taliban or Al Quiada ; with none of the civil liberties that they had before this all started.
Justice 4 all

Buckhannon, WV

#9607 Oct 10, 2012
I want a change ! Vote republican !

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9608 Oct 10, 2012
I am totally with Mitt Romey! He supports more jobs coal and cares about work here in the US not in other countries!!!
What u r

United States

#9609 Oct 10, 2012
CountryGirl550 wrote:
I am totally with Mitt Romey! He supports more jobs coal and cares about work here in the US not in other countries!!!
IDIOT!!!!! How many jobs has this man sent to other countries or totally eliminated??? This man thinks you people are so far beneath him that he wouldn't even let you wipe his ass.
My Opinion

United States

#9610 Oct 10, 2012
interesting wrote:
Unless requested....countries beg the US for help and have been since the beginning. The word war monger is so disrespectful. I haven't met a soldier that wasn't proud to be where he was stationed and who didn't agree with his purpose there and you imply that they are looked at by anyone as terrorists is so dishonoring. Very sad comment...very sad. I have a good friend that served two terms in Iraq and the many women and children that came up to him regularly thanking him and begging for help brought him to tears on a daily basis. War is not pretty people. Mistakes are made, but don't dishonor the men and women there by calling it a mistake....even if just to blame Bush. Bush is to blame for everything from the Ice Age to Global Warming. We know...
<quoted text>
The word war monger was not referring to our soldiers if you simply take the time or have the intelligence to understand what was said. I have children, brothers and other kin in the military right now, plus I served for 10 years so don't twist my words around. We now have people that is supposed to be working with us over there that are now shooting our soldiers in the backs. Just who is to blame if not Bush for putting our soldiers in jeopardy??? I'm sure they were begging him for help because of the USA their daily lives are destroyed. Of course other countries beg for our help everyone wants US dollars. We go into countries blow them all to hell and then spend billions to rebuild them.
Crook

Oklahoma City, OK

#9611 Oct 10, 2012
None of them
Farmgirl

Princeton, WV

#9612 Oct 10, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree with your comments. My son is an officer in the US Army and while in Iraq, he and his soldiers have so many stories of children and women asking for their help and thanking them for being there to fight the opression they have on a daily basis. They are proud of what they were able to accomplish, despite the loss of many of their own. The women are raped by the terrorists in front of their husbands and children. Little girls as young as toddlers the same. Then depending on the sheik of the day, Never, ever disrepect our military, despite your political views.
Farmgirl

Princeton, WV

#9613 Oct 10, 2012
Sorry, depending on the sheik of the day, their fate was determined. The young men either killed or forced into joining the militants. Yes, these people did scream for help. Bush WAS COMMANDER IN CHEIF, Obama took over that task four years ago. What has he changed or improved? How about his promises to already have them out. He was advised by the commanders in theater what was needed. Too little too late.. I can not imagine how anyone bashes Bush when you see how little Obama has done for our military or the entire situation. His only claim to fame is the killing of Bin Laden. The Navy Seals accomplished that, and then the white house allowed leaks that endangered their lives and caused the murder of two. Not even a letter of condolence to the families. He was on the golf course or shooting hoops. I personally know several military families losing sons and daughters and they received a form letter from O for their soldier, Marine, airman or seaman. Bush made lots of mistakes, but somehow found time to write a personal letter to each fallen military person, from the private to the only 1 star general killed in action. There are so many facets to this war, it is beyond my feeble comprehension. I thank God my son made it home safely and my heart aches for the families of those who received a flag draped coffin.
Farmgirl

Princeton, WV

#9614 Oct 10, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The word war monger was not referring to our soldiers if you simply take the time or have the intelligence to understand what was said. I have children, brothers and other kin in the military right now, plus I served for 10 years so don't twist my words around. We now have people that is supposed to be working with us over there that are now shooting our soldiers in the backs. Just who is to blame if not Bush for putting our soldiers in jeopardy??? I'm sure they were begging him for help because of the USA their daily lives are destroyed. Of course other countries beg for our help everyone wants US dollars. We go into countries blow them all to hell and then spend billions to rebuild them.
I agree, we have soldiers being killed right now by the very people they trained. These people have a totally different mindset and I don't think we should impose our values on them. BUT they are the country hiding the terrorists and as in any war, the innocent will suffer. Very selfish of me, but I would rather it be fought on foreign soil than here with my grandchildren, subjecting them to the atrocities imposed on those we are trying to help.
Angel

New York, NY

#9615 Oct 11, 2012
Soldiers are different from the USA foreign policy. They have nothing to do with where why or how the war/occupation is being implemented with that said, America is an evil imperialistic empire. Yeah y'all are going on about how the citizens r thanking our soldiers but howcome the number of men joining Hamas and the Taliban have gone up drastically since the war began? Could it be they're angry about their families being murdered and neighborhoods being destroyed? If course our solidiers wanna come home and tell us all nice stories, but what about the ones they're not telling you? Why is the number one killer of our soldiers suicide? What do they know that we dint? Why has the government reacted so severly towards bradley mannings Wikileaks? The USA needs to leave the middle east alone and let them sort it all out, the place was much better off before we interfered
Birddog

Oak Hill, WV

#9616 Oct 11, 2012
Angel wrote:
Soldiers are different from the USA foreign policy. They have nothing to do with where why or how the war/occupation is being implemented with that said, America is an evil imperialistic empire. Yeah y'all are going on about how the citizens r thanking our soldiers but howcome the number of men joining Hamas and the Taliban have gone up drastically since the war began? Could it be they're angry about their families being murdered and neighborhoods being destroyed? If course our solidiers wanna come home and tell us all nice stories, but what about the ones they're not telling you? Why is the number one killer of our soldiers suicide? What do they know that we dint? Why has the government reacted so severly towards bradley mannings Wikileaks? The USA needs to leave the middle east alone and let them sort it all out, the place was much better off before we interfered
And now comes Romney who has promised that if elected he will send weapons and tax dollars to Syria. Most likely that will be followed by American soldiers too train the Syrians.

It will be a repeat of the Bush/Cheney wars. Of course those who oppose it will be called unpatriotic. And the old men that support it will send the young men to do the fighting and dying.
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#9617 Oct 11, 2012
Birddog wrote:
<quoted text>And now comes Romney who has promised that if elected he will send weapons and tax dollars to Syria. Most likely that will be followed by American soldiers too train the Syrians.
It will be a repeat of the Bush/Cheney wars. Of course those who oppose it will be called unpatriotic. And the old men that support it will send the young men to do the fighting and dying.
Exclusive: Obama authorizes secret U.S. support for Syrian rebels

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/01/us-...

U.S. deploys special forces to Syrian border as civil war threatens to boil over

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/10/u-s-d...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craigsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nathan Bounds 16 min Nathan 10
loria hall 6 hr lmao at her 1
Brittney C and Jordan D (May '10) 6 hr what?? 12
Keri 7 hr wtk 3
sheena j Sat wondering 2
Halloween? Sat my opinion 1
Gauley River Elementary shakeup Fri burnt eyes 9
Craigsville Dating
Find my Match

Craigsville Jobs