Delegate candidates discuss prison overcrowding

Apr 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Inter-Mountain

House of Delegates candidates discussed the problem of prison overcrowding during The Inter-Mountain's candidate forum Thursday evening at Elkins High School.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

Death penalty needs to be put back into full swing ... We've got too many serious criminals walking about freely & destroying good neighborhoods because of prison & court system problems. All we law abiding citizens can do is properly prepare ourselves & by God " stand your ground " take them down before they do you
Billinthehills

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

We also have alot locked up for trivial things like back child support and marijuana possesion. It is a sad system we have when a guy busted with a bag of weed gets more time then a baby raper.....but it happens.
Rollin

Thelma, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

True that both of you. Also prison does not rehabilitate anyone. It's more like getting sent to a really crappy camp. At least tygart valley is anyway.
makin money

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

To decriminalize marijuana would not only help empty prisons out.It would also save millions of dollars!I cant believe they can even discuss this issue when they already know the answer.They are just to block headed to consider this option! You say o my dont free a dope addict.Well let me tell you somthing.You are more of a dope addict taking that garbage prescribed by a doctor.Then using clean healthy medical grade marijuana!I also am referring to people who are non-violent drug offenders.Jail is not the answer.We need to save the money not locking up marijuana offenders.So we can afford to build good rehab facilities for those on addictive prescription drugs!and other addictive drugs.
backpacker

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

That is funny that all is legal ( alcohol,tobacco, prescription drugs) are what's killing our society. Hell more people die from eatinhg aspirin or peanuts then frm pot.

435000 died from tobacco
85000. Died from alcohol
32000. Died from prescription drugs
7200. Died from aspirin
100. Died from peanuts.
0. Died from pot

So explain to me why something so bad as the top 3 are legal????? Yet pot that has been known to CURE cancer and killed nobody is EVIL....... I am waiting

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

Billinthehills wrote:
We also have alot locked up for trivial things like back child support and marijuana possesion. It is a sad system we have when a guy busted with a bag of weed gets more time then a baby raper.....but it happens.
Are you sure you want to say that " BACK CHILD SUPPORT " is TRIVIAL !!!
Doubt it

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

I agree that they should decriminalize marijuana, but I don't think that would help lower the number of prisoners by much. I don't believe that there are a lot of people doing hard time for marijuana. Maybe the occasional fine for possession which can later be ex-sponged from your record. There may be a few in prison for growing large amounts of marijuana.
The tax money from the legal sale of marijuana could help build more prisons and lock down rehab facilities. This is what we need. To trivialize unpaid child support is asinine. If you help bring a child into this world you should help support that child. If you don't you should be punished. I know that there is always the horror story of the father or mother who really gets screwed over but that does not change the fact that the children need to be taken care of.
I think the state should step in and regulate the cost of the regional jails to help with the county jail bills. Central Regional usually houses around 300 inmates at a cost of $48.50 a day. That means they take in $14550 a day. That is not counting the processing fees that collect from inmates when they are booked in or the money they take in from vendors(commisary and phone calls). I am sure it is expensive to operate a jail of this size, but I am sure there are ways to trim the cost to the counties.
Billinthe hills

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you want to say that " BACK CHILD SUPPORT " is TRIVIAL !!!
Yeah I would say that. How is a guy supposed to pay if he is locked up? I totally agree not supporting your children is WRONG but I believe giving him or her 3 hots and a cot is not the solution. Ecspecially when that bed could be better suited for a rapist or child molester..... There are work release programs where they could make money instead of cost money.

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

Billinthe hills wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I would say that. How is a guy supposed to pay if he is locked up? I totally agree not supporting your children is WRONG but I believe giving him or her 3 hots and a cot is not the solution. Ecspecially when that bed could be better suited for a rapist or child molester..... There are work release programs where they could make money instead of cost money.
I personally know 2 dead beat dads that were working & simply refused to pay court ordered child support 1 of them was supporting a drug habit - his sister turned him in the other one was supporting a girlfriend - I turned his ass in & told him so! Both these idiots still in jail! Children & moms are wards of the state. I def. agree that MORE SERIOUS criminals need to be in that space!!!!!
billinthehills

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

I agree that there is no excuse for a deadbeat dad. A REAL MAN supports is kids. I know of a father who pays $800 a month for 2 kids and wife uses money for herself. He only makes $2000 a month. Every time he is late he is drug back to court and loses work. He can barely survive. Should he pay? Sure but there are two sides to every coin. Locking these people doesn't fix the problem.If they are working there are wage ganishment programs that should be in effect. I agree it is a screwed up system.
Prison

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

Prison's are and always has been "Big Buisness". Under the pretense of "We can build our way out of the over crowding mess". Towns and Cities begg for Prisons to be erected in or near their Communities. Its jobs man, the ecomomy booms and the people we put in office steer a prison building program to where it meets their political needs and they all the way to the bank. Also, when the next election rolls around. "Lookie what I helped do for you". Jobs and the economy is growing near your community. Now, I need your vote because I am known to be tough on all crime and I get Prisons built and you get jobs. "We the people" hold the kee to corruption like this. Again, Put the "some beeches outa work and lock em up in the very prisons THEY built.
NETTIE

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

THE FIRING SQUAD. GOOD SOLUTION.

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

NETTIE wrote:
THE FIRING SQUAD. GOOD SOLUTION.
Bet I can come up PLENTY AMMO!!
just some loe slouch

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

I think baby rapists should be killed immediately when found guilty. Drunk driver should have one leg cut off when they get a dui. I do agree all drugs should be legalized. Freedom of choice is what the usa was founded on. If u choose to overdose and die that is YOUR choice. we only have one life to live, there is no reincarnation or any of that b s people talk about, so live your life and do exactly what you want to do. If u dont like what somebody is doing and they arent hurting u then stay the fuck out of their business
just some loe slouch

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

what does an over populated prison have to do with any of us who dont work there or are not incarcerated? Focus on stuff in your life you have control over.
wow

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

just some loe slouch wrote:
I think baby rapists should be killed immediately when found guilty. Drunk driver should have one leg cut off when they get a dui. I do agree all drugs should be legalized. Freedom of choice is what the usa was founded on. If u choose to overdose and die that is YOUR choice. we only have one life to live, there is no reincarnation or any of that b s people talk about, so live your life and do exactly what you want to do. If u dont like what somebody is doing and they arent hurting u then stay the fuck out of their business
One of the most hypocritical and conflicting posts I've ever read.
just some loe slouch

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

ok u have ur opinion. can u post why ur mind moves so slowly? whats ur facts?
just some loe slouch

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

do u see the part where i said if they arent hurting u then stay out of their business??????? well the three things i talked about are in my personal life fuck face so can ur shallow no reading ass tell me where i was a hypocrite and how it conflicted something? oh i hear ya u didnt understand what u were reading huh? man i hate a debate with people who speak b 4 they think>
Tamieka aka The easy one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

I will take all the old fat guys and house them for you. the older the better
uhhh

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

slouch.
America was not founded for the free choice to do drugs, you are a moron, you say make ALL drugs legal what the fuck do you think addicted morons such as yourself will do when they cant afford the LEGAL drugs you speak of.....here is a hint jack ass they rob and murder to get the money..keep popping your pills dumb ass or smoking your pot i can see how far it has taken you in life to this point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Craigsville Forum right now

Search the Craigsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 15 min Mgtn Res 54,381
Callahan Road 9 hr L_Griffith 26
Foodland deli! Wed manager 12
arrest.ed lmao Tue ihear that 15
mcdonalds Jul 29 Greenman13 12
cop car in the ditch Jul 27 morals 7
starving children, food for thought Jul 27 sad 1
•••
•••
•••
Craigsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters