Officers oppose legislation

Officers oppose legislation

There are 2 comments on the Craig Daily Press story from Mar 2, 2006, titled Officers oppose legislation. In it, Craig Daily Press reports that:

Local law enforcement officials say an immigration bill in the Colorado Legislature requiring them to report suspected illegal immigrants to federal authorities isn't the answer to illegal immigration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Craig Daily Press.

Drew

Missoula, MT

#1 Mar 10, 2006
I agree, why bother the law enforcement agencies with enforcing the laws?
After all it's not politically correct to label people in this country illegally as illegal aliens.
If we're not going to enforce any laws, why do we have prisons? DAs are getting very good at plea bargaining 1st degree murder to a misdemeanor.
Brad

Boulder, CO

#2 Mar 16, 2006
Take care of immigration? The Craig Police Department administration cannot get internal enforcement right! A senior officer assaulted one of the patrol officers and neither one were put on suspension. The senior officer was never reprimanded for his violent act. The patrol officer is on workers comp. Now my taxes are going to go up to pay off another law suit. Wish internal affairs reports were public information just to see how much wool it took to blind us all!
So why should our local police concern themselves with immigration, if they did there’s no back-up from the DA. Their to busy with internal cover-ups and the DA is a joke after pleading a (caught red handed) murder down to a misdemeanor, letting meth dealers walk on PR’s and it goes on and on.
Please help us Governor Owens

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craig Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corrupt town Sep '16 makingachange 1
News New Fort Collins staffing firm aims to find job... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ron Knight 1
News Pilot dead in accident near Meeker (Jan '16) Jan '16 Linn Killed Elise 1
News 10 things to do at this year's Colorado State F... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Elise 1
Craig Police (Oct '09) May '15 Allen H 2
Craig pot (Apr '15) Apr '15 Rodney M 1
Craig Colorado meetings 1/30/2014 (Dec '13) Mar '15 moon roper 2

Craig Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Craig Mortgages