Sterling, Colorado

Sterling, Colorado

There are 2 comments on the Journal-Advocate story from Nov 9, 2007, titled Sterling, Colorado. In it, Journal-Advocate reports that:

Ethan Gallagher Meyer, the 34-year-old man at the center of a 2004 officer-involved shooting in Iliff, will go to trial in January knowing his prior attempt at suicide will be presented by the prosecution. via Journal-Advocate

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-Advocate.

Boulder

Belleville, IL

#1 Jan 8, 2008
I feel awful for Ethan. Here's a man that led a tough life from the beginning. He has a heart of gold, just has trouble with alcohol. I never thought this it where he'd end up. I knew Ethan for a couple of years and always enjoyed his company. I knew he had some problems with his former marriage, but really thought he'd overcome it. My prayers for Ethan and his family. I truly don't believe he would ever mean to hurt anyone, but himself (apparently). I think alcohol was the main reason for this incident. I wish I could have been there to calm him down and talk to him.....wasn't always easy, it's not impossible though.
Richard

Pike Ntl Forest, CO

#2 Jan 30, 2008
I have been following the Ethan Meyer case and it sure sounds to me like a bad cop made a bad shoot and is trying to make Ethan take the fall for his stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craig Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartments Apr '17 dixie chics 1
Craig Police (Oct '09) Feb '17 Cop watch 3
Corrupt town (Sep '16) Feb '17 Cop watch 2
News New Fort Collins staffing firm aims to find job... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ron Knight 1
News Pilot dead in accident near Meeker (Jan '16) Jan '16 Linn Killed Elise 1
News 10 things to do at this year's Colorado State F... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Elise 1
Craig pot (Apr '15) Apr '15 Rodney M 1

Craig Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Craig Mortgages