Robert Callen, Craftons Boro Manager

Robert Callen, Craftons Boro Manager

Posted in the Crafton Forum

NO WAY

Leechburg, PA

#1 May 28, 2011
Well it looks like we got a bad boro manager in Crafton. Over the last few months, Eight home owners I know have made comments about how RUDE this man is to the citizens here in Crafton. Not telling home owners or business owners when the water will be shut off for fire line inspections, not telling people when the roads/alleys are to be dug up for repairs, just having them done with out any notice, failing to keep a eye on the PW workers doing a 2 man job,(they took 7 guys to cut down a tree behind the boro building).
Several people have gone to council meetings for info, and he does not even take notes about their problems. The man does not know what is going on. His big thing is to tell everyone HE IS THE MANAGER, yet he has NO CLUE as to what is up. He always trys to say "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT" when he is asked a question. Three local business owners have called him, and he says the same thing to them. This man has no clue.
Happy Steeler Fan

Leechburg, PA

#2 May 28, 2011
No Way, I agree 100 percent with you. A few of my neighbors were just talking about Robert. He is out of control. Maybe he forgot to write a memo. Look at the bright side, Mary will be back soon, and Pat really is holding down the fort. My bet is he will piss off more and more, and council will finally get the hint.
Crafton Senior

Leechburg, PA

#3 May 29, 2011
I must say the times I have spoken to Callen he was out of touch with anything happening here in town. Very bossy acting. I guess he does not know that he works for us citizens of CRAFTON !
CRAFTON WIFE

Leechburg, PA

#4 Jul 5, 2012
My my, it seems our PW supervisor is at it again. Burned a high school summer helper. 3rd degree burns over 48 percent of his body. Gas is NOT to be used as a weed killer Regis. Oh this error on Regis's part is going to cost us citizens dearly. Way to go ..it head. Whats does OSHA and EPA say about it?
Auto Body Man

Leechburg, PA

#5 Jul 5, 2012
That story was running like wild fire down at the park Saturday. I asked a few friends, they said yes its true. Poor young man. Still in the hospital burn unit. Why is that PW employee still working for us? Anyone else would be fired. God bless this young man. I hear his father is a lawyer, maybe he will go after Regis and the boro. There goes repaving my street next year. Thats PW !!
Dont judge

Leechburg, PA

#6 Jul 7, 2012
God how can this be? Why is the Manager and public works supervisor not fired over this? Who in the heck is watching our tax dollars? Council members what is going on?
CIRCLE

Leechburg, PA

#7 Jul 10, 2012
WHY ARE THE 4TH OF JULY ROAD BLOCK FENCES STILL UP? COME ON ROBERT DO YOUR JOB AND GET PUBLIC WORKS TO CLEAN UP THE NO PARKING SIGNS AND WHITE PW FENCES THAT ARE STILL OUT ON THE ROAD WAYS. AGAIN YOUR FAILING THE GOOD CITIZENS OF CRAFTON..
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE

Leechburg, PA

#8 Jul 11, 2012
Soo the part time boro manager, that is in charge of the Public Works dept has problems it seems. Lets see Regis is maybe fired, and the boro is going to get sued. Ricky ran over Bill Finley, and Ricky took the drug test and it come back positive for pot... So why is the Boro Manager still employed. Sounds like its time to clean house. From the top down.
get your story straight

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jul 11, 2012
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE wrote:
Soo the part time boro manager, that is in charge of the Public Works dept has problems it seems. Lets see Regis is maybe fired, and the boro is going to get sued. Ricky ran over Bill Finley, and Ricky took the drug test and it come back positive for pot... So why is the Boro Manager still employed. Sounds like its time to clean house. From the top down.
Bill Finley doesn't even know if he was hit by the truck or if he blacked out from the heat. He told the managers more than two versions of what happened on that day. He was not "run over". He has no idea what happened. If you were run over by one of those trucks you would have more than a twisted ankle and a bruise. So get your story straight. The borough lost one of its best if not its BEST worker because of one idiot who can't get his story straight. In a court of law, this case would be thrown out because your key witness isn't credible with multiple stories. I pity the borough in the winter.
slow but good

Leechburg, PA

#10 Jul 14, 2012
Finley is not the brightest bulb in the box. Hear that the boro is keeping quite on this problem. Thank God someone called channel 11 hotline. Poor young man looks a mess. Maybe others are right, its time the boro lets Robert the so called mgr go. What does he really do but make the citizens mad? Oh well there goes any road improvements for next year.
Never going change

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jul 15, 2012
Some how regis gets a slap on the hand once again for what he did to this kid. Trying to say he didn't follow the directions he gave. Allways someone elese's fault, how many time or strikes does he get? Rick sould of at least been offered a chance to get help first. His wasn"t nearley as bad.smeone said the bomb squad had to get called out to,but crafton don't got no crime..
Confused by Stupidity

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Some of the comments made on here are just plain stupid. Whether or not you find the man rude, how is it the borough manager's fault that the kid got burnt. Yes, it was terrible, but it was an accident. How is it the borough manager's fault that rick's drug test came back positive for pot. I suppose you are expecting the man to be up in his office answering everyone's calls and complaints, be down in the park babysitting public works to make sure everyone is doing their jobs and not getting hurt, be in the circle making sure july 4th road blocks are being removed, and be spying on the outside lives of borough employees to make sure they aren't smoking marijuana on their own time outside of work. That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense. MORONS.
Confused by Stupidity

United States

#13 Jul 27, 2012
And just for the record - rick could not have possibly been under the influence of pot when the truck incident happened, because he was sent off for his test and all that was found was a TRACE. if he had been stoned when the incident happened, there would have been a ton in his system. 30+ years working for crafton and this is how this man is treated. typical i suppose.
Crafton Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Aug 2, 2012
I work in construction and guess what... if there is even a TRACE of ANY drug in my system, I get fired! It wouldn't matter if I was doing it in Amsterdam on a 2 week vacation!

Assuming that it is a condition of employment (which is standard, and it certainly should be for anyone doing potentially dangerous physical labor), yes he should be fired without question!
crafton resident

Leechburg, PA

#16 Aug 8, 2012
Why are our police cars so nice and clean? And the boro red trucks are always so dirty inside and out? Ever see Ingrams or Robinson Pubic Works trucks? They shine. Not dirty old Crafton trucks. It all starts with that part time Manager Robert.
Taneehsa Chantel Jones

United States

#17 Aug 14, 2012
anyone find a weave and a ebt card?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Residents Sound Off About Halfway House (Mar '10) Sun Stop crying 18
Food Stamps (Apr '15) Oct '17 TrumpFansEatDogBones 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) Oct '17 The Don 7,618
Dormont police officer spits in mans face Aug '17 Average Joe 2
Teachers strike Aug '17 Overtaxed 1
News July 04, 2017We're going back to 1984 a " when ... Jul '17 Oscarmadison 6
Boy who got hit by truck today on West Liberty (Apr '17) Apr '17 patty 1

Crafton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crafton Mortgages