People Who Care and City of Polo

People Who Care and City of Polo

Posted in the Cowgill Forum

charlieo

Polo, MO

#1 Jan 12, 2010
Gee I wonder how the same people over and over seem to get the jobs or get appointed to the same things all the time, think it's about time for a city audit, if it isn't a brother, husband or son then it is wife, sister, daughter, doesn't anyone notice this or don't you care? Open your eyes people or the name of the town will soon be changed,a letter has been sent to the mo state auditor maybe they can do something after all they did audit the county.
tjj

De Witt, AR

#2 Feb 1, 2010
any news on the audit. i totally agree sealed bibs and a member of the board gets the job
ima gene nat

Polo, MO

#3 Feb 3, 2010
Just wondering how the community center which was built with grants is now being used for city hall? I thought that with grant money it was to be designated for certain things. We were told as a community that the front of the building was to be used for classrooms and computer labs. Isn't it funny that it is being used for storage of halloween decorations. There is a personal lawn mower being srored in the gym area. I wouldn't mind if I was allowed to store my stuff in there. Maybe that will be brought up at the audit.
charlieo

Polo, MO

#4 Feb 5, 2010
It was built with grants and the city also received a 10k tax break on the building, there is also the material for a 2nd shelter house not to mention steel material for bleacher seats that seems to have disappeared over the years. It seems when certain people waited for the park to be almost finished, at least all the hard part, those people jumped in to get the glory, but where were they when the real work was being done with no pay but a lot of sweat and time.Those same people pretty much run the city now, well they can sure have it, used to be nice little town. Someone should look into fact that there was a guy who coached out there a couple of years ago who was caught peeping at women in the bathroom of the snackshack from above and the person who was in charge decided instead of calling the police she would handle it and just banish him from the park, if I had little girls up there I don't think I would have agreed with that.
tyu

De Witt, AR

#5 May 26, 2010
i wonder if the city will have their lawyer at the next meeting or do they think if they dont answers any thing this will just blow over and the city council will get out of this.i still do not under stand how you can take sealed bids not accept any of them and retake sealed bids and a city council member get the contract sounds fishy to me and how does he get paid weekly when the council has to approve who they get paid i thought they only had meetings once a month to approve payments. why would you not have your lawyer there when they knew the questions the citizns were going to ask instead the just say our lawyer told us not to answer that and i am sure the next meeting will go the same way they know they did wrong thats why they will not answer the questions i would go ahead and give him more work
Concerned Citizen

Polo, MO

#6 Sep 8, 2017
charlieo wrote:
Gee I wonder how the same people over and over seem to get the jobs or get appointed to the same things all the time, think it's about time for a city audit, if it isn't a brother, husband or son then it is wife, sister, daughter, doesn't anyone notice this or don't you care? Open your eyes people or the name of the town will soon be changed,a letter has been sent to the mo state auditor maybe they can do something after all they did audit the county.
Previous administration was getting away from this kind of bs. Due to choosing NOT to lead a negative campaign, and after being subjected to small town rumors and what I would consider defamation of character, the previous mayor lost the election. NOW, all employees who didn't have the correct last name have been terminated, and replaced by those who DO have the right name. PATHETIC! If only the citizens knew what they were getting themselves into...

Since: Sep 17

Polo, MO

#7 Sep 8, 2017
It is so nice to see someone at an adult level, comment on the reality of how incredibly poor our city is being run, and most people are now seeing this but don't understand or know why when it was running so smooth in the prior administration. The employee to board relations were very good which is how you get things done as a team. What the current leader has not been able to understand is that it takes a team, it takes good character, competence, and the ability to know when something is running smooth that you should let it run and address things that aren't. And the biggest key to success is the ability to communicate like an adult, if you see an issue or have a question you should go right to the closest related source and ask questions, seems logical to most. But our self absorbed leader has proven long before her assignment to her throne of fame with her HAND selected and self appointed click for board members, that she measures people up on a scale of worthiness as to whether they are good enough for her to speak to. Yes the childish silent treatment is her method and if that means not getting the correct answer then she will just make up her own story that suits her and usually degrading someone else unjustly. Great example happened on election day when she didn't like where a man parked his truck while she was slandering the previous mayor outside of the election hall and immediately jumped on her childish social internet gossip column and slandered the people of Polo and the man in the truck who was totally unrelated to either of the candidates. Great character, and didn't even have the coconuts to apologize to the Mayor, and she got elected, wow. She has run off the accountant, I heard she disposed of the entire accounting system, just hear say, but she would lie about it anyway, she determined we no longer need to maintain the best city streets around the area and fired that guy, decided the city no longer needed improvements or repairs, or weeds maintained and fired that guy, she decided the park no longer needed maintained and fired that guy, just look at the play ground, what a shame, and fired the park mowing guy and just look at all the weeds and dead brown grass from chemical spray around everything. She has already started saying the previous Mayor miss managed and left everything in horrible shape and wasted huge amounts of money and boasted herself as the one who has cleaned up the mess. She has destroyed absolutely everything the old Mayor achieved, fired anyone he brought on board, for absolutely no reason, neglecting employee policy, cold blooded. She has given city equipment away, our boom truck that needed repaired to a person of her choosing so he could profit from scraping it, the accounting software cost $7000 she may have trashed, our $14,000 mower sits idle, and now wants to pay a zoning officer, real smart. You would think she would know something about the city from time served, must not have listened to anything during that time! Too self center, egotistical, maniacal, and plain ignorant to think anyone else might know anything, preventing the ability to ask for help, she lies, cheats and manipulates everyone, even her own selected board in an effort to make herself look important or intelligent, but reality she makes herself look like a stupid adolescent. And the lies and slander she used as a campaign against the incumbent Mayor were so ridiculous and unjustified, and when that guy asked me to vote for him with actual city topics and ended with no matter who you vote for just come out and vote and if she wins she will make a fine Mayor for the city. He actually spoke positive of her to the public, I couldn't of done that, with her poor morals and character. Hope the city is prepared for our pedestal riding glory queen to tear it all down and rebuild it in the name of her majesty while blaming him with more lies. We are a sad group for electing her.
Move_on-org

Polo, MO

#8 Sep 11, 2017
Sounds like someone still has a sore AH! Lol
VERY sick of the BS

Polo, MO

#9 Sep 19, 2017
No, someone is tired of the LIES being spread by "city officials"
VERY sick of the BS

Polo, MO

#10 Oct 13, 2017
Move_on-org wrote:
Sounds like someone still has a sore AH! Lol
No, We Are Tired Of The Lies And The New Dictator Of Polo!!!
Charlieo

Polo, MO

#11 Oct 31, 2017
First of all I want to say Polo has really come together for 2 of there own with health issues, 1 a innocent child and her mother, the other a well known and loved young wife and mother, then we have the death of a local man, last week, I understand he was well known and cared about by a lot of people, but to cancel basketball games because 2 of his kids played on the team, and there were other kids who could have filled in for them, I also understand using the school gym for visitation and funeral, but did school have to be let out early? Why not have it on Saturday or Sunday, he was an ok guy but not a public figure, I'm sure his wife pushed everyone until she made it happen as usual, it is fine when she runs people down she really knows nothing about, all I can say, she runs Polo more than most people are aware of, but as they say KARMA is a bitch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cowgill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any input on polo area? (Jun '12) Nov 21 Barry Windham 3
Hide away lake (Mar '14) Nov 16 Ronnie Turner 12
Sandra Brower (Dec '17) Oct '18 Wilfred Brimley 2
Pictures of Ludlow, mo in early 1950 to 1960 (Apr '18) Apr '18 Mittens2 1
Ben Findlay Sprouse (Apr '18) Apr '18 Mittens2 1
News Jessulyn Lorena Williams (Feb '18) Feb '18 LilMissQueenOfHearts 1
News Future of Stet R-XV School uncertain (Oct '09) Apr '12 Ashley 54

Cowgill Jobs

Personal Finance

Cowgill Mortgages