First Prev
of 2
Next Last
meatwad

Walker, WV

#1 Jan 6, 2013
whats the nastiest bar youve ever been in webster co.in the early 80s?and did there used to be one bolair near a trailer park?
hey
#2 Jan 7, 2013
who cares? it was in the eighties.
hey meat

Sumerco, WV

#3 Jan 7, 2013
You remember the U-TURN that burned down and I think it was rebuilt? On your way in to Webster.

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 7, 2013
meatwad wrote:
whats the nastiest bar youve ever been in webster co.in the early 80s?and did there used to be one bolair near a trailer park?
Yep, there was one there .. Bad ass place!
yep

Walker, WV

#5 Jan 9, 2013
use to be very young strippers and worse in there
LEG O LAMB

Princeton, WV

#6 Jan 9, 2013
There were several beer joints in Bolair back in the day.One was near the Pleasant Ridge turnoff,one was the building across from the Kingdom Hall driveway,and there was one where Midway Heating is.Plus,if one wanted a bootleg bottle of whiskey or a quart of shine,it was readily available at Monk Millers old gas station.Bolair was actually once named Midway,for obvious reasons.Halfway twixt Cowen and Webster Spr.Not sure when/why it was changed to Bolair.

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 9, 2013
hey meat wrote:
You remember the U-TURN that burned down and I think it was rebuilt? On your way in to Webster.
Was in that place one nite back in the 70s when a damn car run thru it ...
yep

Walker, WV

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Was in that place one nite back in the 70s when a damn car run thru it ...
cars will do that lol
I am old

Sumerco, WV

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Once was a place just past Price Run Rd.on the right going toward Camp Caesar.When we went in they were washing blood off the floor from the night before.Hey that rhymes!
mousee

Summersville, WV

#10 Feb 11, 2013
does anyone remember what day,week or month all the roberies was taking place on Gauley river,Paynesville rd and Kingfisher rd, all in BOLAIR.? I wanted to read about it but i dont know how to find it, can anyone help me out?
mousee

Summersville, WV

#11 Feb 12, 2013
how do you find something on here that is about 2 months or more old ? i'm just learning
mousee

Summersville, WV

#12 Feb 12, 2013
hey-I am old--i'm getting old also, the beer joint at price run road was the midway inn, it burned back in the 70'not saying no names, it was a stabbing on man sliced another's mans belly open, i remember all them beer joints, i did
nt go there but i lived in bolair.
WEBSTER

Lerona, WV

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Yea Delmas Short almost killed Robert Crites that night!
Wow

Bluefield, WV

#14 Feb 12, 2013
WEBSTER wrote:
Yea Delmas Short almost killed Robert Crites that night!
thought that was at the Old Shady Rest as you turn up Williams
moonpoop

Princeton, WV

#15 Feb 13, 2013
I always heard that a Isabell man stabbed another man to death back in the fifties.It took place at the joint across from where you turn in to the Jehovah Witness place.
mousee

Summersville, WV

#16 Feb 13, 2013
CHESNUT TAVERN WAS ACROSS THE ROAD FROM KINGDOM HALL,MARIE WILSON AND FORD HAD IT OPEN, A ALSHIRE GIRL WAS KILLED THERE.THAT WAS BACK IN THE 70s I THINK. THERE WAS ANOTHER JOINT UP THE ROAD A WAYS, RONNIE AND RUBY COGAR RAN IT.RONNIE GOT KILLED OUT WEST, RUBY DIED HERE SOMEWHERE.
Bar Hopper

Mill Creek, WV

#17 Feb 21, 2013
There was Ford & Marie's place, the Hut, the Midway Inn, the U-Turn bar, ect.
I am old

Sumerco, WV

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Remember a place called the Silver Saddle?Not the one in Summersville.
mousee

Summersville, WV

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Chesnut Tavern was where the antique store was ,in Bolair think it is a rental now, it was FORD & Marie' Bar when it closed and has never been a bar since that time. SILVER SATTLE BAR, was at Cherryfalls as you leave Webster Springs on Rt 15 toward Elkins Wv.it was located along the main Rd, on the left.
juan ponce de leon

Sumerco, WV

#20 Mar 21, 2013
What about Dale&Oples was that in Cottle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riffle 5 hr Mentalone 15
I ain't saying she's a gold digger 5 hr Envy 8
To the people of Richwood 5 hr Marfrance 15
Ladies 7 hr Looking for fun 34
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Alex Kissinger 3,992
Ashley Greathouse (Jul '10) 7 hr Stupid 24
I ain't sayin she's a gold digger 8 hr Envy 15

Cowen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance