Delbert Ratliff/ File Bankruptcy, owe...
Makes me Sick

Lerona, WV

#21 Oct 13, 2010
what alie wrote:
<quoted text>i dont belive this he has done work for us and has did a GREAT JOB'and the people that told us about him said he did agreat great job for them,and we have heard a lot of good thing's about him.
Then obviously, you haven't been hearing from the right folks--or truthful folks.
Makes me Sick

Lerona, WV

#22 Oct 13, 2010
what alie wrote:
<quoted text>stop here i no the both of them so what ever delbert does debbie IS NOT IN IT WITH HIM !!!!!! i no her very very well;
Then you know she likes to show off her thong, don't you?
1 of his clients

Snowshoe, WV

#23 Oct 14, 2010
what alie wrote:
<quoted text>stop here i no the both of them so what ever delbert does debbie IS NOT IN IT WITH HIM !!!!!! i no her very very well;
I have nothing agains Debbie, and don't know her. The only thing i do know , when you check records at the court house all of the property, and vechiles are in her name.
1 of his clients

Rupert, WV

#24 Oct 14, 2010
If you type in Delbert's name and check on the bankruptcy records, you will all SO find David and Brenda Morris's name, Is he still working for the town of Richwood? Joe Junior Garvin, does he still drive the school bus? Is David Morris still thinking about running for Sheriff? Is all these people our LAW bidding citizens? Delbert has cheated alot of people in the U.S., how can he lay his head down to sleep at night. God knows what he does, and he don't like the way he does people, he will get his punishment when he dies.
been there

Lerona, WV

#25 Oct 14, 2010
he'd straighted up after his daughter was killed, at least for a while. then right back to the way he was before. he cheated a church, fire department, stole from jc hammer co. mike woods, the guys that used to work for him. not to mention the countless people in webster & nichols counties that he had worked for. he also couldn't stand for other contractors to be working. bet he tries to sing like a cannary trying to save his a$$. bet no one buys any of his lies anymore.
1 of his clients

Snowshoe, WV

#26 Oct 14, 2010
1 of his clients wrote:
If you type in Delbert's name and check on the bankruptcy records, you will all SO find David and Brenda Morris's name, Is he still working for the town of Richwood? Joe Junior Garvin, does he still drive the school bus? Is David Morris still thinking about running for Sheriff? Is all these people our LAW bidding citizens? Delbert has cheated alot of people in the U.S., how can he lay his head down to sleep at night. God knows what he does, and he don't like the way he does people, he will get his punishment when he dies.
Is the Morris, the one that owns Morris Funeral Home, if so he and Delbert are good friend. I talked to him also, he was one of delbert's reference's
not the same

United States

#27 Oct 14, 2010
No, Not the same Morris, Mike and Diane own the funeral home. David and Brenda use to have the restaurant on the hill in Cowen.
1 of his clients wrote:
<quoted text> Is the Morris, the one that owns Morris Funeral Home, if so he and Delbert are good friend. I talked to him also, he was one of delbert's reference's
HaHa

Rupert, WV

#28 Oct 14, 2010
not the same wrote:
No, Not the same Morris, Mike and Diane own the funeral home. David and Brenda use to have the restaurant on the hill in Cowen.
<quoted text>
Isn't Mike's wife's name Betsy??????????
Not

Smoot, WV

#29 Oct 15, 2010
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Mike's wife's name Betsy??????????
No, that would be John that is married to Ms. Betsy.
what alie

Daniels, WV

#30 Oct 15, 2010
Makes me Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. You don't kbow how to spell "know." No wonder you've been sucked in by them. Delbert will go to trial for stealing church/insurance money.
UR THE IDIOT" YOU DONT NO HOW TO SPELL {KNOW}AND YES I DO KNOW HOW TO SPELL [NO]AND [KNOW]YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TEXTING!!!!!!!!!
well

Athens, WV

#31 Oct 15, 2010
I heard he was going to get on welfare and get foodstamps.
Makes me Sick

Rupert, WV

#32 Oct 16, 2010
what alie wrote:
<quoted text>UR THE IDIOT" YOU DONT NO HOW TO SPELL {KNOW}AND YES I DO KNOW HOW TO SPELL [NO]AND [KNOW]YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TEXTING!!!!!!!!!
I know how to spell and I know correct usage. Using "no" for "know" as you did is simply ignorant. Have you ever hit two keys when typing on a small keyboard and the wrong key registered? Well, that's why a "b" shows up where there should have been an "n," if you haven't noticed, they are side-by-side on a keyboard.

Back to the subject at hand. I hope Delbert does some time for his many rip-offs. Frankly, Debbie should be right there with him for hiding assets by putting them in her name.
1 of his clients

Snowshoe, WV

#33 Oct 16, 2010
Makes me Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to spell and I know correct usage. Using "no" for "know" as you did is simply ignorant. Have you ever hit two keys when typing on a small keyboard and the wrong key registered? Well, that's why a "b" shows up where there should have been an "n," if you haven't noticed, they are side-by-side on a keyboard.
Back to the subject at hand. I hope Delbert does some time for his many rip-offs. Frankly, Debbie should be right there with him for hiding assets by putting them in her name.
I would like to be at the hearing. Is there anyway to find out when it will be?
The Truth

Rupert, WV

#34 Oct 18, 2010
I have debated for several days about doing this, but I guess its time someone who knows the facts first hand should step up and state those facts. The horrible things that someone who definately does not know the facts have been saying about Delbert and Debbie are an absolute lie as far as things involving the Cowen First Baptist Church go. I do not know anything much at all about their lives elsewhere, but I do know about them and the church. I was a member of the Cowen Baptist Church when Delbert and Debbie first come to our church in 2002, the same year Delbert lost his daughter in an accident at the hands of a drunk driver! I honestly didnt then and I don't know how anyone could cope with such a thing except with gods grace and love! Actually I guess I am still a member of that church since I did'nt officially resign, but I did leave there a few months ago, amid a lot of turmoil I am sad to say! When Delbert and Debbie came to our church it was like a breathe of fresh air! They attended as I did on a regular basis and both become active in the church! Debbie never attended church dressed inappropriately and I always knew her to be a very cheerful and friendly person! The person or persons who said otherwise does not know what they are talking about! I was there and I know the truth so I will state some facts: The Insurance money in question does not involve the church itself, but the youth and adult building near by the church known as the Edge. When we as a church decided to try and buy the building to be used in many different ways, but mnainly as a retreat for the youth in the area the Owners Dr. and Judy Mace wanted $34,000.00 for it. Delbert, knowing Judy Mace rather well went to her and negotiated the cost down to $17,000.00. The church obtained a five year loan from the bank, bought the building and thanks largely to Delberts help money wise, paid the building off in two years. The building was in bad shape on the inside so Delbert used his own money and his own crews and along with Brian Angus another church members extremely hard work began the task of repairing the building. Delbert doing so in honor of his daughter Kisten! I honestly don't know how much money Delbert spent out of his own pocket to repair the building but after having done alot of repairs to my own house it had to be way up there in the thousands. I know Delbert sponsored a radio show in honor of his daughter at the church which also had to cost alot: I filled in for our regular church offering persons on several occasions and I know it would always knock my eyes out to see the size of the checks he would put in the plates! So to put the truth as simple as I know how Delbert and Debbie did nothing but good for the church at cowen, WV. Get your facts before you criticize people in the future and may god bless your ignorance.
WHAT

Athens, WV

#35 Oct 18, 2010
Then why was delbert ratliff in the webster echo as being arrested and the case going to grand jury for stealing money from a church and an insurance company? Go to the court house and look it up.
Makes me Sick

Athens, WV

#36 Oct 18, 2010
The Truth wrote:
I have debated for several days about doing this, but I guess its time someone who knows the facts first hand should step up and state those facts. The horrible things that someone who definately does not know the facts have been saying about Delbert and Debbie are an absolute lie as far as things involving the Cowen First Baptist Church go. I do not know anything much at all about their lives elsewhere, but I do know about them and the church. I was a member of the Cowen Baptist Church when Delbert and Debbie first come to our church in 2002, the same year Delbert lost his daughter in an accident at the hands of a drunk driver! I honestly didnt then and I don't know how anyone could cope with such a thing except with gods grace and love! Actually I guess I am still a member of that church since I did'nt officially resign, but I did leave there a few months ago, amid a lot of turmoil I am sad to say! When Delbert and Debbie came to our church it was like a breathe of fresh air! They attended as I did on a regular basis and both become active in the church! Debbie never attended church dressed inappropriately and I always knew her to be a very cheerful and friendly person! The person or persons who said otherwise does not know what they are talking about! I was there and I know the truth so I will state some facts: The Insurance money in question does not involve the church itself, but the youth and adult building near by the church known as the Edge. When we as a church decided to try and buy the building to be used in many different ways, but mnainly as a retreat for the youth in the area the Owners Dr. and Judy Mace wanted $34,000.00 for it. Delbert, knowing Judy Mace rather well went to her and negotiated the cost down to $17,000.00. The church obtained a five year loan from the bank, bought the building and thanks largely to Delberts help money wise, paid the building off in two years. The building was in bad shape on the inside so Delbert used his own money and his own crews and along with Brian Angus another church members extremely hard work began the task of repairing the building. Delbert doing so in honor of his daughter Kisten! I honestly don't know how much money Delbert spent out of his own pocket to repair the building but after having done alot of repairs to my own house it had to be way up there in the thousands. I know Delbert sponsored a radio show in honor of his daughter at the church which also had to cost alot: I filled in for our regular church offering persons on several occasions and I know it would always knock my eyes out to see the size of the checks he would put in the plates! So to put the truth as simple as I know how Delbert and Debbie did nothing but good for the church at cowen, WV. Get your facts before you criticize people in the future and may god bless your ignorance.
Frankly, you don't have the facts correct.

I was there. Debbie wore her thong, her toe rings, and her see-through peach pants attempting to draw attention to herself--quite inappropriate in a church setting.

Delbert and Debbie are not married, but you touched on the REAL PROBLEM, BECAUSE THEY HAD MONEY, YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE GREAT. WHAT A HYPOCRITE. NO WONDER THE "CHURCH" IS IN THE CONDITION IT IS IN TODAY.

What, were you guys selling "indulgences"? If you don;'t know that reference--look it up--it started the Reformation.

If you didn't notice the way Debbie dressed, you're blind!
Makes me Sick

Athens, WV

#37 Oct 18, 2010
And yes, Delbert is going to court over the theft of the money from the church/insurance company.

You are splitting hairs to say there is a difference between the church and "the Edge." The building is owned by the church--so it was the church and/or the church's insurance company that was ripped off.

Funny, how blind imbeciles can be when money is involved.
tiff

Oakvale, WV

#38 Oct 18, 2010
she was also drinking and choose to get in the car.She partyed & many time would drive seen it myself.We all have.she was a great person and I miss her to.But hate when everyone blames him.That is good that he helped out with the church he didnt pay for that stuff at that time he was getting things from mikes and not paying for them.So I guess if I steal from someone and give it to the church it is ok. NOT. I agree that to live right you are not to live together.Dont matter how much you do or give to a church it not going to get you to heaven.
The Truth wrote:
1 of his clients

Snowshoe, WV

#39 Oct 18, 2010
Well ,today I recevied my notice in the mail, from the bankrupcy court. Although I have a judgement against Delbert in a court of law, this will allow him to get away scott free of all of his debts. I could understand if it had been for illness, that he had filed, but it was not, It was because of his greed and maybe trying to buy his way into heaven when paying out such large amounts of his own money into the church. As all good christan's say, he will meet his maker on judgement day and then and only then will Delbert get his just due's.
He said I fired him. But, the truth is ,Delbert wouldn't come finish covering the part of my roof that was damaged on xmas day 2009. It was leaking and doing more damage to the interior of my home. He always had a good excuse , when I did speak with him and not his answering machine. With my health challenges, with my lungs, and knowing mold was growing in my home. I had to hire other carpenter's to come in and do the work ASAP.
As far as Debbie, I have never met the lady. All I do know and stated, the court documents say the home and vehicles they live in and drive, belongs to her.
Makes me Sick

Athens, WV

#40 Oct 18, 2010
tiff wrote:
she was also drinking and choose to get in the car.She partyed & many time would drive seen it myself.We all have.she was a great person and I miss her to.But hate when everyone blames him.That is good that he helped out with the church he didnt pay for that stuff at that time he was getting things from mikes and not paying for them.So I guess if I steal from someone and give it to the church it is ok. NOT. I agree that to live right you are not to live together.Dont matter how much you do or give to a church it not going to get you to heaven.<quoted text>
AMEN "tiff," you said it.

One cannot buy their way into heaven. Ironically the pastor and leadership of that church let it go on. They even made one businessman a trustee before he was a member or even baptized. It shows where their priorities really were--and why the church never prospered. It was so very far from the will of God, steeped in the arrogance, pride and greed of man.

Any pastor that does not shepherd the flock by confronting the open sin in the lives of the flock IS NO PASTOR, he is nothing but a charlatan--greedy for the money.

Sounds like "the truth" may be the former "pastor" there. Well whoever the truth is--YOUR POST IS ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

How dare you even use the word "truth." Apparently truth is a foreign concept to you.

How dare you defend their living in open adultery (or fornication)? I don't know the precise details.

ALL THAT MATTERED TO YOU WAS THE MONEY YOU SAW IN THE OFFERING PLATE.

YOU MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE.

"The truth," you have some repenting to do, and apparently so does Delbert and Debbie.

However, I want to see him get from the law what he has coming to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 31 min The Last warrior ... 1,473
Ashley 14 hr Shocked 6
Meleah Harless, Hannah, Burkholder, Armentrout,... 16 hr CrayCray 4
richwooders taking to much 18 hr Cheap 17
oakford diner 18 hr Cheap 16
Jenny Cool 20 hr whosyodaddy 82
Break up Tue Bozo 7

Cowen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance