Cowen little league
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Parent

Reston, VA

#1 May 4, 2011
I'm shocked how the parents of Cowen act during a T-ball game and major league games. You all need to grow up and let the kids have fun. Grow up it's just a game. I know of a few parents that should feel lucky that they dont get smacked. This kids are 5-11 year olds. We wonder why kids act the way they do these days!! Take a good look at the PARENTS!!!!
Wondering

Jersey City, NJ

#2 May 5, 2011
Have you been to one of our minor league games? I don't think we've played a game without some kind of trouble.
Reaper

Federal Way, WA

#3 May 5, 2011
get over it ! we teach to win. Winning is not everything, it's the only thing. Maybe if you had a little competetive spirit you'd get off your dead azz.
winners

Princeton, WV

#4 May 5, 2011
And why is it allkids play? Some just arent good and need cut, they need to learn everything is just not handed to them.
Parent

New York, NY

#5 May 5, 2011
Reaper wrote:
get over it ! we teach to win. Winning is not everything, it's the only thing. Maybe if you had a little competetive spirit you'd get off your dead azz.
I'm sorry but winning is not everything. I sure hope your not a coach!!! Kids need to learn the sport along with respect for others and good sportsmanship!!! The thing is you have parents who want to argue with the umpire and the other teams coaches over stuff! I think the only game we have one was against the other Cowen team. That should tell you something.
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#6 May 5, 2011
every kid has the right to play no matter win or loose the kids are their to have fun if they win ok if not then better luck next game its the majors its just kids not adults
winners wrote:
And why is it allkids play? Some just arent good and need cut, they need to learn everything is just not handed to them.
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#7 May 5, 2011
Parent wrote:
I'm shocked how the parents of Cowen act during a T-ball game and major league games. You all need to grow up and let the kids have fun. Grow up it's just a game. I know of a few parents that should feel lucky that they dont get smacked. This kids are 5-11 year olds. We wonder why kids act the way they do these days!! Take a good look at the PARENTS!!!!
Like who Any names
winners

Princeton, WV

#8 May 5, 2011
I agree on the kids need to have fun, and the ones who know how to play do have fun, W or L. But when you have kids that could care less if the are participating and the parent(s) use this as a babysitter, it sure gets aggrivating for the other parents to deal with it!
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#9 May 5, 2011
well some kids are slower than others it like every other thing in life it takes time and you all dont stop and think they only play 2 1/2 months not all year around so its takes a little time to get back into the hang of things i can see if they play baseball 24/7 all year long the team's are doin better then their first game and gettin better every game and stuff.
sniffle sniffle

Summersville, WV

#10 May 5, 2011
If winning doesn't matter, then why do they keep score! That's whats wrong with society now. Kids are taught not to worry about reaching goals for themselves, wait someone will reach them for you and hand them to you on a silver platter! BS!! Play to win or don't play at all.
sniffle sniffle

Summersville, WV

#11 May 5, 2011
sniffle sniffle wrote:
If winning doesn't matter, then why do they keep score! That's whats wrong with society now. Kids are taught not to worry about reaching goals for themselves, wait someone will reach them for you and hand them to you on a silver platter! BS!! Play to win or don't play at all.
Just to follow up on my own comment: I have coached and was very successful buy with so many people waiting on their handouts i have to work 72 hours a week. I understand that some kids are not as gifted but when the try hard and play hard to win the have growing up to become winners in life. The ones whose parents couldn't leave the nipple out of their kids mouth long enough are still breast feeding them in their twenties!
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#12 May 5, 2011
well just cause a some kids aint gifted like other does not mean that they cant play every kid has a right to play it dont matter if it's a girl or boy they all have the right toy PLAY.
Reaper

Federal Way, WA

#13 May 6, 2011
survival of the fittest and the best is how it is and always will be. i guess the "parent" is one that was either a geek and/or didn't have an athletic bone in their body. Probably got picked on as a kid. Kids need to be taught that waiting for a hand-out is not how to go through life. get off your butt and earn something. if you're not good at one thing, try another. don't hold others back because of only being there "to have fun". That's B.S. Just being there is not a goal.
peeper

Federal Way, WA

#14 May 6, 2011
Reaper wrote:
Reaper you seem to know little about sports. We just want our kids to get some exercise. Winning is not everything. Getting our monthly checks is much more important!!!
morning glory 26206

Oakvale, WV

#15 May 6, 2011
wvhillbilly wrote:
well some kids are slower than others it like every other thing in life it takes time and you all dont stop and think they only play 2 1/2 months not all year around so its takes a little time to get back into the hang of things i can see if they play baseball 24/7 all year long the team's are doin better then their first game and gettin better every game and stuff.
I agree. T-ball kids only get to play 1 hour if I heard right unless
there's no other game after them.
rick

Jersey City, NJ

#16 May 6, 2011
I coached base ball softball and basket ball i taught my teams to win and lose in 15 years of coaching only a few problems arose 2 in baseball 1 in softballll and 1 in basket ball all kids pkayed all kids won and all kids lost we took it as came but we always came out winners may have lost the game frim time to time but always come out winners win or lose you haft to learn to lose as well as win kids and PARENTS
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#17 May 6, 2011
rick wrote:
I coached base ball softball and basket ball i taught my teams to win and lose in 15 years of coaching only a few problems arose 2 in baseball 1 in softballll and 1 in basket ball all kids pkayed all kids won and all kids lost we took it as came but we always came out winners may have lost the game frim time to time but always come out winners win or lose you haft to learn to lose as well as win kids and PARENTS
I agree its not about winning or loosing its how you play the game and have fun.
Reaper

Federal Way, WA

#18 May 9, 2011
second place is the best LOSER
wvhillbilly

Bluefield, WV

#19 May 9, 2011
have you every played at all win or loose it's how you play the game and have fun and not not Adult MLB its only kids.
Reaper

Federal Way, WA

#20 May 10, 2011
wvhillbilly wrote:
have you every played at all win or loose it's how you play the game and have fun and not not Adult MLB its only kids.
go ahead and teach your kids to be losers. That's what this world needs, more tree hugging, pantywaisted sissy boys. you should join the Army and volunteer to attract enemy fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Cox 6 hr Meep 34
Dk 7 hr Unknown 1
bed bugs 9 hr riverbendfalls 1
Dear ABC committee 17 hr Epic fail 25
Whats the Story on Jerry Hamrick fired? 17 hr Key Puncher 3
I feel so sorry for her!! May 19 Noneyabuisness84 1
Michael Dale & Felicia May 18 Crazy 1

Cowen Jobs

Personal Finance

Cowen Mortgages