missing my friend
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JABS

Ann Arbor, MI

#1 Sep 22, 2010
ITS HARD TO BELIVE THAT ITS BEEN 14 YEARS SINCE JENNIFER SELMAN WAS TAKEN FROM US.I HAVE REALLY BEEN THINKING ALOT ABOUT HER AND ALL THE SILLINESS WE GOT INTO FROM GRADE SCHOOL UNTIL THE DAY SHE WENT TO HEAVEN.ALTHOUGH I MAY LAUGH ALOT I STILL CRY FOR HER.I TRULY MISS HER TO THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL.I WISH SHE WAS STILL WITH US BUT SHE WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS AND MEMORIES.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE ALSO WITH HER FAMILY DURNING THIS TIME,BECAUSE LORD KNOWS AS A FRIEND I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME SO AS FAMILY I WOULDN'T WANT TO WALK IN THEIR SHOES.SO LETS ALL KEEP THEM IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS THE 14th YEAR APPROACHES.

LOVE AND MISS YOU JENN,YOUR FRIEND
JABS
sadd

Charleston, WV

#2 Sep 22, 2010
JABS wrote:
ITS HARD TO BELIVE THAT ITS BEEN 14 YEARS SINCE JENNIFER SELMAN WAS TAKEN FROM US.I HAVE REALLY BEEN THINKING ALOT ABOUT HER AND ALL THE SILLINESS WE GOT INTO FROM GRADE SCHOOL UNTIL THE DAY SHE WENT TO HEAVEN.ALTHOUGH I MAY LAUGH ALOT I STILL CRY FOR HER.I TRULY MISS HER TO THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL.I WISH SHE WAS STILL WITH US BUT SHE WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS AND MEMORIES.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE ALSO WITH HER FAMILY DURNING THIS TIME,BECAUSE LORD KNOWS AS A FRIEND I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME SO AS FAMILY I WOULDN'T WANT TO WALK IN THEIR SHOES.SO LETS ALL KEEP THEM IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS THE 14th YEAR APPROACHES.
LOVE AND MISS YOU JENN,YOUR FRIEND
JABS
What was the real story about her death? Can anyone share it?
JABS

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Sep 22, 2010
NOT REALLY FOR SURE.BUT HONESTLY BELIEVE THE ONE MAN THAT IS CONVICTED THAT HE WASN'T ALONE THAT THERE WAS 3 OF THEM INVOLVED.BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO REMEMBER JENN AND ALL HER GREAT QUALITIES.SHE IS TRULY MISSED BY ALOT AND WISH SHE WAS STILL HERE.
People

United States

#4 Sep 22, 2010
I know how u feel I had a friend that got killed 29 years ago she was my cousin and best friend she was a single mother she moved from here to clarksburg because she had been hurt very bad her little girl might have been a year old and lost her mother on bridgeport hill she was suppose to come to my house around 4:00 that evening and we were going to the firemens parade her little girl was with her parents until she could get everything done to take her with her well needless to say she never made it she got killed by a drunk driver and I got the call around 1:00 that after noon I didn't know what to do it just felt like drained out if my body and of course he got nothing for it and we all lost a daughter a mother a sister and my best friend I think if her all the time and still cry over it her daughter grew up to be a beautiful person (just like her mother) when I get to see her it feels like her mother is right there with us I know she is in heaven and that's helps a little it's hard but it gets to where u can tolerate it that's about all she was a wonderful person she could make u smile no matter how down u r she just got a raw deal in life love and miss u dear friend
starting

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2010
People wrote:
I know how u feel I had a friend that got killed 29 years ago she was my cousin and best friend she was a single mother she moved from here to clarksburg because she had been hurt very bad her little girl might have been a year old and lost her mother on bridgeport hill she was suppose to come to my house around 4:00 that evening and we were going to the firemens parade her little girl was with her parents until she could get everything done to take her with her well needless to say she never made it she got killed by a drunk driver and I got the call around 1:00 that after noon I didn't know what to do it just felt like drained out if my body and of course he got nothing for it and we all lost a daughter a mother a sister and my best friend I think if her all the time and still cry over it her daughter grew up to be a beautiful person (just like her mother) when I get to see her it feels like her mother is right there with us I know she is in heaven and that's helps a little it's hard but it gets to where u can tolerate it that's about all she was a wonderful person she could make u smile no matter how down u r she just got a raw deal in life love and miss u dear friend
i know who you are talkin about and i love her to miss you so so much J.C. i love you and miss you to
i know too

Rupert, WV

#6 Sep 23, 2010
i know who she is/was too!! i went to school with her daughter!! i never knew the exact info though!! she is laid to rest near my home
People

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2010
We were all so lucky to have her in our lives I'll always have a empty spot in my heart she meant so much to not just me but alot of people she would be so proud of her daughter I know I am I just wish I could see her more I remember when I got married she said she wouldn't miss it for the world but u just had to know her she was late for everything she made it for my reception we laughed so hard about that but who would have thought six months later she would be gone sure not me I cherish all my pictures that we had it still hard at times but bring the person she was she would not want us to feel this way she was so full of love and loved life to bad she didn't see her daughter grow up and her granbabies she would have been so proud love and miss u so much my friend
Jennifer

Summersville, WV

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Jen's parents was my baby sitter down Birch some for my parents - they are awesome so is Michelle.
my friend

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Oct 1, 2010
ARE JENNIFERS PARENTS STILL HERE IN COWEN?I HOPE THEY KNOW WE ALL STILL PRAY FOR THEM AND MISS JENN VERY MUCH.
Michelle Selman Hassan

Ann Arbor, MI

#10 Oct 3, 2010
Thank You!! Your kind words mean so much. It has been a rough 14 years for us.(October 7th) She is missed more than anyone will ever know. That people still think of and miss her makes me smile. She was truly an awesome soul and the best sister ever. To this day she was the kindest person I have ever known. She never had a bad or unkind word to say against anyone. What a shame that it had to ever happen and truly what a loss for us all. My parents still do live in Cowen and my dad operates Cowen Printing. Stop in and say hello. Love your family and treat each day with them like it may be your last. If you a crime happening REPORT IT. Had "Florida Joe" Harrison been caught for all his "petty" crimes maybe this could have been prevented. Thank you for remembering my dear sister. It warms my heart a little this awful month. Jennifer Lee Selman Feb 12, 1978 - October 7, 1996. RIP. Thanks again, Michelle
What A Thought

Princeton, WV

#11 Oct 3, 2010
You, Know I As An Everyday Person Think Of Different things From Day To day That Have happen through out my life as well as many others reguardless of good or Bad I Each And everyday think of many Loved One's Lost They Say As your Born You Start To Die And For whatever reason I would Like To Thank And Also Send Out prayers To All ! Today my First Grand Child Was Born As Thankful as I Am For Every Moment I Have I Know It My heart I Will Some Day Come To Pass As well for whatever reason So Once Again Thank's To All
JABS

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Oct 3, 2010
TO MICHELLE AND FAMILY:
I LOVE AND MISS JENN EVERYDAY I THINK OF HER ALL THE TIME NOT JUST THIS MONTH.MY HUSBAND HEARS OUR SILLY STORIES ALL THE TIME.I WILL NEVER FORGET OR STOP THINKING ABOUT HER.I JUST WANTED TO REMIND PEOPLE TO THINK AND PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILY AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR,BUT I PRAY PRAY FOR YOU GUYS ALL THE TIME.I'LL BE IN COWEN ON THURSDAY AND I WILL STOP BY THE CEMETARY AND CRY MY EYES OUT ONCE AGAIN.BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY SHE I LOVE AND MISS HER TODAY AS MUCH AS I DID THEN
dbdbdbbdbdb

Summersville, WV

#13 Oct 4, 2010
someone got paid to get rid of a girl and jenn looked like her they got the wrong girl! She didnt deserve to be murdered it was over a drug deal that she wasnt even envolved in
me me me

Princeton, WV

#14 Oct 4, 2010
well i heard from a good friends of john mills fred mills brother was in on it im not sure about fred but i know john was in on it and jenn will be missed and loved.
maybe

Summersville, WV

#15 Oct 5, 2010
After "Florida Joe" is released maybe he will tell the whole truth, I find it hard to believe he did this horrible crime all by himself, he may have had something to do with it but rest assured he was not alone...
JABS

Ann Arbor, MI

#16 Oct 5, 2010
I RECENTLY WROTE MR. HARRISON AND POINT BLANK ASKED HIM WHAT HAPPENED,HE WROTE BACK AND ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION THAT I HAD ASKED HIM.HE WASN'T ALONE AND HE TRIED TO TELL THE COPS THAT. HE EVEN GAVE THEIR NAMES AS HE DID WHEN HE WROTE ME BACK.HE TOLD ME THE STORY.I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF JENNS AND FOR 14 YEARS I HAVE HAD HORRIBLE VISIONS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED ACCORDING TO ALL THE RUMORS.AND HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD CLEAR EVERYTHING UP AND HE DID WHICH HAS HELPED ME ALOT TO GET PAST THE THOUGHTS AND RUMORS.HE HAS NOTHING TO GAIN OR LOOSE BY TELLING HIS STORY HE WILL BE IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE AND HE EVEN SAID THAT IS WHERE HE DESERVES TO BE AND WOULDN'T EXPECT ANYTHING DIFFERENT FOR WHAT HE DONE THAT NIGHT.HE WAS VERY CURTIOUS IN ANSWERING ALL OF MY QUESTIONS AND I THANK GOD FOR THAT BECAUSE NOW I CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENED INSTEAD OF WHAT I IMAGINED HAD HAPPENED ACCORDING TO ALL THE RUMORS.BUT NO MATTER HOW MANY QUESTIONS HE ANSWERS IT WILL NEVER BRING MY FRIEND BACK BUT THE TRUTH NEEDS TO COME OUT AND THE OTHER 2 GUYS NEED TO BE PROSACUTED FOR THEIR INVOLVEMENT FOR JENN TO HAVE JUSTICE.I LOVE AND MISS HER EVERYDAY.
JABS

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 Oct 5, 2010
THESE NAMES WERE NOT MENTIONED IN THE LETTER MR.HARRISON WROTE TO ME.HE DID NAME 2 MEN BUT NOT THESE ONES.NOR DID HE MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MONEY AND SAID NO ONE WAS MISTAKEN FOR ANYONE JUST A HORRIBLE ACCIDENT THAT LEAD HIM AND THE OTHER GUYS TO DO THIS AWFUL THING IN THEIR DRUNK AND DRUGGED MINDS.
me me me wrote:
well i heard from a good friends of john mills fred mills brother was in on it im not sure about fred but i know john was in on it and jenn will be missed and loved.
AMGQ

Bluefield, WV

#18 Oct 6, 2010
I am right with you. Not a day has gone by that I don't think about her. I'm so happy to know that some of her other friends still think of her as I do.
Sad

Summersville, WV

#19 Oct 7, 2010
I am a mother of two daughters and everytime I think of what happen to Jenn, I think that could happen to one of my daughters. I know I may sound selfish but PLEASE this is to all who read this topix, warn your children about pulling over and stopping for ppl, always make sure they have a friend or a phone with them. I know I aggervate my girls to pieces when I call them every 15-30 min. when I know they are going somewhere by themselves. Kids are not safe anywhere they go and one should never assume their children are "ok". I feel Jenns death has open alot of parents eyes. God bless the family and friends of Jenn.
i with you

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2010
I just love her parents, they are soooo kind. I remember when all that was going on... I agree that man convicted DID NOT ACT alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katasha Phillips 54 min Jason 5
tim bennett did it (Jan '16) 57 min You are funny 57
Who?????? 8 hr Resident 1
Richwooders Being Fooled 10 hr Jo 43
Funk (Apr '13) 12 hr Me too 11
Jerimiah boggs Wed A James Manchin 7
Mayor Baber Is A Crook Tue sum1pukedandcreat... 10

Cowen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance