First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tammy Arrington

Wytheville, VA

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Anyone else been dragged into this trashy forum by some trash insecure person who does not have the guts to sit down face to face like human beings and discuss the matter like two grown adults. Anyone else out there sick of all the unnecessary drama that is a result of most of the untruths and lies that are posted on this forum. This sight was created to communicate community events, local news, etc. It was not meant for all of the nonsense that goes on here on the Covington Forum. Anyone out there think that it needs to go away? Anyone out there think that the people responsible for slandering people on this forum should be held responsible for the lies that they tell. I know, sticks and stones, but really.....I have never been on this sight in my life and all of the sudden I am accused of alot of things that are not true....BTW....I am not trashy. I think all posts on Topix should be signed by the person writing and everything written should be screened before it is posted and if it cannot be proven as fact then is should not be posted. Enough is enough! Anyone else out there feel this way?
Tammy Arrington

Wytheville, VA

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Employee or not....no one has the right to speak untruths and outright lies.....this entire forum is full of people bashing other people and this is not only a Covington issue....it is a national issue and based on some research I have done there is a group trying to make the Topix take responsibility for this disgraceful sight they have created. It is a money making deal and that is all. They are unconcerned about people who being hurt by what is being put on their sight. Personally, I do not care what is said about me...I have many long time employees who as far as I know think I only try to do my job...I am concerned, however, by the image being portrayed by some employee who doesn't really want the problem fixed or they would address it in person. Pretty sure one person has kept us in the highlight all this time...sad that one low life person can create such chaos...sad that this sight allows this to go on...Freedom of speech is one thing.....Outright slander is a whole different ball game.
Reanne

Clifton Forge, VA

#4 Nov 29, 2012
I agree, Tammy is the best Boss ever, even though I dont work for her anymore I always knew that I could call her to resolve an issue, and frequently aggravated her with my incessant questions :) so anyone talking about her is stupid and should go play in traffic in hampton va :P
Tammy Arrington

Wytheville, VA

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Don't know about that Reanne but thanks. Not trying to make this about me. Trying to make people understand that the owner of Topix makes money every time someone posts on this horrible sight and he is makeing money at the expense of peoples feelings. Google Topix administrater and see what is going on. There is a petition to have it either shutdown or screened more closely. Don't know why people in Covington feed off of bad things being said anonomously about other people. It is very sad. Makes our community look bad. Don't really care what anyone thinks of me but have the guts to say it to my face and and don't make up a bunch of lies. Anyone sick of this trashy Topix page google Topix administrater and find the link to sign the petition to end it and hold them accontable for the slanderous statements that they are making money off of.

Since: Nov 12

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Nov 30, 2012
I don't think you should be allowed to post on Topix without registering with a valid email. I know that won't stop most if the mudslinging but eventually someone will get hurt or hurt themselves as a result of things posted here. If you have valid email address linked to your login name it would be easier to find out who the poster is. I'm all for people who want anonymity when posting intelligent debates or opinions but it's abused here.
hippo-crite

Covington, VA

#7 Nov 30, 2012
You talk about its not right to bash people but yet you call someone a low life....whatever was said must be true because u are so worried about defending yourself...if it weren't you would let it go in one ear and out the other...don't feed into drama and they will quit talking
Erin Arrington

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Nov 30, 2012
I'm just curious, if these posts were slandering you and your reputation would you be as willing to "let it go in one ear and out the other"? Too many good people have had their names drug through the mud because of cowards empowered by hiding behind anonymity on a computer who have nothing better to do than write half-truths and lies on this forum. I am so sorry that this site is really the highlight of your lives. Only in Covington...
thinking

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2012
There are a whole lot of your employees being bashed on here! How often are they true? I know alot of the people on here having there names strung out on here and know that 90% of it isn't true... But it is your employees posting the stuff about other employees and some get it way worse off than others... the ones getting bashed are the bad ones in everyones eyes and yet the ones doing the bashing are the inocent ones and a few have been called out on it because they've screwed up on their posts what were done to them?
Tammy Arrington

United States

#10 Nov 30, 2012
marshakeyser wrote:
I don't think you should be allowed to post on Topix without registering with a valid email. I know that won't stop most if the mudslinging but eventually someone will get hurt or hurt themselves as a result of things posted here. If you have valid email address linked to your login name it would be easier to find out who the poster is. I'm all for people who want anonymity when posting intelligent debates or opinions but it's abused here.
Tammy Arrington totally agrees! Anonymous posting is ok if is truthful but making up lies is an entirely different ball game.
Topix should be forced to be taken down or regulated more closely.
Tammy Arrington

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2012
thinking wrote:
There are a whole lot of your employees being bashed on here! How often are they true? I know alot of the people on here having there names strung out on here and know that 90% of it isn't true... But it is your employees posting the stuff about other employees and some get it way worse off than others... the ones getting bashed are the bad ones in everyones eyes and yet the ones doing the bashing are the inocent ones and a few have been called out on it because they've screwed up on their posts what were done to them?
This is not about work anymore. This is about all of the people who simply get on here and say what pops into their little head because someone has some how offended them or just does not like them. You do not know any more than I do who is saying what about whom and everyone is pointing their fingers at everyone...just plain stupid....meanwhile some person in charge of this sight is laughing his ass off and making money off of all the us idiots posting on here. Needs to stop now!
Erin Arrington

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Nov 30, 2012
I'm posting this for my mom and for anyone else who has been a victim of cowards empowered by the anonymity of hiding behind a computer. Please sign this petition to have Topix taken down or reformed and then share it on your page so that others can sign it also. You or someone you care about could be the next victim of this ignorant slander.

http://www.change.org/petitions/end-or-reform... #
are you serious

United States

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Tammy Arrington wrote:
Employee or not....no one has the right to speak untruths and outright lies.....this entire forum is full of people bashing other people and this is not only a Covington issue....it is a national issue and based on some research I have done there is a group trying to make the Topix take responsibility for this disgraceful sight they have created. It is a money making deal and that is all. They are unconcerned about people who being hurt by what is being put on their sight. Personally, I do not care what is said about me...I have many long time employees who as far as I know think I only try to do my job...I am concerned, however, by the image being portrayed by some employee who doesn't really want the problem fixed or they would address it in person. Pretty sure one person has kept us in the highlight all this time...sad that one low life person can create such chaos...sad that this sight allows this to go on...Freedom of speech is one thing.....Outright slander is a whole different ball game.
you say its only one employee keeping it going who is that?? Because from the way it looks its a whole lot of your employees you just seem to want to pin point it on one. So if thats the case put the name out there I mean your not coward enough to put your own name out there but put who you think it is! Bet those employees who do post will laugh and say yea thats what we thought you'd say!
Tammy Arrington

United States

#14 Nov 30, 2012
hippo-crite wrote:
You talk about its not right to bash people but yet you call someone a low life....whatever was said must be true because u are so worried about defending yourself...if it weren't you would let it go in one ear and out the other...don't feed into drama and they will quit talking
Think what you will. Never had any dealings here and yes I did call someone a low life because they verbally slandered me with lies on this sight and I have not done anything to anyone. So... in my opinion they are a low life because they have nothing better to do than mess with peoples lives. All employees at this work place sign an agreement that they will not discuss their work place by name on any type of media sight so they do not have the right to discuss me or their place of work and they are going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible...if you have not been a victim in this then keep your nose out of it!
Erin Arrington

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Nov 30, 2012
Posting a name when the actual identity is unknown would be slander. That's what we're fighting against, not encouraging. There are suspicions about a certain employees and that's all that should be said about that. It's not fair to post this person's name when there is no written proof that is is said employee.
Tammy Arrington

United States

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Erin Arrington wrote:
I'm posting this for my mom and for anyone else who has been a victim of cowards empowered by the anonymity of hiding behind a computer. Please sign this petition to have Topix taken down or reformed and then share it on your page so that others can sign it also. You or someone you care about could be the next victim of this ignorant slander.
http://www.change.org/petitions/end-or-reform... #
Hah Topix!!!Freedom of speech!!! Everyone sign this petition and take the voice away from all the trashy cowards!!!
rebecca dimaano

Covington, VA

#17 Nov 30, 2012
i agree totally things like this should be addressed not ignored hoping that the harrasser decides to leave. this whole thing is easily fixed so that people are not harrassed nor their repitations ruined by others who are cowards and have nothing better to do than torment others and cause chaos there are real things to talk about other than who is sleeping with who and who has a dirty home and who may or may not be a good parent this whole thing can be stopped all together by making those who want to post have a picture with their email that way the cowards and trouble makers will not as easily slander innocent people and make their lives a living hell i myself have been a victim of this trash talking as well as my family my parents are older and they are sick they do not need this type of thing nor do my other family members!
Tammy Arrington

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2012
are you serious wrote:
<quoted text> you say its only one employee keeping it going who is that?? Because from the way it looks its a whole lot of your employees you just seem to want to pin point it on one. So if thats the case put the name out there I mean your not coward enough to put your own name out there but put who you think it is! Bet those employees who do post will laugh and say yea thats what we thought you'd say!
Well...since I do not know for sure who it is that would be slandering someone else and that is totally what I am talking about you idiot! Everyone is so dead set on calling people out! Yes! I called you an idiot because that was an ignorant statement for you to make.Maybe it is you? You trying to figure out if I really know? Because I don't...only suspect.......and the problem is no one really knows!!!
Tammy Arrington

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2012
hippo-crite wrote:
You talk about its not right to bash people but yet you call someone a low life....whatever was said must be true because u are so worried about defending yourself...if it weren't you would let it go in one ear and out the other...don't feed into drama and they will quit talking

How about this you jerk! You sign your real name to something and let me make up a bunch of BS about you.......Show me how to be the bigger person and ignore it. My goal is to get this sight down...your goal is simply to cause trouble.
rebecca dimaano

Covington, VA

#20 Nov 30, 2012
tammy they won't put their names because they like to ride the fence meaning they love to post crap then pretend they didn't do it.
Angie Fink

Saint Albans, WV

#21 Nov 30, 2012
I have been an employee at McDonald's since 2008. I have seen plenty of people come and go and never seen any of this nonsense until recently. I am very angry that someone has found it funny to tell lies about a woman who will give you a job work around your schedule and do what is in her power to make it work! I have never seen her post on any kind of childish website so I hope you are getting the attention you so wanted! Now, with the temper I have I'm gonna do my best to watch my mouth. Tammy has done a lot for people and I know her and her family they are great people and how dare you try to ruin her character! If it wasn't for her there would be a lot of jobless people.She is far from a pill Popper or druggie or whatever you tried to make her out to be! If you have problem with her I have no doubt she would be willing to discuss it with you as an adult. Tammy I will sign the petition in hopes this stops. You have helped me and my family many times and your kids and family are wonderful people.I will not stand for someone to try and drag you down! You are better than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jodie weidman sex with student 50 min Hahahahhahahah 5
Mackenzie Harris 1 hr Hello girl 9
Debra,kidd aka easton aka edwards 2 hr Sharrita 6
The joke that is Clifton forge and their over p... (May '11) 4 hr E_Bogar 56
New restaurant in Clifton forge 6 hr yup 3
Men suck 7 hr sad 31
Does Anyone Know Who Is HaHa? 10 hr YouDontNeedToKnow 7

Covington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covington Mortgages