possible 2 schools closing

possible 2 schools closing

Posted in the Covington Forum

mad as heck

Edinburg, VA

#1 May 21, 2012
Not sure if everyone is aware or not but Alleghany County School Board is holding a meeting to discuss closing Boiling Springs and Sharon schools. I think the meeting is tonight.
Im a Sharon MOM

Redwood, VA

#2 May 21, 2012
The meeting was tonight.....which was pointless because they had already made their mind up (with the exception of Billy Angle-who received a standing ovation) They presented two options, The first to make cuts, the second to close Sharon and Boiling Springs....They chose the latter! Here's an idea, why doesn't the lady in the middle take a pay cut, or how about all of them take a pay cut, stop driving county vehicles while your not actually working, don't purchase 2 new buses just yet.....there have got to be other options other than closing these schools!
Really

Covington, VA

#3 May 21, 2012
Here is an idea, lets cut the administration office. Somewhere I read that the secretary to one of the directors had a secretary. Why does a secretary need a secretary? If this is true seems there is alot of FAT that can be cut without cuts teachers and closing schools. Why do we need a director for everything?
You are right "Sharon Mom" they had already made up their minds and probably weeks ago.
All of these cuts to our school come from our governor. Isn't he just wonderful.
Register

Covington, VA

#4 May 25, 2012
If anyone would like to speak at the meeting that will be held on June 4th, the paper stated that you MUST register to speak before the meeting. If you do not register, you cannot speak.
Wondering

Covington, VA

#5 May 26, 2012
Rumor has it today that, although the Board of Supervisors has offered the money that is needed to keep the two schools open for another year, the School Board will probably reject the offer and move ahead with closing the schools. The reason given is that this is seen as only a short term fix and not a permanent solution to the general school funding issue. The School Board believes that even with this money, we will be in this same position one year from now; if not a worse one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long Hair 5 min YourGrandma 3
Clifton Forge Rescue Squad 1 hr Stupid is as stup... 18
Where did the School Post Go? 2 hr Mommy 1
Hoe 2 hr Buddy 2
Manicure 3 hr Kaite 3
Places to drink nighlife 3 hr Night life looking 1
Dianne wickersham 5 hr sad 17

Covington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance