Alleghany regional hospital-The wors...

Alleghany regional hospital-The worst hospital in the state

Posted in the Covington Forum

lets talk

Covington, VA

#1 May 24, 2011
Please describe any horror stories or just screwups that you know of happening at Alleghany regional Hospital.
Sasquatch

Covington, VA

#2 May 26, 2011
I was in the er one day and this guy had run over his foot with a lawn mower! That one idiot of an er doctor wouldn't even give the poor man any pain medication! I walked out after that and went to Lexington! Dr. Sedovi from Rockbridge Surgical Clinic is the best doc I've ever been to! He is also supose to be transferring here to ARH!
lets talk

Covington, VA

#3 May 26, 2011
That man should have called HCA's corporate office in Nashville TN as soon as he left.
here and there

Covington, VA

#4 May 29, 2011
Alleghany Regional Hospital is known far and wide as a terrible hospital.I have been to UVA hospital and had doctors there comment to me that they know and have heard how bad Alleghany regional hospital is.
annie

Covington, VA

#5 May 29, 2011
yes i have a really good story i went in the er there and and watched a older woman get seen after she left i talked to my friends there boy i got a mountian load of details on that trash they will tell you everything if you get the right people lol
airways

Oakvale, WV

#6 May 31, 2011
its better than greenbrier valley medical center in fairlea,you guys are lucky,try our hospital a time or two.
wrecked

United States

#7 Aug 3, 2011
I had a accident where I flipped my truck across the interstate. I did walk away from this accident, but on pure shock I believe.I was taken to hospital in an ambulance.(Ambulance ran into a ditch, and large woman fell on me) I injured my head and hip in the car accident. Alleghanys er staff did nothing!! The xray tech made me hide a bag of ice that he brought me to put on my swollen head, because he wasn't aloud to do that,(not to mention, my chart said nothing of a head injury. Maybe some people have lumped up blue foreheads). Also when the xray tech came to xray my hip, he asked how long ago I had pain meds, since I was in pain and crying (5hrs into my stay) I hadn't received any, and when he asked the doc, they said they weren't giving me any. I was discharged after an 8 1/2 hour stay with crutches and told to go to school.(Was a senior at the time) I hate this hospital!!!
lets talk

Covington, VA

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Yes it is known as the worst hospital around for a reason because it is.I recently had many experiences in this joke of a hospital with a family member as a patient.The doctors and staff do not care about the majority of the patients and that is clear all you are to them is a dollar sign.The doctors are clueless as are the nurses.When you call them out on the many mistakes they make they get mad and sulk like a spoiled child.When you complain to the hospital CEO basically nothing is done either because the employees all laugh and joke about what a pushover he is.I have personally had well known doctors at UVA tell me they have heard about ARH's reputation as a very bad hospital.There were many times when I spoke to staff that were clearly under the influence of something.While my father was a patient a woman was given too much haldol up the hall and I was told they thought she might die.I was told this by a RN.This is a hospital that needs to be watched very closely it has always been known as a bad hospital but I think recently in the past few years it has gone from bad to outrageous and the people of this area deserve better.I will also comment on the ambulance services in this area.They have basically always been just a place for people to "hang out" and "hook up" this is well known.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon L Hoke 3 hr JustWow 5
CF 2million dollars wasted 12 hr Sick 2
stupid neighbor 13 hr neighbor 22
Christmas Mother 13 hr citizen 21
Correctional Officer 19 hr turtle 7
nick campbell (Nov '12) 19 hr His dealer 7
Lying f u **ks Sat Mee 2

Covington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance