First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scrooge

Covington, VA

#1 Aug 22, 2011
I was thinking about my grandma at Scott Hill. Last year the Christmas Mother raised 49.000 and spent only 18,000. My Grandma lives on a fixed income and medicines cost more than groceries. She didn't buy groceries before Christmas because the Christmas mother always gave her two nice bags of groceries and some fruit and a ham. Last year somebody knocked at the door and handed her a ham and complained about how tired she was from delivering hams. My grandma waited and wated for her groceries but they never came. Next day she asked about he groceries and we called and the lady said she was lucky to get a ham with the economy and all. Then the paper says the woman had 38,000 left over. I hope this year all those rich people will give to the Salvation army. I saw some Christmas decorations go up and it made me sad today to think of my grandma and then about Tanessa and Wright. They got sad families too tonight.
sad situation

Covington, VA

#2 Aug 26, 2011
well last ear my mother whom is in her 60s thought her appointment was on a paticular day she misread it as she walked through the a bunch of women were husting around so my mother gave them her card and the christmas mother took it and very rudely told her that she came in the wrong day and then told my mother that before she came sailing into her christmas shop again to make sure that she came on the right day my mother was hurt not to mention she was embarrassed to the point of tears.and that excess money should have been accounted for i felt like all those women were rude and stuck up and had no place there because christian women should never act like like rude idiots its a shame really i seen people walk out of there with so much stuff that they needed to make several trips then i seen people get barely enough to get by its all a great big show thats it.
concerned

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Aug 29, 2011
yea. I used the christmas mother last year. I barely got anything. A big bag of calendars n toys that wasnt fit for my dog. Hopefully this year they get someone who is a real christmas mother. Not a snoody stuck up so called christmas mother. And to have all that money left over. Should be fraud. Enough said.
Ha Ha

Covington, VA

#4 Aug 30, 2011
The "christmas mother program" is another program that is abused like all the others.People who can not afford to live themselves should not have kids and expect the government and other peoples taxes to pay for their kids to live and have christmas.I know of several families in this area that have money yet they take advantage of this program anyway.
Ha Ha

Covington, VA

#5 Aug 30, 2011
Another example of programs that are abused is the church on Alleghany street that gives out free food once a month.I know of several people who go there that have CONSIDERABLE ASSETS yet are too tight to buy food.This is another program that you should have to fill out forms just like you would to recieve welfare or any other service.Also if a person is found to have lied they should have to pay back in cash the amount of food they have recieved through means of fraud.Yes it is disgraceful and disgusting but there are people who will abuse programs that are in place to help others who are truly in need.
CliftonForge

Covington, VA

#6 Aug 30, 2011
At least she didn't sit in fron of your kids and eat Pizza like she did in CF. My kids wanted that pizza so bad and they were told it was only for the Christmas Mother and her staff. The poeple who donoated all that money have no idea that last year our kids got junk from the dollar store and the food was either what others couldn't eat or didn't want. We ended up not being able to eat most of it. People probably won't don'tate much since there was so much left over and if they saw what we got they would know why. I wish I didn't have to ask for anything andI should be thankful but that woman made a mokery out of all the others by bragging about how much she saved and what she wasn't goin to to do for people.
Just wondering

Covington, VA

#7 Aug 30, 2011
Who is actually in charge of the Christmas Mother program? Is there someone or an organization in each county or city who selects the Christmas Mother each year and should be monitoring the overal program?
Just wondering

Covington, VA

#8 Aug 30, 2011
sorrry: "overal" should be "overall"
single mother

Covington, VA

#9 Aug 30, 2011
I used the services of the christmas mother last year and I was grateful for all that I got. I was unemployed for most of the year and had to take care of a sick family member. I did however get a job at the end of November. This year I plan on giving back to the program in hopes that somebody that was in the same predicament I was last year benefits. It is just like everything else but I just do what I can and am able to do. Some people abuse the previlege and it will come back to them in the long run. In the meantime think of the elderly and children that are in need thru these tough economic times.
Just wondering

Covington, VA

#10 Aug 31, 2011
single mother wrote:
I used the services of the christmas mother last year and I was grateful for all that I got. I was unemployed for most of the year and had to take care of a sick family member. I did however get a job at the end of November. This year I plan on giving back to the program in hopes that somebody that was in the same predicament I was last year benefits. It is just like everything else but I just do what I can and am able to do. Some people abuse the previlege and it will come back to them in the long run. In the meantime think of the elderly and children that are in need thru these tough economic times.
Good for you. "Paying it forward", when you can, is always a fine thing!
VERY WRONG

Covington, VA

#11 Aug 31, 2011
OMG I CAN'T STAND THE HOILIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE FROM PEOPLE WHOM TRY AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL!FIRST OF ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOTHERS ARE A BUNCH OF SNOBBY STUCK UP WOMEN WHO ARE NOT JUST THE AVERAGE FEMALE IN COVINGTON MEANING IF YOU ARE NOT THE WIFE OF A MAN THAT WORKS AT WEST VACO OR HE IS TIED UP IN THE CITY SOME HOW THEN YOU ARE NOT PICKED AT ALL THESE WOMEN ARE MEMBERS OF THE "STEPFORD WIVES"PROBABLY SPELLED WRONG BUT YOU GET THE PICTURE THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF STUCK UP WOMEN THAT ARE NOT VERY CHRISTIAN AT THAT!AND WHY IN THE WORLD THEY EAT PIZZA WHILE WAITING ON CLIENTS THATS RUDE ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED THATS INSANE TO EAT IN FRONT OF A CHILD AND THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THIS IS FOR ME AND MY STAFF LOL WOW WHAT A PIECE OF WORK ANY WAY I HAVE RECIEVED HELP IN THE PAST AND YES I WAS THANKFUL BUT I DID NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE I WAS TRASH OR BENEATH THEM AS WE ALL KNOW EVERYONE IS 1 PAY CHECK AWAY FROM DISASTER SO EVERY ONE WITH A SMART ASS COMMENT NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT AND THIS IS TO THE IDIOT WHOM SUGGESTS THAT POOR PEOPLE DON'T NEED CHILDREN WELL GEE AREN'T YOU A HORSES ASS WE DESERVE THE AMERICAN DREAM AS WELL YOU KNUCKLE HEAD WITH THAT SAID IAM NOT CONDONING EVERY ONE TO SPIT BABIES OUT LIKE WATER MELON SEEDS BUT LADY IF A CHILD IS HERE GET OVER IT THEY DESERVE ASSISTANCE AS WELL NOT TO MENTION A LOT OF FOLKS DONATE MONEY AND GOODS EVERY YEAR NO ONE IS TWISTING THE WANNA BE SOCIALITES OF OUR [email protected] UP TOWN TO EVEN COMMIT TO A CHRISTMAS CHARITY OR EVENT H%LL THE CITY HAD NO PROBLEM LAYING OUT $300,000 DOLLARS FOR A FUTURE PARKING LOT MEANING THE OLD TRUE VALUE BLDGING WHICH THEY DID NOT NEED TO BUY AT THIS TIME WITH THE WAY THE ECOMONY IS THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOME MORE WORK ON THE ROADS FIXING ALL THE POTS HOLES AND OTHER MUCH NEEDED THINGS AND SPEAKING OF OTHER BULL CRAP NONSENSE PURCHASES WOULD BE ALL THE EXPENISIVE SIGNS LEADING STRANGERS TO THIS HELL HOLE!NOW BACK TO THE CHRISTMAS MOTHER ITS A GREAT BIG WASTE OF TIME THEY GET DONATIONS AND MONEY SO THEY ARE GOOD THEN THEY POCKET THE REST LOL GEE SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS FRAUD IN BOTH DIRECTIONS NOT JUST WITH THE CLIENTS IMAGINE THAT!LOL
Ha Ha

Covington, VA

#12 Aug 31, 2011
VERY WRONG wrote:
OMG I CAN'T STAND THE HOILIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE FROM PEOPLE WHOM TRY AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL!FIRST OF ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOTHERS ARE A BUNCH OF SNOBBY STUCK UP WOMEN WHO ARE NOT JUST THE AVERAGE FEMALE IN COVINGTON MEANING IF YOU ARE NOT THE WIFE OF A MAN THAT WORKS AT WEST VACO OR HE IS TIED UP IN THE CITY SOME HOW THEN YOU ARE NOT PICKED AT ALL THESE WOMEN ARE MEMBERS OF THE "STEPFORD WIVES"PROBABLY SPELLED WRONG BUT YOU GET THE PICTURE THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF STUCK UP WOMEN THAT ARE NOT VERY CHRISTIAN AT THAT!AND WHY IN THE WORLD THEY EAT PIZZA WHILE WAITING ON CLIENTS THATS RUDE ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED THATS INSANE TO EAT IN FRONT OF A CHILD AND THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THIS IS FOR ME AND MY STAFF LOL WOW WHAT A PIECE OF WORK ANY WAY I HAVE RECIEVED HELP IN THE PAST AND YES I WAS THANKFUL BUT I DID NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE I WAS TRASH OR BENEATH THEM AS WE ALL KNOW EVERYONE IS 1 PAY CHECK AWAY FROM DISASTER SO EVERY ONE WITH A SMART ASS COMMENT NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT AND THIS IS TO THE IDIOT WHOM SUGGESTS THAT POOR PEOPLE DON'T NEED CHILDREN WELL GEE AREN'T YOU A HORSES ASS WE DESERVE THE AMERICAN DREAM AS WELL YOU KNUCKLE HEAD WITH THAT SAID IAM NOT CONDONING EVERY ONE TO SPIT BABIES OUT LIKE WATER MELON SEEDS BUT LADY IF A CHILD IS HERE GET OVER IT THEY DESERVE ASSISTANCE AS WELL NOT TO MENTION A LOT OF FOLKS DONATE MONEY AND GOODS EVERY YEAR NO ONE IS TWISTING THE WANNA BE SOCIALITES OF OUR [email protected] UP TOWN TO EVEN COMMIT TO A CHRISTMAS CHARITY OR EVENT H%LL THE CITY HAD NO PROBLEM LAYING OUT $300,000 DOLLARS FOR A FUTURE PARKING LOT MEANING THE OLD TRUE VALUE BLDGING WHICH THEY DID NOT NEED TO BUY AT THIS TIME WITH THE WAY THE ECOMONY IS THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOME MORE WORK ON THE ROADS FIXING ALL THE POTS HOLES AND OTHER MUCH NEEDED THINGS AND SPEAKING OF OTHER BULL CRAP NONSENSE PURCHASES WOULD BE ALL THE EXPENISIVE SIGNS LEADING STRANGERS TO THIS HELL HOLE!NOW BACK TO THE CHRISTMAS MOTHER ITS A GREAT BIG WASTE OF TIME THEY GET DONATIONS AND MONEY SO THEY ARE GOOD THEN THEY POCKET THE REST LOL GEE SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS FRAUD IN BOTH DIRECTIONS NOT JUST WITH THE CLIENTS IMAGINE THAT!LOL
....My comment was 100% correct.People who can not afford to live themselves should not have kids and expect other peoples taxes and charity to pay for them to live.
very wrong

Covington, VA

#13 Aug 31, 2011
wow and i wouldnt be afraid to bet that you are all up in the free goodies usually people that say that kind of stupid shyt are the first in line and the last to leave lol we understand wink wink
Ha Ha

Covington, VA

#14 Aug 31, 2011
very wrong wrote:
wow and i wouldnt be afraid to bet that you are all up in the free goodies usually people that say that kind of stupid shyt are the first in line and the last to leave lol we understand wink wink
...Your comment makes no sense.Why would I abuse programs like that?? I have no kids and I am not in need of free food or other charity.
wondering

Covington, VA

#15 Aug 31, 2011
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>...Your comment makes no sense.Why would I abuse programs like that?? I have no kids and I am not in need of free food or other charity.
I just wonder what your problem is. Seems like you got a vengance for everyone out there. Get a grip and if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all geesh!
Ha Ha

Covington, VA

#16 Aug 31, 2011
I tell it like it is.I do not agree with people who abuse programs that are in place to help people that deserve it.I also do not think people who can not afford to live themselves should have kids (which is something you do not have to have) and expect others to pay for them to live.What if I went out and bought a house or car knowing I could not afford it and then expected peoples taxes or charity to pay for it.Would that be ok???
wondering

Covington, VA

#17 Aug 31, 2011
Ha Ha wrote:
I tell it like it is.I do not agree with people who abuse programs that are in place to help people that deserve it.I also do not think people who can not afford to live themselves should have kids (which is something you do not have to have) and expect others to pay for them to live.What if I went out and bought a house or car knowing I could not afford it and then expected peoples taxes or charity to pay for it.Would that be ok???
I just want you to know that I have a child and I am raising him on my own. I lost my job a while back and had to rely on the help from government agencies and the christmas mother program. It is a humiliating experience to go there and have your business drug everywhere and told to God only knows who. I am thankful that I am out of the hole that the economy has dug for me. It's people like you that make hard and embarrasing for the ones that really try to better themselves and be clumped into a group. I do not live beyond my meand at all but its the assumption of people that see you in the grocery store with a food stamp card and them looking down on you that makes it bad for us. Thanks god I have the knowledge not to sit in judegment of anyone. That is Gods job.
very wrong

Covington, VA

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>...Your comment makes no sense.Why would I abuse programs like that?? I have no kids and I am not in need of free food or other charity.
OH I SEE THEN YOU ARE A KIDLESS IDIOT WHOM ACTS LIKE HITLER WHY DON'T WE JUST GATHER UP ALL THE POOR FOLKS AND GET RID OF THEM THEN YOU WOULD BE A HAPPIER MORON LOL WOW AND WHAT I POSTED MADE PERFECT SENSE YOU DOUCHE HEAD PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE NO SENSE FIRST OF ALL I DO NOT CONDONE THEFT OF ANY KIND BUT PEOPLE FALL ON HARD TIMES EVERYDAY YOU IDIOT AND LET ME STATE THIS AS WELL WE ALL ARE ONE PAY CHECK FROM A SOUP LINE YOU IDIOT SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BEFORE YOU FALL AND HIT YOUR HEAD WHICH WILL MAKE YOU MORE STUPID!NOT ALL POOR FAMILIES HIT THE FOOD BANKS OR GET CHRISTMAS HELP YOU DIP SH#T!
wondering

Covington, VA

#19 Sep 1, 2011
very wrong wrote:
<quoted text>OH I SEE THEN YOU ARE A KIDLESS IDIOT WHOM ACTS LIKE HITLER WHY DON'T WE JUST GATHER UP ALL THE POOR FOLKS AND GET RID OF THEM THEN YOU WOULD BE A HAPPIER MORON LOL WOW AND WHAT I POSTED MADE PERFECT SENSE YOU DOUCHE HEAD PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE NO SENSE FIRST OF ALL I DO NOT CONDONE THEFT OF ANY KIND BUT PEOPLE FALL ON HARD TIMES EVERYDAY YOU IDIOT AND LET ME STATE THIS AS WELL WE ALL ARE ONE PAY CHECK FROM A SOUP LINE YOU IDIOT SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BEFORE YOU FALL AND HIT YOUR HEAD WHICH WILL MAKE YOU MORE STUPID!NOT ALL POOR FAMILIES HIT THE FOOD BANKS OR GET CHRISTMAS HELP YOU DIP SH#T!
THANNK YOU FOR THE INSIGHT. VERY WELL SAID!;)
seriously

Covington, VA

#20 Sep 1, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
THANNK YOU FOR THE INSIGHT. VERY WELL SAID!;)
...You both sound like complete idiots.Yes iam "kidless" and very happy.I do not agree with people who have kids knowing full well they can not support them.Then these same people feel as though other people should pay for their kids to live and have christmas and even go as far as to complain that their kids did not get what they felt they should have for christmas.A child is like an expensive home you may want one but if you can not afford it you do not have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i need a better job 6 min Knowing 3
rell 7 min RealTalkn 5
Shooter Lske Moomaw 7 min Knowing 38
Ed Donna Lesher 1 hr *%• 3
Roldan 1 hr fyi 4
Erika Delane 3 hr justsaying 9
Casey? 3 hr Wondering 3
ricky chittum (Nov '11) 8 hr Sharrita 8
stand off at the lake 21 hr Good Grief 3

Covington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covington Mortgages