Shortie

Mechanicsville, VA

#103 Mar 6, 2013
How many incehes of snow does COvington/lleghany have?
Weather

Redwood, VA

#104 Mar 6, 2013
Shortie wrote:
How many incehes of snow does COvington/lleghany have?
We got about 2-2.5 inches in Covington, most of it already gone, roads are clear.
diabolus maximus

Covington, VA

#105 Mar 6, 2013
Hey saddened:
Please tell us what part of the country you're in. You say there are plenty of jobs there? Well help us poor, ignorant,
sons a bitches out and tell us where all the jobs are. That's not asking too much from native is it?
mom

Covington, VA

#106 Mar 7, 2013
Get over it and move on!!!
move on

Covington, VA

#107 Mar 7, 2013
move on? what part of this forum do you mean to move on from?
kit kat

Covington, VA

#108 Mar 7, 2013
no wonder sharon school got to stay open ben truett is on the school board and his wife is a school teacher at sharon he shouldnt had been allowed to vote and you know that he wouldnt hadnt voted to close sharon school anyway
whats up with that

Covington, VA

#109 Mar 8, 2013
we found out last night why they closed Falling Spring school. Or should I say we got the run around and the lies from council. The lies are what whill divide this county.
djwilliams

Greenbelt, MD

#110 Mar 8, 2013
business decision! no kids, no money, close it. it's not a shrine. based on the stupid kids they turn out, it should have been closed long ago! thought one of the garten boys was going to save the day!!!!
falling spring parent

Covington, VA

#111 Mar 8, 2013
whose kids are you calling stupid? I have a child that goes there and she is far from being stupid so you should be careful in how you phrase things.
watch what u say

Covington, VA

#112 Mar 8, 2013
I by no means think that fse kids turn out stupid I also agree you need to watch what you say.
not right

Covington, VA

#113 Mar 8, 2013
djwilliams wrote:
business decision! no kids, no money, close it. it's not a shrine. based on the stupid kids they turn out, it should have been closed long ago! thought one of the garten boys was going to save the day!!!!
my kids are not stupid and i find that it is distasteful for you to say that . It is a shrine to some of us. I went there, my children went there and now my grandchildren go there .We are all upset over this but you should not bring the kids into this and say they are stupid that is very disrespectful and uncalled for .
687stop

Covington, VA

#114 Mar 8, 2013
djwilliams wrote:
......Look DJ my 9 year old son has better sentence structure than you! My 7 year old daughter has a better vocabulary and social skills than you do. So, Mr. D.J Williams OUR KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU....NANANABOBO...BULLY
kit kat

Covington, VA

#115 Mar 8, 2013
they wont close sharon because of truett on the school board and he shouldnt had been alowed to vote his wife is a school teacher there
fs parent

Covington, VA

#116 Mar 8, 2013
what is done is done and they wont change their vote and that is fine. Some of us in the area think it would be more reasonable to send the Falling Spring kids to Callaghan than to Mountain View and Boiling Spring to Mountain View. School Board meeting monday night hopefully some of this will be addressed. There are other problems that need to be addressed in the near future with our boards.
haha

Covington, VA

#117 Mar 9, 2013
So Falling Springs is shrine for you and shouldn't be closed... Do you not think parent at the other schools think the same way?

Last time I checked, even if Ben Truett had voted to close BS and FS the vote still woulda been 4-3 and went the same way!!!I guess everyone couldn't pin the whole turn out on Billy Angle so now we will all blame Ben Truett...

No one wanted to see any schools close. Our school system has no money and the county can't keep bailing them out. Do you blame people for not wanting to move here or bring business here? This whole Topix board just proves why. Every time someone farts or one employee for one business makes a mistake it is blasted out all over here!
fs parent

Covington, VA

#118 Mar 9, 2013
if anyone showed up at the meeting Thursday night they knew we never threw Sharon or Mr. Truett under the bus. we tried to find simple ways to help the entire system out not just Falling Spring. Even if it was to keep Boiling spring open and not falling Spring we tried. People dont realize that if we lose all of those Boiling Spring kids to Covington and then you lose half of the Falling spring kids to Covington or Valley the county is going to struggle to make it half way through the fiscal year next year and that is just facts there. That can easily be prevented but someone has to open their ears and listen to common sense plans for once.
fs parent to

Covington, VA

#119 Mar 10, 2013
fs parent wrote:
if anyone showed up at the meeting Thursday night they knew we never threw Sharon or Mr. Truett under the bus. we tried to find simple ways to help the entire system out not just Falling Spring. Even if it was to keep Boiling spring open and not falling Spring we tried. People dont realize that if we lose all of those Boiling Spring kids to Covington and then you lose half of the Falling spring kids to Covington or Valley the county is going to struggle to make it half way through the fiscal year next year and that is just facts there. That can easily be prevented but someone has to open their ears and listen to common sense plans for once.
I was at the meeting and you have it right! They just won't listen to anyone they are going to lose a lot of kids in the long run. I just guess they don't care.
wv parent

Richmond, VA

#120 Mar 10, 2013
will wv kids still go to county school free
morphius

Covington, VA

#122 Mar 12, 2013
Fact is, falling spring was thrown on the chopping block at the last second. The decision to shut down the school was handled too fast. Not enough time was spent to explore other options. That's my beef. Falling spring was given a few weeks of consideration and then BAM! Real smooth school board!
educate yourselves

Covington, VA

#123 Mar 12, 2013
Falling Spring was one of the three schools facing closer. Falling Spring was not thrown on the chopping block just the residents didn't think it would happen to them. So now that they are affected they want to propose solutions to keep their schools open but they were closed mouthed prior when they weren't affected. Really people, the community needs to come together as a whole to do what is right for the entire community not just one location!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subway $2 meal deal Wednesday 3 hr wow 11
McDonalds 4 hr nuts 5
Charlie Murphy 5 hr ChappelleShow 3
D&J's 8 hr karma 16
roman brown 10 hr Billie 4
Matthew Markham 10 hr forgotten1 10
Felicia Downey & Tiffany Paxton 11 hr TheTRUE JWW 7
More from around the web

Covington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE