Officials break ground on new St. Tam...

Officials break ground on new St. Tammany Coroner's office

There are 1 comment on the NOLA,com story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Officials break ground on new St. Tammany Coroner's office. In it, NOLA,com reports that:

A new headquarters that will consolidate all of the St. Tammany Parish Coroner's Office operations will soon be built near Lacombe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA,com.

Hahaha

Red Springs, NC

#1 Jul 21, 2010
A press room being built is a waste of money! Just place a podium on the steps of the building and hold your press conference there...or hold it in the actual office of the coroner. I don't know the cost per square ft. for construction, but that would save alot of money.

What type of family services will be offered at the morgue?

The building is being built on 40 acres of land. Is that much land really necessary?(The building is 23,000 sq. ft.).

Will the 2004 millage be suspended after the building is completed or will some other reason "suddenly come up"! The Gov. has already raised approx.$20 - 24 million since 2004. Thats already twice the cost of the building.

I know we need this building...but the government needs to be a little more frugal with our tax money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Tammany outages reported in Slidell, Lacomb... (Sep '08) Aug 8 Jeff sandrock 33
Mark Traina was tortured by ICU NURSE RAY JENNI... Aug 4 fatuous2 2
Betty Impastato Jul '15 usedtoknowher 1
Andrea and Chad Wells (May '14) Jul '15 dorkycorty 4
Charlie sinopoli (Nov '12) Jul '15 Michelle 21
Gay Teen Looking For Partner Jun '15 getshrektkid 1
Covington police give drivers $100 bills instea... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Smeefy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covington Mortgages