BP: Effort to plug Gulf oil spill going as planned

BP started pumping heavy mud into the leaking Gulf of Mexico well Wednesday and said everything was going as planned in the company's boldest attempt yet to plug the gusher that has spewed millions of gallons of oil over the last five weeks. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
GreatDay

Falcon, NC

#1 May 26, 2010
obummer is a total failure on this one, what has this idiot done as a president, besides screw everything up?
My prediction, he won't run for a second term, he knows he will lose by a landslide!
He will hand the nomination to hillary big butt clinton...but there ain't a dumbocrat in the world that could win in 2012! Adios!
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 26, 2010
GreatDay wrote:
obummer is a total failure on this one, what has this idiot done as a president, besides screw everything up?
My prediction, he won't run for a second term, he knows he will lose by a landslide!
He will hand the nomination to hillary big butt clinton...but there ain't a dumbocrat in the world that could win in 2012! Adios!
Democrat or Republican? Democrat or Republican? Is there a piece of dog crap I can vote for? I'm pretty sure it would do me just as good as voting for either party. Probably better! It wouldn't take a bribe! Sorry,campaign contribution.
Daniel Bliss

United States

#3 May 26, 2010
Why is anyone looking for political scapegoats on this one? Look at the greed at the source of the disaster; no one need look any farther. Anyone blaming Obama is just looking for a reason to slam Obama; any reason would do. Any attempt to blame Bush is simply too late. The executives at the well here are to blame. They thought they knew better than those that did the actual work. They blew it. Let's hope they are held accountable, and spend some quality prison time.
joe

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#4 May 26, 2010
Why are Republicants so stoooopid???
DumbForLife

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 26, 2010
House to vote on raising the oil tax

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/24/news/economy/...

NEW YORK ( CNNMoney.com )-- The House is expected to vote this week on whether to quadruple the oil tax to pay for the damages from the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

But as dramatic as the increase might seem, analysts say that consumers will barely feel it.

The House "oil spill response" measure, included among others in a larger bill, proposes that the tax be increased from its current rate of 8 cents a barrel to 32 cents. This is projected to raise nearly $10 billion over the next 10 years for the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund.

"We're not talking a big impact here; we are talking about adding less than a penny to the cost of the fuel," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service, referring to the impact that the increase would have on the price of gasoline.

According to Kloza's calculations, the 8-cent tax on a barrel of oil works out to 0.19 cents per gallon of gas. He said that an increase to 32 cents on a barrel of oil would equal 0.76 cents per gallon of gas.

(Excerpt)

Who's going to administer this fund? Same clowns that watch over the Social Security "lock-box"?

Any excuse to raise taxes. How much you wanna bet that none of the new tax will go for clean up? It will go to politicians favorite projects and their buddies.guaranteed.

Besides, BP should be paying for all the clean up.

As Rahm Emmanuel says : "Never let a crisis go to waste."
Chev Chelios

Jacksonville, IL

#6 May 26, 2010
Obama's handling of this has been nothing short of a disaster. I am not surprised as the man has not one qualification to be in the position he is in. I look back at the ad nauseum arrogance statement of how he is going to heal the planet. What an imposter. What a disgrace. Has this man no shame? What a train wreck every aspect of this affirmative action administration has been Even Carville is now bashing Obama. What next, Keith Olbermann?
eric

Monroe, WI

#7 May 26, 2010
well lets hope BP can plug this up and stop the leaks!
swedenforever

Baltimore, MD

#8 May 26, 2010
OPEC is laughing..
jdm

Saint Paul, MN

#9 May 26, 2010
bush=obama. The nation deserves better but the republicans and democrats are failed parties. They are bought out. The middle-class and poor are sold out. We need to vote them out.

“Earn it one day at a time”

Since: Sep 09

Madison WI

#10 May 26, 2010
This regime dropped the ball & Obama being only a community leader offers nothin of substance
Butch Whitetrash

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 26, 2010
This would have never happened if Enron remained in firm control of the world's resources! I hear Jeb B coming.........Jeb and Sarah 2012.
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 26, 2010
eric wrote:
well lets hope BP can plug this up and stop the leaks!
I hope they Fail!
Owl Gore

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 26, 2010
drill here, drill now...on land

3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate—
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp...

National Assessment of Oil and Gas Fact Sheet

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2008/3021/pdf/FS08-30...

FAQ’s about Bakken Formation

http://www.usgs.gov/faq/Subject.asp...
Glasnos

Deltona, FL

#14 May 26, 2010
Let's hope BP is successful.
I am sure BO will be quick to take the credit. The teleprompter is warming up ....
LOL

Tampa, FL

#15 May 26, 2010
Effort going as planned??????

damn, just how many millions of gallons of oil did they PLAN to leak into the Gulf.......

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#16 May 26, 2010
Just what was Obama supposed to do? Who would he have to go in there and fix this problem? This isn't a job troops could do. I'm not a Obama supporter, but lets fix this blame where it belongs, squarely on the BP pigs, who took shortcuts to save money, and got caught with their pants down.
TexasStar

Ringgold, GA

#17 May 26, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
Just what was Obama supposed to do? Who would he have to go in there and fix this problem? This isn't a job troops could do. I'm not a Obama supporter, but lets fix this blame where it belongs, squarely on the BP pigs, who took shortcuts to save money, and got caught with their pants down.
I agree, everyone is screaming for Obama to fix this mess, are these the same people that demand government stay out of their affairs? The big business and free enterprise are the answer to everything?? Where is BIG BUSINESS now? Out getting folks lined up with paper towels to clean the mess?? Bush couldn't get bottled water to New Orleans when there was a 5 day warning of the pending disaster, the first reports of the oil leak centered on some idiots in a diner talking about how they love oysters. Carter and Clinton step in and help, they try with other disasters to at least provide support - Bush is the big oil expert, Cheney works for Haliburton who made the defective equipment - so where are their 2 cents?
Maybe this is the "weapons of Mass Destruction" Bush was
looking for in Iraq, he just didn't know it was good old greed and profit right here at home that would destroy America. I say plug the hole in the pipe with Rush's big butt and Karl Roves ego - that should fix it.
TexasStar

Ringgold, GA

#18 May 26, 2010
Glasnos wrote:
Let's hope BP is successful.
I am sure BO will be quick to take the credit. The teleprompter is warming up ....
Get off the teleprompter tripe already, gees with Palin writing on her hand and Bush incapable of a speaking IT MAKES NO SENSE, just because Rush says something - it does not mean you have to repeat it at every opportunity. Good old Rush, who is deaf, sits in his studio reading prepared scripts and humping every product he can for a buck, he is a joke making millions off racist sheep who need an icon for their hate, get over yourselves already, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Now, go get ready for you Klan meeting, opps,
I mean Tea Party.
theonemule

Atlanta, GA

#19 May 26, 2010
about 2 tons of TNT would probably work better.
Heidi Sleeper-Krismer

Barnesville, OH

#20 May 26, 2010
Daniel Bliss wrote: "The executives at the well here are to blame. They thought they knew better than those that did the actual work."
Also a great way to describe our problems with the Obama administration! He doesn't listen to the American People any better than the executives at the well listened to the rig workers!! Hopefully our entire country isn't a completely gushing National Disaster in 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 8 hr Hold on there 3,334
Movie in Abita Sep 16 Curious 1
strauss haus band at Oktoberfest sucked Sep 12 xxx 1
Pointe Coupee police juror says he intends to r... Sep 8 Yawner 5
Margaret Coon Murder Case: Mandeville, LA Sep 3 thecrimedog 1
just4him Sep 2 marilyn 1
Andrea and Chad Wells Aug 31 Crawfords Wife 2
•••
•••
•••

Covington Jobs

•••
•••