Head of oil spill claims fund heads back to Gulf

Jun 22, 2010 Full story: WLS 57

A federal judge struck down the Obama administration's six-month ban on deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, saying the government rashly concluded that because one rig failed, the others are in immediate danger, too.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2010
BAM! Federal judge pops Obama in the Gums!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Obama = a terrible rash. Remove it!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Why can't Obama get anything right?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#5 Jun 22, 2010
Fed Judge: Obama Misled, halts Obama's oil-drilling ban

June 22, 2010
By Stephen Dinan

A federal judge in New Orleans halted President Obama's deepwater drilling moratorium on Tuesday, saying the government never justified the ban and appeared to mislead the public in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Judge Martin L.C. Feldman issued an injunction, saying that the moratorium will hurt drilling-rig operators and suppliers and that the government has not proved an outright ban is needed, rather than a more limited moratorium.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/...
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#6 Jun 22, 2010
Where are the jobs, we really need them now, Obama fired those oil rigg workers when he placed the moratorium. I am glad the court overturned it. Of course Obama is appealing so those who work on the riggs and support the workers on the riggs will not have a job. Thanks a lot Obama.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#7 Jun 22, 2010
Gibbs says the government has to figure out what went wrong.

Gee, what have these buffoons been doing for the last 2 months? GOLFING? WORLD CUP? WH CONCERTS? Vacations?

FOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!

Come on! Get your sorry arse to work Maggot O!
Ross

Fruitland Park, FL

#8 Jun 22, 2010
Here is a supposed constitution scholar who doesn't know law well enough to know when he is overreaching. The 5th will sustain Judge Feldman's decision.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#9 Jun 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
Fed Judge: Obama Misled, halts Obama's oil-drilling ban
June 22, 2010
By Stephen Dinan
A federal judge in New Orleans halted President Obama's deepwater drilling moratorium on Tuesday, saying the government never justified the ban and appeared to mislead the public in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Judge Martin L.C. Feldman issued an injunction, saying that the moratorium will hurt drilling-rig operators and suppliers and that the government has not proved an outright ban is needed, rather than a more limited moratorium.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/...
Oh yes, heaven forbid we actually try to figure out what went wrong so we could prevent things like this happening again. What sense would that make? That Republican mantra of "Drill baby drill" has the same cadence as the followers of Imotep from the Mummy movie.
If I were the President, I'd tell the 'fine' folks of Louisiana and this judge
"Fine, go ahead drill more, drill deeper, but when it all goes to hell again don't come crying to the government to do something about it. We tried that route before and your judge here decided against it. Oh and by the way that 20 billion that we had saved up for you fine folks...forget it, it's going back to BP."

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#10 Jun 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
Why can't Obama get anything right?
When will the right get out of the way and let him?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#11 Jun 22, 2010
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, heaven forbid we actually try to figure out what went wrong so we could prevent things like this happening again. What sense would that make? That Republican mantra of "Drill baby drill" has the same cadence as the followers of Imotep from the Mummy movie.
If I were the President, I'd tell the 'fine' folks of Louisiana and this judge
"Fine, go ahead drill more, drill deeper, but when it all goes to hell again don't come crying to the government to do something about it. We tried that route before and your judge here decided against it. Oh and by the way that 20 billion that we had saved up for you fine folks...forget it, it's going back to BP."
ROFL! So what's Obama been doing for the last 2 months? Golf? Vacations? World Cup? Date Night? DNC Fund Raisers? WH Rock Concerts?

Did Obama get the experts to back a moratorium? NO! He made this sh*t up!

Obama misled! That is an understatement! Obama LIED & the Judege DENIED!

You now want to take away the BP money? Geesh! Make up your mind de commissar! ROFL!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#12 Jun 22, 2010
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
When will the right get out of the way and let him?
Who is blocking Obamy? He's had a leftist Demoscat Controlled Congress since DAY 1!

- OUCH!-

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
When will the right get out of the way and let him?
LOL. Thats funny. You think a career politician can lead? Your so called president is not a leader. He is a stooge. A puppet. Follow the strings. It is not about D's or R's. He is a global corpatist.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Jun 22, 2010
This federal judge ought to be defrocked. The temporary ban on deep water oil drilling is a wise and temperate move. In short, we need to stop doing it until we know what we're doing. This ruling should be overturned immediately.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#15 Jun 22, 2010
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
This federal judge ought to be defrocked. The temporary ban on deep water oil drilling is a wise and temperate move. In short, we need to stop doing it until we know what we're doing. This ruling should be overturned immediately.
The judge determined Obama MISLED and didn't even use the Experts reports to justify his knee-jerk decision.

.
.

Fed Judge: Obama Misled, halts Obama's oil-drilling ban

June 22, 2010
By Stephen Dinan

A federal judge in New Orleans halted President Obama's deepwater drilling moratorium on Tuesday, saying the government never justified the ban and appeared to mislead the public in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Judge Martin L.C. Feldman issued an injunction, saying that the moratorium will hurt drilling-rig operators and suppliers and that the government has not proved an outright ban is needed, rather than a more limited moratorium.

He also said the Interior Department also misstated the opinion of the experts it consulted. Those experts from the National Academy of Engineering have said they don't support the blanket ban.

"Much to the government's discomfort and this Court's uneasiness, the summary also states that 'the recommendations contained in this report have been peer-reviewed by seven experts identified by the National Academy of Engineering.' As the plaintiffs, and the experts themselves, pointedly observe, this statement was misleading," Judge Feldman said in his 22-page ruling.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#16 Jun 22, 2010
~ BOMBSHELL!~ Obama Admin Justified Less Rig Inspections in MMS Budget!

May 18, 2010

After Obama’s much-ballyhooed triangulation around offshore drilling as a key component of his energy policy, the Deep Water Horizon had a Blowout killing 11 workers in the explosion that destroyed the rig.

A little know fact is that Obama's MMS established some new principles for safety inspection and appeared to be concerned more with risk assessment than covering every facility according to their "Budgetary Justification" report".

The most recent budget request from the Department of Interior states outright that “MMS focuses compliance efforts on those operators whose performance does not meet certain targets.”

~ BOMBSHELL!~

What this means is that they are focused on the facilities with the greatest risk. And to that end, MMS explained in its budget request that while it completed around 27,000 inspections in FY2009 (the last year of the Bush administration), it anticipated completing fewer inspections in both ‘10 and ‘11 – 22,000 and 23,000 respectively.

~ BOMBSHELL!~

And for that reason, it’s possible that TransOcean’s Deepwater Horizon may not have been on its radar screen.

For instance, according to TransOcean’s own internal magazine, Deepwater Horizon in the spring of 2009 reached its sixth year without a major safety problem or a ‘lost time incident.’ Which may mean that the TransOcean rig was not subject to the kind of scrutiny that other more troubled platforms received from MMS inspectors. It certainly didn’t sound like it was considered a ‘high-risk’ rig by anyone in the industry.

Meanwhile, paired with MMS’s new slimmed down approach to inspections was a brand new set of responsibilities for the agency – renewable energy development under the Obama administration’s commitment of to developing green energy. While modest resources were devoted to renewable energy before Obama came in, the President’s new people at MMS got $21 million for programs (with a small bump this year) that would “enable MMS to further identify and address any major challenges to issuing commercial leases for generation of renewable energy by increasing its visibility and accessibility to major stakeholders.” Basically, an agency focused on fossil fuel resources – you know,“minerals”– is now spending tens of millions of dollars to get into things like tidal or wind energy – sort of like the turbines approved to be built off Cape Cod earlier in the week.

This is a classic example of bureaucratic ‘mission creep’ where a new responsbility (and a bigger budget) is sought out by a government entity, while core responsibilities wither on the vine because they aren’t the hot new thing. An agency which may not have been doing a stupendous job in its main areas of concern decides to focus its attention on something cool and new, like green energy.

While I’m suggesting that the offshore drilling safety wasn’t a principal concern of anyone in the administration, it will be easy for others to blame ‘Big Oil’ for the disaster.

Marcus Baram at the Huffington Post did some deep digging into federal records and found that companies like BP, which leased the Deepwater Horizon from TransOcean, fought some proposed safety rules last year. But that doesn’t come as much of a surprise – opposing regulations is what American corporations do.

And it’s also not hard to imagine a good reason companies like BP would have for opposing new regulations: a lack of regulators to enforce them. But hey, if BP is looking for a tidal energy lease…

http://www.doi.gov/budget/2011/data/greenbook...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

http://beaconmag.com/Archives/Archive_Spring0...

http://trueslant.com/level/2010/04/30/obama-s...

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#17 Jun 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! So what's Obama been doing for the last 2 months? Golf? Vacations? World Cup? Date Night? DNC Fund Raisers? WH Rock Concerts?
Did Obama get the experts to back a moratorium? NO! He made this sh*t up!
Obama misled! That is an understatement! Obama LIED & the Judege DENIED!
You now want to take away the BP money? Geesh! Make up your mind de commissar! ROFL!
And if this were say John McCain, you'd be hearlding him as a forward thinker, who was trying to get to the bottom of the issue, and to make sure this sort of disaster didn't happen again. But seeing as you just flat out dislike President Obama, he can't possibly do the right thing even when he does.

But then again if John McCain were President, this judge wouldn't have done what he did, so the point would be moot.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#18 Jun 22, 2010
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, heaven forbid we actually try to figure out what went wrong so we could prevent things like this happening again. What sense would that make? That Republican mantra of "Drill baby drill" has the same cadence as the followers of Imotep from the Mummy movie.
If I were the President, I'd tell the 'fine' folks of Louisiana and this judge
"Fine, go ahead drill more, drill deeper, but when it all goes to hell again don't come crying to the government to do something about it. We tried that route before and your judge here decided against it. Oh and by the way that 20 billion that we had saved up for you fine folks...forget it, it's going back to BP."
yes, because it IS such a clear danger ... my god! to date, these things blow once every .... uh, once every, 60 YEARS.

what would make the MOST sense is to not force these wells into such deep water. there are LOTS of places in much shallower water, and (dare i say it?) DRY LAND that obama won't allow drilling.
open those areas and these types of accidents WON'T happen!

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#19 Jun 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is blocking Obamy? He's had a leftist Demoscat Controlled Congress since DAY 1!
- OUCH!-
This guy for one:

&fe ature=related

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SenateDemocrats#p...

and then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SenateDemocrats#p...

as you like to say....OUCH!
WORST PREZ EVER

Baldwin, WI

#20 Jun 22, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
BAM! Federal judge pops Obama in the Gums!
AND a black judge to boot...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#22 Jun 22, 2010
WORST PREZ EVER wrote:
<quoted text>AND a black judge to boot...
judge martin feldman is not black

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets have fun Fri Jay 1
Covington police give drivers $100 bills instea... Dec 24 Smeefy 1
Louisiana National Guard welcomes new command s... Dec 8 NCO_A 1
latest plan Dec 7 havemercy 4
Albums Springs Sonic- cute brunette with glasse... Nov '14 Curious 2
Looking for weed in mandeville la Nov '14 xpz350 1
Some Band Called LA Wanted? Oct '14 Covington1 2

Flood Warning for St Tammany Parish was issued at December 27 at 8:30AM CST

Covington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Covington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Covington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Covington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:01 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:01PM
Andre Johnson surprised his uncle said he's open to a pay cut
NBC Sports 4:37 PM
Saints place Pierre Thomas, Akiem Hicks on IR
NFL 7:31 AM
Jimmy Graham on injury: 'A battle every game'
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
Watt could be first defensive player since 2008 to get an MVP vote
Bleacher Report 8:30 AM
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Complete Week 17 Preview for New Orleans