Antigay and Exgay Candidate Mayoral C...

Antigay and Exgay Candidate Mayoral Candidate Drops From Race

There are 3 comments on the Advocate story from May 19, 2012, titled Antigay and Exgay Candidate Mayoral Candidate Drops From Race. In it, Advocate reports that:

Dara McDowell, a candidate for mayor of Covington, Kentucky and an ex-gay mother of eight, whose platform including fighting the "homosexual agenda," has dropped out of the race May 15, reports website Back2Stonewall .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

Shelly G

Covington, KY

#1 May 21, 2012
I hope she doesn't win. It's really disturbing.
Holy Cow

Cincinnati, OH

#2 May 23, 2012
Shelly G wrote:
I hope she doesn't win. It's really disturbing.
How could she possibly win? She stopped playing.

Whatís really disturbing is her insistence on running bare only to declare herself unworthy. Thatís embarrassing on a way that being a lesbian isnít.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 May 23, 2012
My favorite line from the article:

"McDowell intends to further her studies on the issue of homosexuality by reading her Bible more, asking God for insights, and talking with pastors and other Christians."

Dara, honey, isn't that what got you in this mess in the first place? You've already "studied" yourself into blithering ignorance on the subject by reading your Bible, asking God for insight, etcetera, what in whatever passes for your right mind do you imagine that doing more of the same is going to help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
angela bromley melford 2 hr sick 1
Monty Melford 2 hr sick 1
Newport Schools Safety 3 hr BCaldwell 2
Only Cowards walk the streets with Pit bull dogs 10 hr Consernd Citizen 1
Donnie Griess Wed Sneakybitch 1
Jenny Sue Iles murder (Feb '10) Feb 21 smh 218
I'm Horny any takers. Straight Male Feb 17 Stipe Miocic 2

Covington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance