Social worker's suit charges retaliation

Apr 23, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

A state social worker from Madison County has filed a lawsuit alleging that he was suspended from his job in retaliation for attempting to report wrongdoing by child protection officials that endangered children - including cases in which children were placed in the custody of known sex offenders.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of282
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
what

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

what is this? just borring il news?
larry

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

It's about time Madison county's social service dept is exposed for their incompetence
YES

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

The gentleman who spoke out is a hero in my mind. He is really a protector of children. What he did took guts and if we had more people like him, what a wonderful world it would be.
Knowing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

The social worker has an awful difficult job. Some of them do care and do try to protect children. Clay is one of them. I wish people would not be so quick to put social workers down. It takes a special kind of person to do what they have to do. And until you have walked in their shoes don't judge them.
the jerk

Aberdeen, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

When the smoke clears this guy will have shown why Ky had the highest death rate for children due to abuse in the nation.
Take back the Night

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Should this hero check this site, he can connect with Justice for Children, Children against Court appointed Child Abuse, or Battered Womens Custody Conference for expert witness testimony that he will find useful. WE would LOVE to have some people from protective services on our side! He may never work as a social service worker again but he may be hired as an expert witness for these cases in KY and perhaps elsewhere. These organizations will help hook him up! Praise God it looks like help is on the way!
what

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Georgetown, KY
who

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

What about Georgetown KY?
To tell you the truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Instead of suspending him they ought to make him the head of Madison county's Social Services office. Seems like he is one of only a handful of social workers that give a d#mn about the kids. What about butting kids in the same homes with known sex offenders, if something happens to those children then the worker that put them there should face charges and be put on the sex offender register list for life.
maybe we oughta

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Maybe we ought to show up at this hearing so that the judge can see the public is on his side. That is the only way to counter all the money and power that will be on the opposing side. Anybody else want to go and how do we find out when the trial is and where?
To tell you the truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

maybe we oughta wrote:
Maybe we ought to show up at this hearing so that the judge can see the public is on his side. That is the only way to counter all the money and power that will be on the opposing side. Anybody else want to go and how do we find out when the trial is and where?
It says in the story that he filed it in Franklin Circuit court so, I'd say it would be in Frankfort. But it doesn't say when or what time.
thankful

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

I am thankful it is not being held in Madison County where back door politics would interfere. I would say there are workers all over the state like this guy who are afraid to speak out for fear of loosing their job or being black balled.
Take back the Night

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

It will be in Franklin Co, I don't see a court date yet. It is #10-CI-00684, and will watch for it. YES, the more that go the better it will be. Make sure you sit on the Plaintiffs side. Just be well behaved, no outbursts. LOL. A dignified presence of numbers can make a difference if the judge is teetering. We will also be informed, and the numbers help keep the dishonest in the system honest. No doubt this person has met up with several dishonest folks in the system, and they may hire similar types.
curious

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Take back the Night wrote:
It will be in Franklin Co, I don't see a court date yet. It is #10-CI-00684, and will watch for it. YES, the more that go the better it will be. Make sure you sit on the Plaintiffs side. Just be well behaved, no outbursts. LOL. A dignified presence of numbers can make a difference if the judge is teetering. We will also be informed, and the numbers help keep the dishonest in the system honest. No doubt this person has met up with several dishonest folks in the system, and they may hire similar types.
Who terminated him?
citizens advocate

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

thankful wrote:
I am thankful it is not being held in Madison County where back door politics would interfere. I would say there are workers all over the state like this guy who are afraid to speak out for fear of loosing their job or being black balled.
You are absolutely right! There are social workers in Madison County who go to work everyday and do their absolute best to make thought-out, sensible decisions. There are others who base their decisions on who they're friends with, their own personal agenda...it's happening right now, and my prayer is that these people are brought to justice. I do believe their time is coming, and there will be some job openings soon... To everyone who has complaints about state workers, you have a duty to report to the Ombudsman office. Go to www.ky.gov e keyword Ombudsman. They're going to have to eventually be held accountable!
Take back the Night

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who terminated him?
The specific person, I don't know but the case is CLEMENT, CLAY VS. CABINET FOR HEALTH AND FAMILY SERVICES. I am really hoping I can watch the hearing and find out though. I would like to assemble a $hit list and ask potential candidates if they will get rid of them if they are hired. It is beginning to look like that list will have to be on a flash drive.
Take back the Night

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

This is a nationwide problem, here are a few more links. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

http://protectingourchildrenfrombeingsold.wor...

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/179...

Please pray for all these kids, and the few, workers who actually help them.

You know we are mandated to report abuse, but they are not required to investigate all reports.

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

If only they could clean out the cabinet in Kenton County. Most of the social workers are sorry and dont care
doglady56

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

To tell you the truth wrote:
Instead of suspending him they ought to make him the head of Madison county's Social Services office. Seems like he is one of only a handful of social workers that give a d#mn about the kids. What about butting kids in the same homes with known sex offenders, if something happens to those children then the worker that put them there should face charges and be put on the sex offender register list for life.
YES HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE KIDS, BECAUSE IF IT WASNT FOR HIM THE CHILD I HAVE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND NO ONE BUT clay give a shit. HE IS THE ONLY WORKER IN THAT OFFICE THAT CAN DO THE JOB AND DO IT RIGHT. GOD BLESS YOU CLAY AND WE ARE BEHIND YOU 100%. YOUR ARE HER CLAY MAN. BARBARA SENDS HER LOVE. GO ALL THE WAY WE WILL BE BEHIND YOU.
doglady56

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

YES i WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE COURT ROOM WHEN THIS IS GOING DOWN AND THE LITTLE GIRL CLAY HELP GET OUT OF A HELL HOLE. WORKER AFTER WORKER WAS CALLED ABOUT THIS CHILD AND NOT ONE LISTEN TO THIS CHILD ,THEY TOLD HER SHE HAD TO DO WHAT HER PARNETS TOLD HER . THE TEACHERS, NO ONE HELPED THIS CHILD ,FROM THE AGE OF 8 YEARS OLD TILL 12 THIS CHILD WAS ABUSE BY HER MOTHER AND FATHER AND THE WORKERS TOLD HER THEY SAW NOTHING WRONG WITH HER PARNETS. LOCKED IN CLOSETS MADE TO DO THINGS SHE DIDNT WANT TO DO ,BUT NO THE WOMEN IN THAT OFFICE TURNED THIER HEADS,TILL ONE DAY CLAY GOT THE CASE AND THIS CHILD WAS REMOVED AND AFTER MANY TRIPS TO DOCTORS, AND TALKING ABOUT HER PROPLEMS SHE IS A VERY HAPPY 17 YEAR OLD BUT HAS MANY MANY MANY SCARS !THANKS TO THE YOUNG WOMEN AT THE CABNET THAT TURNED THIER HEADS AND LET THIS HAPPEN.YES CLAY BARBARA WANTS TO BE IN THAT COURT ROOM AND SO DO I. GOD BLESS YOU BECAUSE I WOULDNT HAVE THIS CHILD NOW IF YOU DIDNT STEP UP AND SAY LOOK THIS IS WRONG.PLEASE SOMEONE LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN AND WERE BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY THAT WANT TO BE THERE FOR CLAY LIKE HE WAS FOR US!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of282
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Covington Discussions

Search the Covington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 55 min Mao-bama Zombies 139,203
Soothing Expersions 1 hr Gene 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr redeemer 25,983
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 16 hr Republicans Are Stupid 16,032
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 hr Anne52 81,266
Task Master business owner 17 hr Creative thinking 18
OMG did you hear 23 hr Yep 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Covington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Covington People Search