Longtime Burch Ford dealership of La Habra closes

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Marty Burch and his family gave it everything they could. He and his 70-year-old business - Burch Ford - had weathered recessions before.
Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rick H

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

I worked for Burch Ford for 4 years and it was a good place to work. Marty Burch was good to work for and if they ever went back into the auto biz again I would work for them. It was out of the way as no freeway by it but we always tried to take care of customers. I still talk to a few of the guys I worked with in the parts dept.
mike hansen

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mr marty burch and family are the best people i have ever worked for in my 42 years in the auto business gary and mike hogan were and treated me like family i will always respect them mikehansen3@hotmail.com
Brett

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

William Burch wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you never had a chance to know how good of a man Bill Burch was and how still a great man my father Marty is. Im sorry you feel that way about them.
Hello Bill, you were my upper level buddy. Just seeing how you are doing. I hope great! Take care buddy.
Brett Ballantyne
Really

Tustin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Too bad about its closing.
Tony Jiordano

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

William Burch wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you never had a chance to know how good of a man Bill Burch was and how still a great man my father Marty is. Im sorry you feel that way about them.
I worked for your grandfather Bill and then your dad Marty. I even met your great grandfather. I can't rember his first name, but I was told that he was a sheriff when he was younger. I'll tell you what, they really took care of their employees. I remember the Christmas partys at their bowling alley. I remember when your dad Marty was on the tv show "Liars Club". I hope he is doing ok now.
Joseph Drysol

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Brice spencer wrote:
The kid or son Marty Burch drank the company out of business.He was the biggest drunk on earth.So was his father.
If he was such a drunk then why did the folks there treat you with respect and dignity!Always gave you a fair price on service work and even help me out on warranty work when other dealers wouldn't help me at all.
Never hear a bad word about the owners ever!!
I guess you are the drunk and don't realize it as most drunks would.
I got nothing but fair and square deals from Burch Ford and always sent people there to see the service manager whom I found out later was married to one wife co-workers daughter but he was always helpful and if knew anything about the father being a drunk I am sure he would said something but he never did.
He was a great service manager and even when we moved to Colorado he remember us 2 years later and still took care of us and call us by our first names.
A great dealership and not like Don Steves who committed suicide and was a drinker.I never got a deals from Don Steve now there was a drunk and everyone knew it too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Covina News Video

•••
•••

Covina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE