15-year-old girl arrested in Whittier in stepfather's death

There are 35 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Apr 14, 2010, titled 15-year-old girl arrested in Whittier in stepfather's death. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A 15-year-old girl has been arrested on suspicion of fatally stabbing her stepfather last year in Riverside County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lt Dan

West Covina, CA

#24 Apr 17, 2010
15 will get you 20!
qwerty

Whittier, CA

#26 Apr 19, 2010
wow
Whittier Parent

Whittier, CA

#27 Apr 19, 2010
children personalities are the result of how their
parents teach. I was too lenient with my first.
the child is okay but did hit a few walls. my others are doing great. just like life, the more chances you get the better you get. of all things
this girl and her pervert boyfriend are done.
put a you know what in the man when he gets to the big house.
AGirlNamedHope

Bakersfield, CA

#28 Apr 21, 2010
smh wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case then what a great man to take in his step-daughter, when most men don't even step up for their own biological children. Selfish and ungrateful teens.
There's no evidence to prove this girl had anything to do with the murder of her father, the evidence is only circumstanstial so far. And Fernando was not this girl's stepfather, he was her biological father. Get the facts.
THE COOL GUY

Pasadena, CA

#29 Apr 21, 2010
AGirlNamedHope wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence to prove this girl had anything to do with the murder of her father, the evidence is only circumstanstial so far. And Fernando was not this girl's stepfather, he was her biological father. Get the facts.
The evidence was presented to the DA's office. A year later, they arrest her and press charges for MURDER. I think that they have SOMETHING on her other thaen circumstantial evidence. If that was the case the prosecutors would of never been able to get a warrant for Murder in this case.

I personally wonder if she attended the funeral services and If she did I wonder what in the world she was thinking about at the time.

Very sad. One life ends, 2 a ruined and MANY will never be the same.
mom 2

Beaumont, CA

#30 Apr 21, 2010
Whittier Parent wrote:
children personalities are the result of how their
parents teach. I was too lenient with my first.
the child is okay but did hit a few walls. my others are doing great. just like life, the more chances you get the better you get. of all things
this girl and her pervert boyfriend are done.
put a you know what in the man when he gets to the big house.
Ethics or Personalities??
smh

Sacramento, CA

#31 Apr 22, 2010
AGirlNamedHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill, what's it to you? I'm just reading what was posted in the NEWS, so if you don't like it then take it up with the editor...tell them to get the facts straight before they post it for everyone to read.
a friend

Los Angeles, CA

#33 May 27, 2010
I knew Fernando castillo for many years he was a very good father and a good person he did not deserve to die like this and yes, the daughter was in the funeral like nothing happened I'm so glad that she was arrested.
AFriendOfTheFami ly

Montebello, CA

#34 Jul 23, 2010
a friend wrote:
I knew Fernando castillo for many years he was a very good father and a good person he did not deserve to die like this and yes, the daughter was in the funeral like nothing happened I'm so glad that she was arrested.
Yes, it's true...she was there at the funeral. One of Fernando's siblings later confided in me that ... in observing her...the daughter's grief was not geniune and her behavior was a bit odd.
Fernando's sibling suspected even back then, in December 2009, that she was somehow involved. This sibling was DEEPLY, DEEPLY SADDENED by Fernando's death and was EXTREMELY troubled by the thought of Fernando's own daughter playing a role in his death, NEVERTHELESS, this sibling demands that JUSTICE BE SERVED!! Even if it means the niece will more likely serve a long jail sentence.
AFriendOfTheFami ly

Montebello, CA

#35 Jul 23, 2010
THE COOL GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence was presented to the DA's office. A year later, they arrest her and press charges for MURDER. I think that they have SOMETHING on her other thaen circumstantial evidence. If that was the case the prosecutors would of never been able to get a warrant for Murder in this case.
I personally wonder if she attended the funeral services and If she did I wonder what in the world she was thinking about at the time.
Very sad. One life ends, 2 a ruined and MANY will never be the same.
Yes, it's true...she was there at the funeral. One of Fernando's siblings later confided in me that ... in observing her...the daughter's grief was not geniune and her behavior was a bit odd.
Fernando's sibling suspected even back then, in December 2009, that she was somehow involved. This sibling was DEEPLY, DEEPLY SADDENED by Fernando's death and was EXTREMELY troubled by the thought of Fernando's own daughter playing a role in his death, NEVERTHELESS, this sibling demands that JUSTICE BE SERVED!! Even if it means the niece will more likely serve a long jail sentence.
la girl

Woodland Hills, CA

#36 Sep 13, 2010
friendofthevictimsfamily wrote:
<quoted text>
CLARIFICATION: Fernando Castillo was a GOOD GUY...HE WAS NOT MOLESTING HER!! Girl was out of control and mom disapproved of her relationship with 21 year old boyfriend. Mom sent her to live with her dad in the hopes that the dad would be able to control her and in the hopes that distance would discourage them from seeing each other. FERNANDO DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE, MUCH LESS BE BETRAYED BY HIS OWN DAUGHTER, THE DAUGHTER HE LOVED AND ALWAYS TRIED TO PROTECT!!! FERNANDO'S FAMILY IS ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED...IT WAS A SENSELESS MURDER THAT HAS DESTROYED MANY LIVES!!!
maybe you should take a look at the evidence before talking about how this childmolester was such a great guy
Family friend

La Paz, Mexico

#37 Dec 5, 2010
la girl wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should take a look at the evidence before talking about how this childmolester was such a great guy
Fernando was never a childmolester. He wasn't a good guy, he was an AMAZING guy and an incredible friend...
Corona resident

United States

#38 Nov 11, 2012
Why happen to the 12 year that was with them?
hmmmm

Fontana, CA

#39 Jul 2, 2013
what happen to the 12 year that was there living with fernando?
hill

AOL

#40 Jul 2, 2013
My Opinion is the Truth wrote:
Sounds like this kid is mentally ill!
your opinion is shit.she was being molested by him.she did not kill him.she asked for help.someone kill him not her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Activity on Saranac Drive 33 min onewhoknows 3
Good to be Quaffed 38 min Zoom Zoom Zoom 1
This is the 4th topic headlining Erica 1 hr The Commish 8
Glendora patch facebook going down tubes 1 hr The Commish 8
Tuttle the Stalker & Creepy 2 hr Oops 2
Beware American Solar Electric Owned by Ricardo... 2 hr Facts 7
Pacheco pays off the cops for all their help (Dec '13) 2 hr Facts 6
More from around the web

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE