Longtime West Covina resident leaves ...

Longtime West Covina resident leaves entire estate to benefit c...

There are 15 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 13, 2010, titled Longtime West Covina resident leaves entire estate to benefit c.... In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Katherine Castucci left everything she had to a community she loved. When she died, Castucci, who lived in West Covina for 50 years and often spoke her mind during City Council meetings, gave her entire estate to benefit the West Covina Police Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

read

San Bernardino, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2010
sucker
A concerned citizen

West Covina, CA

#2 Feb 14, 2010
While I am impressed at Ms. Castucci's generosity, and her involvement with the police dept. I do not have fond memories dealng with her on a personal level. After her husband passed away I went to her yard sale and really was appalled at what she was attempting to sell things for. Better deals could have been found on new items at Sears. Another was the planning commission meetings involving the at the time proposed East Valley Medical Center building. The mean spirited comments she made about the underpriviliged that this clinic served were totally a sad self commentary about this woman. I will not deny that there were problems at the beginning with the clients during the move to temporary facilities, but management (unfortunately too late) dealt with this and did a commendable job to protect and keep the neighborhood clean. All of this was entirely overlooked by Ms. C and the immediate neighbors. As I have driven past her former home I wondered what had happened to her. I was unaware of her passing. I suppose we should be thankful to her for this gift, but given the state of things now would she have given it?
Junping Jim

Pasadena, CA

#3 Feb 14, 2010
I think a better use of the ladies estate would have been to the City of Hope, or St Judes Children's Hospital.
read

San Bernardino, CA

#4 Feb 14, 2010
thank you. you guys have better posts i like ronald mc donald house i work in pd lots waste like calling roto rooter for plumbing
Dirt Destroyer

Laton, CA

#5 Feb 14, 2010
What a waste of a bequeth.She may as well have bet it on the crap tables in Vegas for all the good this will do.A fool and his money.
kss

Westminster, CA

#6 Feb 14, 2010
It is her money and she can do anything she wants with it. What right does anyone have to say what she should have done. She should have done what she did.

Who is to deny that the cops are not the thin blue line the saves us from anarchy.

Thank you WCPD you, and all of your bothers, deserve our thanks.
You can leave to whomever

Grass Valley, CA

#7 Feb 14, 2010
Junping Jim wrote:
I think a better use of the ladies estate would have been to the City of Hope, or St Judes Children's Hospital.
It's America! You're free to give to whomever you chose :)
Ditto

Grass Valley, CA

#8 Feb 14, 2010
kss wrote:
It is her money and she can do anything she wants with it. What right does anyone have to say what she should have done. She should have done what she did.
Who is to deny that the cops are not the thin blue line the saves us from anarchy.
Thank you WCPD you, and all of your bothers, deserve our thanks.
Well said. The haters on this blog most likely will die pennyless anyway. Thank you WCPD for putting your lives at risk to keep us safe. God bless you and your families!
Catherine The Great

West Covina, CA

#9 Feb 14, 2010
Incredible generosity, West Covina is proud to have residents who care about the city enough to give so much to its betterment. Katherine would love to challenge you bloggers who disagree with her plan. She would eat you up and spit you out. She was from Brooklyn. She wore her feelings on her sleeve. Bring it on, she'll deal with you in heaven.
oh brooklyn

Whittier, CA

#10 Feb 14, 2010
Catherine The Great wrote:
Incredible generosity, West Covina is proud to have residents who care about the city enough to give so much to its betterment. Katherine would love to challenge you bloggers who disagree with her plan. She would eat you up and spit you out. She was from Brooklyn. She wore her feelings on her sleeve. Bring it on, she'll deal with you in heaven.
Thats why she loved to fight, Brooklyn? Whatever. New yorkers are rude.
Got Doughnut

Burbank, CA

#11 Feb 15, 2010
Junping Jim wrote:
I agree, some other charities could have used it more.
Just the Facts

West Covina, CA

#12 Feb 15, 2010
Got Doughnut wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, some other charities could have used it more.
Well you can talk the talk can you walk the walk Got Doughnut. Donate your money to those charities and those charities are fine you mentioned. But like alot of people you tend to talk and not do sh*t. You comment alot about West Covina look around where you live. You ask the average person where you would like to live West Covina or Azusa. You have streets the police can't even drive down. I wish the area had moe people like Katherine Castucci who worked hard and saved. Got Doughnut get off your welfare check and get a job, one person in your family should be able to get a job in the next 20 years since the past 50 years your family hasn't done sh*t! Don't forget your 5Lb. block of Cheese.
TruthSeeker

Covina, CA

#13 Jun 23, 2012
Just curious……….. How much of Ms. Castucci's money has actually been used for anything related to the West Covina police department. From what I understand, council members Steve Herfert and now Mayor Michael Touhey appointed themselves executors of the estate. I've personally seen and read about a number of fan fared events where and when either one of the self appointed executors of the foundation's assets (Herfert or Touhey) dole out money to causes of "their" choosing, making themselves look like the generous ones. If anyone should be thankful for Ms. Castucci's generosity, it should be those two West Covina council members since it has and continues to garner influence and buy them votes.
Car Parker

Azusa, CA

#14 Jun 24, 2012
Its a shame Toughy spent her money on him self instead of directing it to the police department like Ms. Castucci wanted.

Recall that fat bastard.
Car Parker

Azusa, CA

#15 Jun 24, 2012
You can leave to whomever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's America! You're free to give to whomever you chose :)
To bad we have politicians like Touhey ready to steal her money. It should have went to the community.

Recall that fat bastard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,269
Never trust crooked Russians 5 hr back handers 2
Those were the days Glendora 7 hr Hum Ho 3
Glendora blazing 7 hr BAY times 3
Pacheco caught in police raid Green Spa in BP 12 hr Pacheco Caught 1
Lozano and Sergio Corona GAY Lovers on BP Polic... 12 hr Lozano Corrupt 1
Packies like to beat women Sat round 3 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covina Mortgages