Woman hit by car in Covina

Woman hit by car in Covina

There are 5 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Woman hit by car in Covina. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A woman who was hit by a car early this morning is expected to recover, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

eugene

West Covina, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2008
For oil, California is the quickest relief. Existing platforms there would allow access to some of the leases companies paid $1.1 billion for in 1981, but have been precluded from developing for 26 years. California is the nation's largest consumer of gasoline, so it could go directly to their extensive refinery network, also. The estimates are that 10 billion barrels exist off the coast of California, and tankers full of imported oil and Alaska North Slope oil go through those protected waters every day.
Santa Barbara is also home to one of the largest oil seep trends ever observed, and in one small area 100 bbls per day seep to the surface, except around an existing producing platform that releases the pressure causing the seeps. 100% of the oil on the beaches in Santa Barbara county, and 50% of the oil on the beaches of LA County are caused by Santa Barbara's seeps. The local group Stop Oil Seeps advocates drilling there to improve the environment.
(reprinted from powerline blog)
Theresa

Long Beach, CA

#2 Aug 14, 2008
What does that have to do with a woman getting hit by a car?
Carman

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2008
I have lived in Covina for 30 years and am amazed at the lack of respect pedestrians get here!!! I have witnessed on a daily basis all over Covina people nearly hit when they are legally crossing the street. Just yesterday I watched a man not only cut me off but miss a young man crossing by only inches and when we both yelled at him he just laughed! Come on CPD do something! Issue some tickets would you!!!!

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#4 Aug 16, 2008
"She appeared to be crossing the street at the time."

Really.
Now how did They come to this conclusion?

Jeez...

Vote for Me in November!

That is all,

Commander Bunny.
Lookout B Alert

San Jacinto, CA

#5 Aug 17, 2008
First of all I would like to say that I hope the elderly woman will make a 100 percent recovery. However, I would like to also use the opportunity to point out a view of my observations, which are of course based on my professional experiences.

The vast majority of motorist and pedestrians really do not pay attention while they're on the city streets. mothers pushing strollers or walking along the sidewalks allow their toddlers to run out to far ahead of them. Pedestrians waiting for the "Walk" green light to come on will step off the sidewalk when it does, and never look to their left or right, in order to make sure a car isn't barreling down on them.

Motorist follow to close, on the street, and on the freeways. Try this as test. While your waiting at a red light, you may experience another car just drive up right up on your tail with nothing but a few feet between you. Next, move up a foot or two. Make sure your not blocking the crosswalk. 99 percent of the time, the motorist behind you will also creep up on your tail. He just wants to be close and personal, just in case someone rear ends him, so he can be knocked into you and get you in the mix.

Then when the light turns green, drivers never wait a second or two, or look to see if cross traffic is about to run a red light. Check out the pedestrians standing on the corner. Always too close to the street. Especially at the intersections. If a traffic collision occurs there, where do you think the cars are going to possibly end up? You got it! right on the corner sidewalk. So you say it's someone else's fault. Does it really matter when your hurt. Sure it does, but be wise, be heads up, have a plan, have a place to go if a two ton car decides to take your spot on the sidewalk.

You see, it takes a lot of mental attitude to safely navigate our streets and sidewalks. Sunday Drivers, ever hear the term? If someone ever points out your driving mistakes, take heed, don't be proud, or ignorant to take heed. They just may have a point. Be safe.

If you thought that was a lot, you should hear what I got to say about walking into stores, or shopping next to the armored car guy. That's another subject. "No I am not paranoid" but if you ever read the facts behind the story, you'll see what I mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royal Coaches Contract Days Over 1 hr Stay Tuned 7
Bankruptcy and Bounced Checks Let's talk Pacheco 1 hr Dirt bag 17
Mayor and Pacheco Liars Tribune Confirms FPPC F... 1 hr Lozano liar 2
Planning Commission 2 hr To Skunkie 21
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr stewart scott 29,949
Pacheco Claims to have hired Lozano Drug Brother 3 hr Lozano dirty 3
Pacheco was Censored before in Council Hearing 3 hr Stop them 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covina Mortgages