Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

chew on it

Upland, CA

#139613 May 4, 2012
mmmm-my mind continues to go back to Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe we need to quit using the term "sodomy" as well.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#139615 May 4, 2012
chew on it wrote:
mmmm-my mind continues to go back to Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe we need to quit using the term "sodomy" as well.
Hmmmm..... my mind goes back to Tara. Maybe we should tell Scarlet O'Hara to man up.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#139616 May 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm..... my mind goes back to Tara. Maybe we should tell Scarlet O'Hara to man up.
Mona yer a hoot ;-)
Hey Mona

Canyon Country, CA

#139617 May 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, fiddle-de-dee. I'll worry about that tomorrow.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#139619 May 4, 2012
polly sigh one oh one wrote:
<quoted text>
if you only had a brain buddy, life would take you to the distance
Wrong guy moron, that was the scarecrow. I am a heartless bastage.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#139620 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose the history lesson on both counts;
1. The Bible was the text book for scores of early American school history.
2. Gay 'marriages' have never ever survived for any length of time in history.
Simply facts. You'll live to see it (smile).
<quoted text>
No, I was right on the account you distorted and the one you ignored.
They had many books, and the Bible was used in all schools along with daily prayer to 'Nature's Creator'.
Why do you always have to deny and twist reality? It's like telling the lie that gay unions are the same as marriage. You have to keep telling bigger and bigger lies to maintain the first lie.
The foremost advocate against the use of the Bible – as many of you can easily imagine – was none other than the Declaration’s author, Thomas Jefferson. As we all know, Jefferson was a passionate proponent for religious freedom and the separation of church and state. In addition, Jefferson was also a devout supporter of education reform. Jefferson believed that a secularized education, free from the shackles of religious piety would create a superior learning environment. It was largely due to this conviction that Jefferson established Mr. Jefferson’s University, or the University of Virginia as it is known today.

For Jefferson, the instruction of biblical or Christian doctrine took a back seat to the more important lessons of ancient history and philosophy. As Jefferson stated:

“Instead therefore of putting the Bible and Testament into the hands of the children, at an age when their judgments are not sufficiently matured for religious enquiries, their memories may here be stored with the most useful facts from Grecian, Roman, European and American history.

http://americancreation.blogspot.com/2010/07/...

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#139621 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They say "husband" and "wife" too???
I looked at almost all 50 states, not one said husband and wife.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#139622 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That description fits almost ALL relationships.
Are you now trying to call ALL relationships marriage???
Only when you pony up the cash and get a marriage licence, and say I do. The requirements are the same regardless of the sex.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#139624 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
In Mexico gays have all of the same rights under a civil union......
LIE. Complete load of horse shyt.

In Mexico, gays can MARRY in Mexico City only. With all the same rights as straight people.
In the state of Coahuila gays can receive a Civil Union, which does NOT recognize all the same rights as marriage.
The rest of the states in Mexico recognize both, but do not allow gays to enter into either institution.

But please, don't let truth get in the way of you pretending that gays in Mexico have equality with straight people.

Location hidden

#139625 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a opposite sex couple
You're a couple are you dear? All by yourself, you're a couple?

What a moron.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#139626 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That description fits almost ALL relationships.
Are you now trying to call ALL relationships marriage???
If the couple has a legal marriage license.....then Yes, that's what I'm saying!!!

Even to those who don't have a legal marriage license, but choose to refer to their relationship as a marriage is okay as well.

In my particular case, my wife and I are legally married and we fight to have federal recognition of that marriage just like any other legally married couple gets!!!

Location hidden

#139630 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And many institutions have requirements..........
Yup. And the intitutions can adjust and change their requirements, and often do. For example, schools in the south in the United States are institutions. Originally one of their requirements was that all students be white. Now that is no longer one of their requirements. See how that works sunshine? Here's another example. West Point is an institution here in the United States. Originally one of its requirements was that all its students be male. Now that is no longer one of their requirements. Would you like some more examples hon?
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
To be married you must be a man and a woman.......
Um, no you mustn't. Not any more. You mustn't have to be man and a woman for over a decade now. Tell me sweatums, are you aware that this is 2012?
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
To be lawyer you must have passed the bar.....
I'm sure you're very familiar with bars.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#139631 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
They say "husband" and "wife" too???
NO MARRIAGE LICENSE states "HUSBAND" or "WIFE"!!!

What they use to say was "GROOM" and "BRIDE".....but now not all say that and some just have a box to check!!!

Location hidden

#139632 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you collect your partners SSI???
NOPE
Not yet. Are you under the impression that this little fact negates the FACT that I'm married? LOL.

But please, don't let facts get in the way of you being a snippy little aggitative bitch. Witnessing your need to constantly post back handed childish insults to gay people is a hoot. Must suck to be as insecure and insignificant as you are.

Location hidden

#139633 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When the blacks were given equal rights did we change the meaning of white to include them???
I roll with laughter every time you ask this asinine and completely meaningless question!!! Nothing exhibits your stupidity better than this one!!!
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the word we used was human......
White still means white......
And marriage still means marriage. Marriage is DEFINED as an institution, a ceremony and a union. None of those definitions change when gays enter into marriage.

But please, do keep spreading the word about the gay agenda to change the meanings of words!!!!! What a jackass!!! And so publically willing do demonstrate it too!! You mother must be so proud!!!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#139635 May 4, 2012
Goooood morning
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#139637 May 4, 2012
It's good to hear that regardless as to how much pressue the gay activist groups have put on Washington D.C. the president will not committ to reccognize SSM. This is a good thing
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#139638 May 4, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE. Complete load of horse shyt.
In Mexico, gays can MARRY in Mexico City only. With all the same rights as straight people.
In the state of Coahuila gays can receive a Civil Union, which does NOT recognize all the same rights as marriage.
The rest of the states in Mexico recognize both, but do not allow gays to enter into either institution.
But please, don't let truth get in the way of you pretending that gays in Mexico have equality with straight people.
Go to Mexico then ...

Location hidden

#139639 May 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, try responding to me and not repeating gay talking points about the Bible that have nothing to do with what I said (If you can.).
I did respond to you piss-ant. And I don't need talking points. Your questions were so ridiculously stupid that they required no talking points to address them. Funny, I notice you aren't adressing the responses themselves, but instead are now trying to make this about me. Typical tactic of uneducated fundies when they can't support their rhetoric.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, I'm not a fundie, which is why you have such a hard time dealing with me.
What on earth gives you the impression I'm having a hard time dealing with you? LOL!! You're stupider then I thought.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a barbarian cynic giving you nightmares.
You're an idiotic imbicile who thinks he can present the nonsense of the bible as credible. You're a failure.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Third, we have known about amino acid birth for just your lifetime.
Whatever. Amino acid still isn't dust. Never will be.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that for the previous 4000 years, "from the dust of the earth" made the most sense.
From the dust of the earth makes NO sense and has never made sense, and never will. It's just a myth that was passed on from generation to generation. Your statement is as ridiculously stupid as saying, "you know that for the previous 4000 years, a flat earth mad the most sense".
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fourth, if you condense the creation of humans down to one sentence, genderless to male/female is about as condensed as possible.
If, if, if. If grass were currency I'd be rich.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are trying to avoid, is how in heaven a 4000 year old fiction book even comprehended pre-gender existence...
No, what I'm avoiding is your naivete.
Your bible clearly states that man was created as "man". That is not genderless. You can throw out as many bells and whistles as you want, and jumpt over as many mental hurdles as you want to try and pretend that your bible is credible. But the scenerio you are trying to sell, NO ONE is buying.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say 'sky angels' did it? If you really thought it was so ridiculous, why would you need to exaggerate? I'd say they were talking about alien visitation.
Oh, I see! Then please, let me rephrase the question. In the "two veins" of man's ancestry that you claim scientists have discovered, could you please cite a source indicating that scientists have discovered one of the two veins to include alien DNA. We'll wait right here for it!!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up Homo sapiens neanderthalensis & Homo sapiens sapiens. They are the two veins.
And which vein contains alien dna or fallen angel dna? Which ones were the giants?!!! LOL!!!!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#139640 May 4, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the couple has a legal marriage license.....then Yes, that's what I'm saying!!!
Even to those who don't have a legal marriage license, but choose to refer to their relationship as a marriage is okay as well.
In my particular case, my wife and I are legally married and we fight to have federal recognition of that marriage just like any other legally married couple gets!!!
What will you do if the Federal Government fails to recognize SSM?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Olivas RATS out Pacheco in investigation got to... 30 min Pacheco Bye Bye 1
Pacheco Paid Off by Media Source Company 52 min Pacheco Fraud 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 57 min Bruins 31,894
Glendora rank with water conservation 59 min the list 1
Sports Authority bankruptcy 1 hr Andys Junk Center 6
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 1 hr bri 2,725
Staab looks over shoulder 1 hr watching this 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covina Mortgages