Funeral held for Guerrero

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

More than 200 friends and relatives gathered at St. Elizabeth Seton church Wednesday morning to remember a popular restaurateur who died in a car crash last week.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

SAD SAD
Hector Esparza

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Yo conosi a mi amigo Raudel, en el ano 1982, a trabes de los anos contruimos una buena amistad, claro con sus altas y bajas, pero quien es perfecto, pero simpre supimos resolver nuestros problemas, te voy a estranar Raudel, descansa en paz!!!!
Life long patrons

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Raudel you are and will always be a great person. You will always hold a special place in our hearts. May god bless you and your family.
Art Serrano C Madison

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

We both have been life long patrons and knew Raudel well. He was the most wonderful person, who greeted you as family. We attended the funeral and thought it was something he would have appreciated. To all his family and friends, this man will be so missed.
Esther Holguin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

I knew Raudel. I would go hang out at Mariposa. He was always so generous and making my friends an I laugh all the time. He will be greatly missed!
Esther Holguin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

I knew Raudel. My friends and I would go to Mariposa. He was always so generous and making us laugh. He will be greatly missed!
Sad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

sad
Monica Lopez

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Raudel Guerrero was my father, I am his eldest daughter. My father was a very good man, he always put other peoples needs ahead of his own. When someone was in need he always was there to lend a helping had. He was a very simple, humble man, very proud to be born in Zacatecas Mexico. He was loved by my mother Julie, my sister Elizabeth, my brothers Abran and Raudel Jr, 3 grandsons Jose Jr, Santiago, and Diego and by his friends whom he cherished. We will miss him terribly. I love you daddy......
BP MOM

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

I'm very sorry for the loss of your father. He was a very nice man. Me and my family frequented the Mariposa Inn. We liked it because of the freat service. Raudel would come and talk with us each and every time. He wanted to make sure we were having a good time. He will be missed.
May God Bless you and your family at this time.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

Slime ball. El Fuch ewe
Hector Esparza wrote:
Yo conosi a mi amigo Raudel, en el ano 1982, a trabes de los anos contruimos una buena amistad, claro con sus altas y bajas, pero quien es perfecto, pero simpre supimos resolver nuestros problemas, te voy a estranar Raudel, descansa en paz!!!!
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

I knew the man well and he would not appreciate your message as you wrote it. He was proud of what he accomplished in this country of ours. Give him the dignity of re-writing it in English, or, have someone else rewrite it.
Hector Esparza wrote:
James Wilcox

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Raudel always was a generous man who loved the Mariposa it showed everytime we visited. He always greeted everyone by name. We will not stop going to Mariposa but it will not be the same without him there. My condolences to his family and I know that he loved them very much.
jollop25

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

I knew Raudel for Many years and I was very shocked to hear of his passing. He was a very good and giving man. He loved the Mariposa so much and it showed everytime you visited. I had the opportunity to attend the services and they were beautiful, so many people attended that you would have thought that he was a senator or even president. From what I hear his family intends to keep the Mariposa open to honor him and his love for the Mariposa. So out of respect to him and all the years he dedicated to our families I say we should unite and spread the word to have everyone we know stop by and dine. Raudel would like for us to continue visiting and supporting his American Dream for his Family.
jollop25

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

Judged:

One month has gone by and I still can't get over the shock that Raudel is gone. Still so hard to accept and I know that his wife and kids feel the same way. After seeing all the newspaper articles and all the people who attended the services, I wonder if Raudel ever knew all the people that he touched. How many people respected him as much as I did. When I was last at the Mariposa I saw a certificate that stated that on July 2, 20008 ( the day of Raudel's funeral) the City of West Covina adjurned all meetings for the day in Raudel's Honor. Having known this man he would have been so honored. I have been a customer for many years and had many great conversation with my Friend Raudel. He worked at the Mariposa for 33yrs, he started as a waiter, then manager, and finally owner. He was proud to have been born in Zacatecas Mexico and proud to have realized the American Dream having become a American Citizen approx 5 yrs ago and become owner of his business. He was extremly proud of his 4 children and 3 grandchildren. We always seem to talk about his grandson Jose and His son who was a model because they reminded him of himself when he was younger. He loved and respected his wife Julie so much, he always said that he was the man his was today because of her, although he always said jokingly not to tell her.
Raudel loved his family life as much as he did his friends. He was always so honest and caring, it never mattered if you were rich, poor, famous, or not. Raudel always helped out the community and schools, he never said NO. He even would give customer rides home if they could not make it home on there own. The morning that he passed he had just dropped off one of his employees at his home, minutes before his accident occured because he didn't want his employee to drive home that night because he had a few drinks after work.
Raudel loved Tamborazo music and his all time favorite singer was Antonio Aguilar. In a nut shell Raudel was a great man, like I have never known and I know that it will take many of us a long time to recover from this great loss but I know that he is smiling down on us now sitting very tall to see home much love and respect so many of us had for him. I also know how happy he must be to see that we continue to visit his beloved Mariposa and that we extend our support to his wife and kids.
Julie Guerrero

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

I am Raudel's wife and I would like to thank you all for the condolences and well wishes. I would also appreciate it if the next time that you visit the Mariposa that you would be so kind to introduce yourselves to us. My kids and I would love to meet you all.
Stacy

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

I worked for Raudel at the Mariposa Inn approximately 10 years ago and even after I stopped working at the restaurant I would try to stop by a few times a year. Raudel was always very polite and was very committed to his business. I was sad to hear about him passing when I went to eat at the restaurant today. It was not the same without him. My condolences go out to his family. He will be greatly missed.
Melissa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

I also worked for Raudel at the Mariposa Inn with Stacy. My work experience there was very positive, and Raudel was such a wonderful man and boss. He took such pride in his business, and was friendly to everyone. We had many good memories and fun times working there. Raudel was a wonderful example in many ways. I can still see his face in my mind -- and how he ALWAYS had a smile on his face.

Years later, when I graduated from college I decided to have my graduation party at Mariposa's, because I wanted all of my family and friends to share in one of my favorite places. Even all of those years later, Raudel, Juan, Ruben -- the whole team still made me feel like family.

Raudel's spirit will always be with Mariposa. God bless his family. May he rest in peace.
Joshua Dunne

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Ive know Raudel since my junior year in high school, we had our baseball baquets there. I just found out that he had passed last night through a mutual friend of his son Raudel Jr. He was a friendly man that made you feel welcome,he is genuinely a great guy.

May he rest in peace...
My Condolences

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

DESERT RAT wrote:
I knew the man well and he would not appreciate your message as you wrote it. He was proud of what he accomplished in this country of ours. Give him the dignity of re-writing it in English, or, have someone else rewrite it.
<quoted text>
These are condolences being expressed as well as grief being expressed for a much loved man on this blog. Beit in Spanish or in English, or in Chinese. Death can unit at that moment all types of people, Your comment - this is not the time for this type of message
Veronica Correa-Vidana

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Judged:

I worked for Raudel two years ago at Mariposa Inn about two years ago. I stopped working at Mariposa because I got married and moved out to Mira Loma and was difficult to commute. Even after after i stopped working for Raudel, I would go and visit Raudel. it was a while since i had gone in. When my husband and i went to Mariposa's today i received the shocking new that Raudell had passed away. It was hard for me to beleive that Raudel was gone. I expected to walk in to the restaurant knowing that eventhough i no longer worked there i was always welcomed. i expected for him to come to the door and greet me, but he didn't physically but i knew that his spirit was present. The restaurant does not feel the same. I know that from heaven he is watching down on us and wishes that although he is not there at the restaurant, he is watching down on us.
i will always remember Raudel and his presence will always be in my heart. he was a great man that was definetily proud to be from Zacatecas and great to his customers all the time.He was a great man, manager and friend.
To the Guerrero family my condolences are with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Covina News Video

•••
•••

Covina Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••