UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
14,801 - 14,820 of 26,710 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

past hero's

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>"Home games?" you're crazy, it will be anything but a home game for you guys, enjoy your last year of wearing the home jerseys...Bruin Nation is PISSED at the coward Fat Dan Guerrero for not getting rid of this stupid ass tradition that we Bruin fans NO LONGER want. Expect rudeness from our fan base this Saturday, your band's performance may be their last at the Rose Bowl for this game...Bruin Nation has risen, and we will NOT tolerate this going forward...Bruin Nation is in revolt!!!
Oh course I will expect rudeness and will not be surprised if another stabbing doesnt take place in the Rose Bowl parking lot. Revolt? Your biggest revolt come Saturday will be against your defense that will give up around 46 to 50 points AGAIN to the victorious USC Trojans!
Old SChool Trojan

Ladera Ranch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Look here is the bottom line for Saturday....Ucla will win this football game. Jim Mora has done a really good job with this group of players and he has the gutties believing in themselves. They were embarrassed last year and laughed out of the stadium, so their pride is on the line.

As much as I would love another W against them, SC has been so inconsistent and has played with little to no fire and desire. Their style of play matches the calm boringness of Lane Kiffin. Can they score quickly? Of course. Could they put up 50? Of course. SC has far more talent than ucla, but for the first time in a long time, maybe since the last loss at the Rose Bowl, talent won't matter, it will come down to who wants it most, and this year, sadly, that is ucla...I hope I'm wrong

ucla 27
USC 24
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
past hero's
Nope. Past heroes.:-)

Wouldn't have pointed it out from the first post. I have as many typos as the next guy.

But since you tried to correct it...

Fight on! Beat the Bruins!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Old SChool Trojan wrote:
Look here is the bottom line for Saturday....Ucla will win this football game. Jim Mora has done a really good job with this group of players and he has the gutties believing in themselves. They were embarrassed last year and laughed out of the stadium, so their pride is on the line.
As much as I would love another W against them, SC has been so inconsistent and has played with little to no fire and desire. Their style of play matches the calm boringness of Lane Kiffin. Can they score quickly? Of course. Could they put up 50? Of course. SC has far more talent than ucla, but for the first time in a long time, maybe since the last loss at the Rose Bowl, talent won't matter, it will come down to who wants it most, and this year, sadly, that is ucla...I hope I'm wrong
ucla 27
USC 24
Great post. Classy.
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Old SChool Trojan wrote:
ucla 27
USC 24
I dhope you're wrong, too. But it wouldn't shock me.

There's no doubt we have the most talent. But they seem to have more passion and possibly a better coach.

We aren't going to win games merely by showing up.

Fight On!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Past heroes.:-)
Wouldn't have pointed it out from the first post. I have as many typos as the next guy.
But since you tried to correct it...
Fight on! Beat the Bruins!
damit!(spelled wrong to ge past the PC Police)

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Old SChool Trojan wrote:
ucla 27
USC 24
Hummmmm UIP (un Identified poster) naw... couldn't be??, could it be??naw

Oh well

NO WAY the game is going to be that low of a score, both will score over 40
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummmmm UIP (un Identified poster) naw... couldn't be??, could it be??naw
LOL!! Same thought ran through my head.

FTFO!!

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Same thought ran through my head.
FTFO!!
I figured you might be thinking the same thing.
BEAT SC

“110 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why the Tommy Trojan & John McKay statues are wrapped up like duct-tape mummies right now, so don't even try to go "classy" here. Just this morning some newscaster on KTLA was talking about his time as a UCLA undergrad in the late 70s when he was arrested on USC's campus while he was trying saw off Tommy Trojan's head. Classy left the conversation when UCLA students hired a helicopter to drop manure on Tommy Trojan. Get over yourself already. You have no clue about the student prank traditions. I've never pulled the "you didn't go there" card on you before, but this is one of those situations where alumni have a greater understanding. Your post reflects your ignorance on the subject. It is best you leave yourself out of this one.
F you!!! just because I didn't go to UCLA doesn't mean I don't know about the pranks each school pulls on each other, or have my own opinions...vandalism has ALWAYS been part of the pranks each school pull on the other (if I could afford it, I would hire a cargo plane and drop millions of gallons of Blue and Gold paint in every square inch of SUC, even if I didn't go there), such as SUC stealing the Bell which now goes to the winner of the game, UCLA stole Tommy trOJan statue, I know all this...by problem is you get your thong up in a knot because the UCLA students told you what the think about your school WITHOUT spray painting it all over your South Central campus...profanity? HA!!! you sure don't have a problem with "fucla" t-shirts, or other vulgar attire you will see the SUCster wear this saturday...but you have a problem with "F**C SC"? what the F do you expect them to spell, "fight on"? YOU get over youself.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Oh course I will expect rudeness and will not be surprised if another stabbing doesnt take place in the Rose Bowl parking lot. Revolt? Your biggest revolt come Saturday will be against your defense that will give up around 46 to 50 points AGAIN to the victorious USC Trojans!
Stabbing? of course I won't be surprised, it's a normal occurrence within your thug and hoodlum/gangbanger fan base...let's put a wager on the game if you're so sure of the outcome...send me a private message and I will give you my exact location that morning.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
damit!(spelled wrong to ge past the PC Police)
you also misspelled "damit" it's dammit LOL but who gives a shit other than anal trOJans.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why the Tommy Trojan & John McKay statues are wrapped up like duct-tape mummies right now, so don't even try to go "classy" here. Just this morning some newscaster on KTLA was talking about his time as a UCLA undergrad in the late 70s when he was arrested on USC's campus while he was trying saw off Tommy Trojan's head. Classy left the conversation when UCLA students hired a helicopter to drop manure on Tommy Trojan. Get over yourself already. You have no clue about the student prank traditions. I've never pulled the "you didn't go there" card on you before, but this is one of those situations where alumni have a greater understanding. Your post reflects your ignorance on the subject. It is best you leave yourself out of this one.

As a matter of fact I knew about the pranks before you EVEN BORN!! so STFU!!
Papi Chulo

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
F you!!! just because I didn't go to UCLA doesn't mean I don't know about the pranks each school pulls on each other, or have my own opinions...vandalism has ALWAYS been part of the pranks each school pull on the other (if I could afford it, I would hire a cargo plane and drop millions of gallons of Blue and Gold paint in every square inch of SUC, even if I didn't go there), such as SUC stealing the Bell which now goes to the winner of the game, UCLA stole Tommy trOJan statue, I know all this...by problem is you get your thong up in a knot because the UCLA students told you what the think about your school WITHOUT spray painting it all over your South Central campus...profanity? HA!!! you sure don't have a problem with "fucla" t-shirts, or other vulgar attire you will see the SUCster wear this saturday...but you have a problem with "F**C SC"? what the F do you expect them to spell, "fight on"? YOU get over youself.
hijo venir a casa pronto podemos insertar grandes pepinos azul y oro en nuestras asholes grandes.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as no one is hurt, and there is no property damage. Rivalry can be fun! No big deal with the dorm lights.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Buster Posey MVP.... Icing on the Cake

“Farewell, CEO, & FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
you have a problem with "F**C SC"? what the F do you expect them to spell, "fight on"? YOU get over youself.
Clearly you aren't getting it. You would have been best served had you heeded my advice. I have no problems with the pranks. What I wrote was that UCLA showed a lack of creativity and bravery in doing what they did: oooh, we spelled out F__K USC in our own windows, aren't we cool! I would be more impressed if they did it on OUR campus. That was what I was saying. We already fouled up your campus when we painted the sign, y'all just fouled it up more by putting vulgarities up in your own windows. That's like saying you're so pissed at your neighbor you're going to burn your own house down. The idea is to do it at the other's campus. And that's what you don't get.

So thanks for proving me right, again.

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

GO BRUINS BEAT SC !!!!
GO BRUINS BEAT SC !!!!
GO BRUINS BEAT SC !!!!
GO BRUINS BEAT SC !!!!
GO BRUINS BEAT SC !!!!
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

43 hours and 15 minutes to kickoff!!

Fight On!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Covina News Video

•••
•••

Covina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE