Review: Superior Vinyl Windows and Doors

Posted in the Covina Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Matt

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2009
Superior Vinyl Windows is a manufacturer of vinyl windows located in Ontario, CA. Superior Vinyl Windows sell premium vinyl windows and patio doors. Superior Vinyl Windows come with a lifetime warranty including labor. Superior Vinyl Windows is know for their excellent customer service. Superior Vinyl Windows have been manufacturing windows for over 50 years in Southern California.
Mary

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2009
I have Superior Ultima vinyl windows in my home and they are great. My energy bills dropped after getting the Superior windows installed. I had one problem with a window not staying up all the way and called Superior. Superior sent a service tech out who fixed it in 15 minutes at no charge. I recommend Superior Ultima windows to anyone looking at replacing their windows.
James

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2010
Superior windows are middle of the road. Same quality as Milgard. Price is good. Service is good. Warranty is lifetime. I recommend the Ultima series but would stay away from the Deluxe series.

“That's not my bag, baby”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 9, 2010
They're superior!
Todd

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2010
I am having warranty and service issues with my Superior windows. I have the Superior Ultima series. A few of the locks are broken so the windows don't shut and lock. One window fogged up with moisture and needs to be replaced. Superior warranty department is very slow and is trying to tell me that the windows aren't covered. I bought them last year and they have a lifetime warranty is what I was told. Not happy with Superior windows right now.
Gil

Mountain Top, PA

#6 Jul 1, 2010
Todd wrote:
I am having warranty and service issues with my Superior windows. I have the Superior Ultima series. A few of the locks are broken so the windows don't shut and lock. One window fogged up with moisture and needs to be replaced. Superior warranty department is very slow and is trying to tell me that the windows aren't covered. I bought them last year and they have a lifetime warranty is what I was told. Not happy with Superior windows right now.
Hey Todd - looking at Superior replacement ultima for my triplex. How did your warranty service end up?
Thanks
Gil
Paul

United States

#7 Oct 7, 2010
Superior's Window Warranty does not cover tempered glass. So if a tempered glass unit breaks the homeowner will have to pay for the tempered glass and the labor to install it. There is no glass breakage warranty on v-groove or specialty glass either. Simonton 7300 & Simonton 7500, Milgard Tuscany, and Green World are the only window manufacturers that have a tempered glass breakage warranty.
Ann

Norwalk, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2010
Todd wrote:
Todd, I, too, am looking at Superior. Did Superior fix the lock on your window?I like the thickness of the trim, the easier clean track and the easy install but if there's problems with customer service, I'll think twice.
Ann
Teddy

Duarte, CA

#9 Dec 10, 2010
Superior Windows is going through bankruptcy right now. Don't know about any service problems. Superior Windows had to sell its aluminum clad division to pay off its massive debt of its paranty company, Atrium Companies. Hope they make it.
M Martinez

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Mar 2, 2011
Teddy wrote:
Superior Windows is going through bankruptcy right now. Don't know about any service problems. Superior Windows had to sell its aluminum clad division to pay off its massive debt of its paranty company, Atrium Companies. Hope they make it.
Teddy , please get your facts in order. Atrium Group, Parent company to Superior was in a voluntary Chapter 11 debt restructuring from Jan2010 through April 2010 and has come out much stronger than ever. Superior was never effected in its normal operation during this short term and made no changes to it's staff. While Superior did sell off its Alum-Clad wood window product it had nothing to do with any "massive debt", but did allow Superior to replace a labor intensive, low-profit, low volume product for addition new lines like their Cornerstone Window, Value-Plus Door , and increased Aluminum Window production. Here are some links to help inform you more for those interested.
http://www.builderonline.com/windows/atrium-f...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2010042...
Mario

Anaheim, CA

#11 Apr 18, 2011
Paul wrote:
Superior's Window Warranty does not cover tempered glass. So if a tempered glass unit breaks the homeowner will have to pay for the tempered glass and the labor to install it. There is no glass breakage warranty on v-groove or specialty glass either. Simonton 7300 & Simonton 7500, Milgard Tuscany, and Green World are the only window manufacturers that have a tempered glass breakage warranty.
Actually, Superior does warranty V-Grove Glass since they do not consider it a Specialty Item. They do it in house and have more designs a better price on V-Grove than anyone., And as of April 1,2011, they now have warranty on all standerd size door glass , swinging or sliding doors< excluding their Value Plus Line.
Larry Hull

Santa Ana, CA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
I installed superior windows thruout my house in 2000 and 2012. The main panels in the have been fogging, superior replaced 3 insulated panels after much arguing with customer service. Now they say my windows are no longer warranted for fogging between the panels. The warranty says lifetime
Glass: Lifetime
Superior warrants that the insulated glass will not develop a build-up of moisture between the panes of glass. Superior, at its discretion, will supply either the replacement glass or a full panel. NOTE: Leaded glass is warranted for five (5) years only.

The same customer service person has told me this every time I have had a problem.
Paul

Pasadena, CA

#13 Sep 12, 2012
Larry Hull wrote:
I installed superior windows thruout my house in 2000 and 2012. The main panels in the have been fogging, superior replaced 3 insulated panels after much arguing with customer service. Now they say my windows are no longer warranted for fogging between the panels. The warranty says lifetime
Glass: Lifetime
Superior warrants that the insulated glass will not develop a build-up of moisture between the panes of glass. Superior, at its discretion, will supply either the replacement glass or a full panel. NOTE: Leaded glass is warranted for five (5) years only.
The same customer service person has told me this every time I have had a problem.
Larry that sucks. Lifetime sometimes doesn't mean lifetime. Superior should stand behind their product. I would contact the better business bureau in your area and file a complaint. Very easy to do online. They might fix it then.
Melby

Hesperia, CA

#14 Nov 6, 2012
We bought Superior Windows about 15 years ago for our entire house remodel. We bought the Low-E Vinyl and at first seemed to be very pleased. About 5 years later the windows began to what seems like brown mold. You can't clean it from the inside nor outside because it's in the window. You can't even see thru the window anymore. When I called them 5 years back and then as more of the windows began to do this, they say it is not under warranty. Only windows manufactured after 2006. Then they want to send me to one of their dealers. Do they really think I want to buy more of their INFERIOR PRODUCT, installed all at my expense? ARRGH!! Don't waste your hard earned money!! Never buy from these crooks! Yes, I do believe I will file a complaint with the BB.
bob

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Dec 18, 2012
M Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy , please get your facts in order. Atrium Group, Parent company to Superior was in a voluntary Chapter 11 debt restructuring from Jan2010 through April 2010 and has come out much stronger than ever. Superior was never effected in its normal operation during this short term and made no changes to it's staff. While Superior did sell off its Alum-Clad wood window product it had nothing to do with any "massive debt", but did allow Superior to replace a labor intensive, low-profit, low volume product for addition new lines like their Cornerstone Window, Value-Plus Door , and increased Aluminum Window production. Here are some links to help inform you more for those interested.
http://www.builderonline.com/windows/atrium-f...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2010042...
so voluntary chappter 11" isn't bankruptcy? hmmmmm
Al from RPV

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#16 Dec 27, 2012
Gil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Todd - looking at Superior replacement ultima for my triplex. How did your warranty service end up?
Thanks
Gil
Gil, did the Superior Windows plans work out?
I'm considering them.
Thanks,
Al
RPV
Kerry Jones

Buffalo, NY

#18 Nov 22, 2014
Is this company still around? I am looking to replace my vinyl windows. My utility bill is much higher than it should be. I think that my drafty windows are the reason. I would like to get this done before winter arrives.

http://windowdooroakforest.com/vinyl-windows/
Stevenlopez

San Bernardino, CA

#21 Jun 17, 2015
Wow I guess superior windows and doors went down the drain or picked up and left. Tried to find service for a very nice vinyl french door I had purchased from lowes in 2010. Went to the plant in Ontario california but is now occupied by another company , according to the guard he said superior has been gone for several months from this long time location, darn it.
lleon

San Diego, CA

#22 Jun 23, 2015
No one answers the phone number that I have. I guess they are not around. My double paned window has moisture in it. I guess I'm stuck.
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Nov 7, 2015
Sounds like others are unhappy with Superior Windows too. I too could never find them when the windows started to look 'dirty' between the glass and our main door has now deteriorated so bad you can hardly see out of it. Alos the up/down windows are so hard to use, we just don't bother as it reminds me of the crappy quality. Hopefully they are either gone or improved so others will not have the problems we have. Now it's my job to become an informed consumer on replacements instead of trusting a contractor like last time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1977 murder (Sep '07) 11 min Mary 39
Salcedo was Last Pick from panel but was hired 3 hr Thank You 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr El Phartss 32,922
green lighted west covina 13 ex-member (Mar '12) 23 hr Spanky 23
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) Fri riot illegals 3,255
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) Apr 25 Juan 1,816
News West Covina father and son assault girl and the... (Mar '10) Apr 15 Fly yung Red 99

Covina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covina Mortgages