Questions

Saline, MI

#1 Aug 10, 2012
Can a boss deduct things from your check? What can they? I don't mean taxes.
Sandy Shores

Lewiston, MI

#2 Aug 11, 2012
By law there should not be any unexpected deductions from your paycheck!! What sort of deductions did your employment contract state your employer can take? Probably where I would start is what you were advised at the time you were hired??
SoHaLoCa

South Haven, MI

#3 Aug 11, 2012
Employer can be obligated for garnishments due to court judgements against the employee, child support, etc.
Questions

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 13, 2012
What about if a guest forget to sign a cc receipt? Can they take it out? Even if they had no problem wt them. It is not fair. No one ever asks the signatures unless problem.
Sandy Shores

Lewiston, MI

#5 Aug 14, 2012
Seems a bit harsh to me but also appears is a procedure that wasn't followed? Perhaps the boss has gotten burned in the past, which today is very common when dealing with the public. ALL your ducks have to be in order.

If this is a common issue that is happening at his/her business than needs to do some retraining or perhaps hiring an individuals who will make sure policies and procedures are followed. The boss is the one at risk not the employee!!!
Susan

Three Rivers, MI

#6 Aug 17, 2012
An employee cannot do that it is against the law. They can write the person up. They can fire them. But can re-train them. They have to swallow the loss. But in this case it seems that there is only a possible loss, since the person did not even object to payment. Not legal. You work in South Haven.
Lighthouse Keeper

Three Rivers, MI

#7 Aug 31, 2012
It is illegal to deduct items or losses from a paycheck because of mistakes made by an employee. It is understood that everyone makes mistakes. That is what a chance an employer does when he hires you. You should mention this to you employer. He cannot take out of your paycheck for any mistakes. Many people do not know that. Who is it?
Anonymous

Three Rivers, MI

#8 Sep 2, 2012
Don't be stupid, contact the labor board, and get your money back.
Ryan c

Shelby, MI

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Illegal,
anon

Saugatuck, MI

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Well she does it to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alison Lane Martin (Dec '10) 4 hr cbur444 14
Save A LOT May 20 Naper Guy 11
Bike Pump Track/ Kayaking Park May 5 anon77 1
Worse employer to work for (May '14) Apr 27 anon77 25
Town Growth Apr 25 HOPE 2
Visitor/Commerce Centers Apr 25 HOPE 8
South Haven Tribune article about spray paintin... (Jan '08) Apr '15 joshua satkey 7
More from around the web

Covert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]