Unemployment Delays l WPRI.com

Unemployment Delays l WPRI.com

There are 12 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Unemployment Delays l WPRI.com. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A Coventry mom has the money to pay her bills. The only problem is, her temporary disability insurance check is late.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

megan

Narragansett, RI

#1 Nov 20, 2008
hi this is that moms daughter, yeah we almost were going to get kick out of the apartment becasue my moms money did not come. thank you so helping my mom get the money she deserved!
Karen

AOL

#2 Nov 20, 2008
The state of RI Departmetn of LAbor and training is doing the best they can. THey are short staffed thanks to Don making a good amount of the work staff retire. They have yet to fill those postions. TDI & unemployment employees are working 6 days a week to serve the citizens and employees of RI.
NGNG

Windham, CT

#3 Dec 13, 2008
Karen, I don't doubt that the Unemployment staff is doing the best they can. They are staffed for a 4 percent unemployment rate. Did the state hire more staff when it went to 5 percent? How about 6 percent? Seven? Eight? Nine? No they waited for over 9 percent and for the system to get grossly behind before they considered it and will add staff next month if we're lucky after they enjoy their holidays. Someone should be held accountable for this mess as well as the officials who are doing so little right now. Some people may starve and freeze for their Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas.
figures

Southbridge, MA

#4 Dec 14, 2008
to anyone who is without this year at christmas time for whatever reason,
my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Crappy Rhode Island

United States

#5 Dec 18, 2008
Its horrible they are not doing anything to help, like some are saying THE high unemployment rate did just not happen overnight, its been a persistent issue, yet they wait till the very last minute.
What they need to do is work more hours than 8-12 or 2 the latest, and as for working saturdays they have only done that at least 2 or 3 max times. Seriously its like winning the lottery trying to open a claim your entitled to. I filed online 2 weeks ago, been calling every day and always get the same crappy response "due to the high call volume call later " and they just hang up.
Bullshit and they KNOW IT. I HATE this damm state, its worthless, should be bought out by MASS OR CT.
Confused

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Dec 18, 2008
Please do me a favor and stop crying... You are all getting mad at people that have jobs. You all sound like " Waaa Waaa, Work longer hours so I can get free Money Waaaaaa".

This entire damned state expects people to hand them things. Wether it would be TDI, Wic, EBT, UI. We have more organizations in this state that hand people money. Here's a hint: Stop Handing People Money. If you can sit on a phone for hours, surely you can stand behind a frylator! or Bag some groceries. Be self productive instead of waiting for a handout...
Crappy RI

United States

#7 Dec 18, 2008
Confused wrote:
Please do me a favor and stop crying... You are all getting mad at people that have jobs. You all sound like " Waaa Waaa, Work longer hours so I can get free Money Waaaaaa".
This entire damned state expects people to hand them things. Wether it would be TDI, Wic, EBT, UI. We have more organizations in this state that hand people money. Here's a hint: Stop Handing People Money. If you can sit on a phone for hours, surely you can stand behind a frylator! or Bag some groceries. Be self productive instead of waiting for a handout...
Are u serious, you dont even live here in RI so dont talk shit, you have no idea how things really are over here. I applied to HUNDREDS of jobs, including the lower bottom, so dont judge people that need money. Listen to your self, have some damm compassion, do you think I want to sit here and be unemployed seriously I went from making 40,000 dollars a year, with free healthcare and bonuses, to SHIT. Do you think I enjoy being behind on my bills, and barely paying rent. Do you think I enjoy having no money for groceries.

That money is not for the lazy its for those making an attempt to work, but need money to survive. KARMA bitch remember that word.
Confused

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Dec 18, 2008
@ Crappy RI,

I do live in RI and have done so for the past 29 years the way this site picks up on where you live is by IP Adress and mine is routed through NGB wich is located in or around Fairfax.

The problem that I have is. The system in Rhode Island has been used and abused for so long that it's hard to tell who is authentic and who is a fraud/lazy. Women having multiple children to stay on welfare for ages, Fake TDI claims you name it. This is not a factor of me having compassion it is a factor of me being cinical twords a system that does not work.

People expect a handout, never do they expect that they in fact can help themselves.

Since: Dec 08

USA

#9 Dec 18, 2008
however with these tough economic times people that usually DO work find themselves suddenly OUT of work. to these hard working people that all have families now at christmas time and find themselves at a disadvantage, These are the people that DESERVE the unemployment THEY have paid into it for how long?
but to those that "milk" the system and to those that enable the abusers.....(aka the tit)
you are the problem.
you SHALL be corrected.

Since: Dec 08

USA

#10 Dec 18, 2008
(aka the t i t )
Crappy RI

United States

#11 Dec 19, 2008
insertfoot wrote:
however with these tough economic times people that usually DO work find themselves suddenly OUT of work. to these hard working people that all have families now at christmas time and find themselves at a disadvantage, These are the people that DESERVE the unemployment THEY have paid into it for how long?
but to those that "milk" the system and to those that enable the abusers.....(aka the ****)
you are the problem.
you SHALL be corrected.
I understand where your coming from as those that do abuse the system hurt the ones that are truly entitled to the benefits. As far as me judging them I wont. I apologize for my harsh remarks I took it as a direct hit. Believe me I would love to be working I have struggled beyond believe, applied everywhere possibly, with no positive outcomes.
Unemployment benefits LET US SURVIVE. Even if its for 7 weeks, I can pay the overdue bills, put groceries in my fridge, its as empty as can be, and just be okay. Even if its for a month its a life saver.
Crappy RI

United States

#12 Dec 19, 2008
Confused wrote:
@ Crappy RI,
I do live in RI and have done so for the past 29 years the way this site picks up on where you live is by IP Adress and mine is routed through NGB wich is located in or around Fairfax.
The problem that I have is. The system in Rhode Island has been used and abused for so long that it's hard to tell who is authentic and who is a fraud/lazy. Women having multiple children to stay on welfare for ages, Fake TDI claims you name it. This is not a factor of me having compassion it is a factor of me being cinical twords a system that does not work.
People expect a handout, never do they expect that they in fact can help themselves.
My previous post was supposed to be a reply to you "Confused" Not "insertfoot" sorry about that, clicked on the wrong subject reply.

One more thing, good luck to everyone whether on this post or another, who is unemployed I hope the little money given helps, and I hope we all find ourselves some jobs in this new year. Happy Holidays

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coventry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House of Hope Leaves Homeless Stranded Jun 19 Former res 2
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Jun 17 furniture depot 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Jun 13 mariac 46
Coventry Ghosts??? (Oct '06) Jun 11 BNO 23
Doris Conklin Sect 8 Apt Arrested Mftg Selling... Jun 6 sect 8 apt drug d... 7
News Firefighters in Rhode Island town say they're b... Jun 4 Guest 2
News Denied licenses, immigrants plan march across R... Jun 2 Cordwainer Trout 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coventry Mortgages