68-year-old Covelo woman sentenced to...

68-year-old Covelo woman sentenced to prison in meth case

There are 27 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Feb 27, 2010, titled 68-year-old Covelo woman sentenced to prison in meth case. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

A 68-year-old Covelo woman was sentenced Friday to five years in state prison on charges related to her sale of methamphetamine in the Covelo area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nuthin to Hide

Mendocino, CA

#1 Feb 27, 2010
Oh, pu-leese! Selling meth to "save her family and lift them out of the gutter"?!!?
Only five years for this? I wonder how many children suffered because of the meth this woman sold to their parents, how many families went to the gutter.
Selling meth, another crime you're never too old to commit.
Grandma Cali

New York, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2010
$....$.... That's what it's all about! Our County is known for marijuana & meth, and now heroin is climbing out of the woodwork and has always been a problem here too. They might as well legalize it all so these dam drug dealers can loose the value of cost and tax the s**t out of it!!!!!
sad day

Stockton, CA

#3 Feb 27, 2010
Everyone is growing these days, we have people moving in to grow this time of the year most of these are not nice folks. Lots of money = lots of greed and lots of other drugs. Wake Up!
It is sad to see, it is in my family too.
mendoAu

Belmont, CA

#4 Feb 27, 2010
Grandma Cali wrote:
$....$.... That's what it's all about! Our County is known for marijuana & meth, and now heroin is climbing out of the woodwork and has always been a problem here too. They might as well legalize it all so these dam drug dealers can loose the value of cost and tax the s**t out of it!!!!!
Now Grandma.......I find it difficult to agree when you lump herion, meth and marij. in one sentence. Those that break the law should be delt with. But to further burden those that use med marij. legally with more taxation is just not right or a solution. Meth is terrible, taxed or nor taxed.
serving justice and fries

Laytonville, CA

#5 Feb 27, 2010
Defense attorney Justin Petersen said that Henthorne, with her former business and now her home gone, has lost everything.
"When the business failed she turned to selling methamphetamine not out of greed," Petersen said, "but to save her family and lift them out of the gutter."

wow. you're a real f u **in slimy sonovab*tch arntcha?
you and i both know she could be growing weed and selling thru your family.
lift yourself out of the gutter, dude.
major loss of respect on this one, J...
trouble

Alameda, CA

#6 Feb 27, 2010
speed kills, speed freaks burn, beware!

zappa 1966

Since: Nov 08

Shasta Lake, CA

#7 Feb 27, 2010
trouble wrote:
speed kills, speed freaks burn, beware!
zappa 1966
Frank was a very smart man.
SteveD_in_Ukiah

San Leandro, CA

#8 Feb 27, 2010
Meth is a very destructive drug

I don't care if you're a 90 year old crippled woman and poor as dirt, if you sell meth you should be locked up

Meth takes a normal teenage kid and turns them into robotic wired over anxious paranoid unfeeling skeletal faced white zombies

It destroys their life on all levels, worse it destroys their sense of self

Dealers who say they "only sell to adults" know it gets sold to kids no matter what; they don't care

You deal, you go to jail, no violins here
Koalabear2525

Pleasant Hill, CA

#9 Feb 27, 2010
so she does the full time, who do you think is going to house herwhen she gets out ? thats right the good old tax payers, she or the county said she cleaned out, so we have to house her when she gets out, called welfare . let her poor stupid kids support her . kick the whole family out of the county .
The Hopland Flash

Rohnert Park, CA

#10 Feb 28, 2010
Out of curiosity - did she have more than 20 percent of her teeth, bathe more than once a week, and know how to braise possum on an intake manifold? If she did, and if she sold a little meth on the side, she's just Old-School Covelo Cool!
unbelievable

Clearlake, CA

#11 Feb 28, 2010
sad day wrote:
Everyone is growing these days, we have people moving in to grow this time of the year most of these are not nice folks. Lots of money = lots of greed and lots of other drugs. Wake Up!
It is sad to see, it is in my family too.
may i ask you what this topic had to do with marijuana? you people always mix that crap with the green stuff! sad, but true!
unbelievable

Clearlake, CA

#12 Feb 28, 2010
serving justice and fries wrote:
Defense attorney Justin Petersen said that Henthorne, with her former business and now her home gone, has lost everything.
"When the business failed she turned to selling methamphetamine not out of greed," Petersen said, "but to save her family and lift them out of the gutter."
wow. you're a real f u **in slimy sonovab*tch arntcha?
you and i both know she could be growing weed and selling thru your family.
lift yourself out of the gutter, dude.
major loss of respect on this one, J...
justin and his dad are real winners! pathetic and make me sick!!!!!!
Ex-Californian

Tallapoosa, GA

#13 Feb 28, 2010
Koalabear2525 wrote:
so she does the full time, who do you think is going to house herwhen she gets out ? thats right the good old tax payers, she or the county said she cleaned out, so we have to house her when she gets out, called welfare . let her poor stupid kids support her . kick the whole family out of the county .
I think she'll do half the time unless otherwise stipulated in the sentencing. Plus credit for any time already served and she'll be back out causing trouble in two years.
Ex-Californian

Tallapoosa, GA

#14 Feb 28, 2010
Now go find those Bracketts.

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2010
mendoAu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Grandma.......I find it difficult to agree when you lump herion, meth and marij. in one sentence. Those that break the law should be delt with. But to further burden those that use med marij. legally with more taxation is just not right or a solution. Meth is terrible, taxed or nor taxed.
I notice in your comment about marijuana that you only mention the alleged "medical users". Have you forgotten that there are tens of thousands of greedy pot growers who collectively grow and sell billions of dollars worth of marijuana? They ship it out to all points of the compass and they don't care how young the buyers are.

The pro-pot people keep saying that the "prohibitionists" are wrong for attacking a simple plant. The people who are against legalizing marijuana aren't "prohibitionists" and they aren't against a plant. They are against the heartless greed of the thousands of growers who make most of their billions by poisoning young children. The pro-pot propaganda mask is getting thinner and thinner and more and more people are getting sick and tired of seeing the destruction caused by pot to the health, educations and futures of millions of children all across the country.
mendoAu

Belmont, CA

#16 Feb 28, 2010
No, not on this subject. Taxation has not been proven to be anything more than what it is. However it did prove to cause the bootleg era.
mee

Jackson St Forest, CA

#18 Feb 28, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text> justin and his dad are real winners! pathetic and make me sick!!!!!!
what the kind of attourney would say such an idiotic thing ..justin peterson sucks a.s.s
Just me

Blocksburg, CA

#19 Feb 28, 2010
I ate at her restaurant a couple of times. Good Mexican food.She wasn't the cook but took the money when I was there. I had heard rumors that she was dealing from the beginning. But in a small town it's hard to know what's true. Who would think this elderly woman would do this. I did feel that she didn't really want our business. Other employees/relatives were friendly enough but she was almost rude. I think it was a front from the beginning. Who needs our piddly $$ when you can make the big bucks out the back door.
Koalabear2525

United States

#20 Feb 28, 2010
now she will get better heath care in prison than when she was out . she is better off for now, but where is going to go when she gets out ? the tax payer got to keep picking up the tab when she gets out.
How

Jackson St Forest, CA

#21 Mar 1, 2010
Enjoy you three meals and a cot. I hear they also provide electricity, heat, airconditioning, clothes, cable, free health care and an education. At least you wont have to worry about any of that for the next 3 yrs. At least Covelo is rid of you! Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Covelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Feb 5 Jsop 591
News Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Feb. 4, 2016 Feb 4 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Sunday, Jan. 31, 2016 Feb 1 Here Is One 1
News Laytonville considers future growth post Willit... Jan 30 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Friday, Jan. 29, 2016 Jan 30 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016 Jan 28 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Jan. 27, ... Jan 27 Here Is One 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Covelo Mortgages