Southern Girl

Scottsville, KY

#1 Dec 30, 2009
Could someone tell me something about this town. Is it small/big, racist, friendly to strangers,Do you have a Walmart?How is the weather this time of year? Any snow?Any campgrounds open in the winter months?

Since: Dec 09

Creole, LA

#2 Dec 30, 2009
1) depends on what you are comparing it to.
2) some say it is, some say it isnt.
3) for the most part but then again some say it is, some say it isnt
4) No
5) changes daily
6) Not yet
7) Yes
Southern Girl

Scottsville, KY

#3 Dec 30, 2009
Dawn Morgan wrote:
1) depends on what you are comparing it to.
2) some say it is, some say it isnt.
3) for the most part but then again some say it is, some say it isnt
4) No
5) changes daily
6) Not yet
7) Yes
What?

Since: Dec 09

Creole, LA

#4 Dec 30, 2009
Southern Girl wrote:
<quoted text>What?
I answered the questions that you asked
boob crack

Watseka, IL

#5 Dec 30, 2009
Southern Girl wrote:
Could someone tell me something about this town. Is it small/big, racist, friendly to strangers,Do you have a Walmart?How is the weather this time of year? Any snow?Any campgrounds open in the winter months?
Is it small... drive thru and judge for yourself....racist...depends on if you are talking to a KKK or a panther member, or a few of the wanna be's.....friendly to strangers? That would depend on if you are from here and moved away and back again... are related to someone... married someone from here... or have a job that has brought you here.. otherwise you are SOL they dont want you if your resume does not look good and meet their approval.. Do we have a Wal Mart... no! we cant get one because so few are willing to actually willing to work! No snow unless you mistake ash from your neighbors bon fire during the winter months.. campgrounds are open all year... just pull your old trailer in and park in in your 2nd cousins wife's twice removed brothers yard and all will be good to go. Trash runs on Wednesday! Hope this helps! Welcome to Red River Parish!
Transplant

Natchitoches, LA

#6 Dec 31, 2009
We moved here several years ago. We have found the people to be very friendly and caring. I think the kind of attitude you come here with determines whether you are accepted or not. There is a very nice resort on Grand Bayou lake and they have campsites available year round. There is not a Walmart here but we have a couple of dollar stores and another small department store and two drug stores that have really nice gift items. Don't listen to all the naysayers - form your own opinion. We really like it here and have made many wonderful friends.
coushatta native

Tullos, LA

#7 Dec 31, 2009
i lived here all my life. we are a small town. most of the folks are frendly and will welcome new comers. no walmart, but if you want your walmart fix you will have to drive about 30 miles to one. we have snow flurries last week, very unusual. winter weather is usually cold and rainy. grand bayou is a great campground.
Southern Girl

Scottsville, KY

#8 Dec 31, 2009
A friend might be coming there to work and he stays in campgrounds while he is on the job sight.Can you tell me how far Shreveport is from Coushatta?We come from a town of 21,000. Is your town smaller?
agree

Memphis, TN

#9 Dec 31, 2009
wayyyyyyy smaller.
Southern Girl

Scottsville, KY

#10 Dec 31, 2009
agree wrote:
wayyyyyyy smaller.
How small are we talking here, 600 or 6,000
ThinkAgain

Bossier City, LA

#11 Dec 31, 2009
the southern end of Shreveport is about 45 miles from the center of Coushatta

in July of 2008 the population of Coushatta was reported to be 2088

if it snows it doesn't stick for more than minutes

we have a small hospital and about 4 doctors

only know of one campground and it's very nice

hope this helps

nothing much for stores, most shop in Shreveport

the population is about 50% white 50% black more men than women

there are about 30 Baptist churches
Southern Girl

Scottsville, KY

#12 Jan 1, 2010
Thanks to everyone for your help. Yes, all your info did help.
FYI

United States

#13 Jan 3, 2010
If u meet the Canterburys or lindsey u have meet the best people in the world. Mr.Micheal or 2 of his kids Callie or bessie they r the best ones
Dawn

Creole, LA

#14 Jan 3, 2010
FYI wrote:
If u meet the Canterburys or lindsey u have meet the best people in the world. Mr.Micheal or 2 of his kids Callie or bessie they r the best ones
And I bet they REALLY appreciate you posting their names on Topix. Im sure thats going to make them feel that much better.
what

Tullos, LA

#15 Jan 4, 2010
what to the lindsey or canterbury's have to do with information about coushatta? other than that they live here? callie is two-faced, bessie is a nice person
Canterbury

Shreveport, LA

#16 Jan 7, 2010
Keep my name and my sister's name off of here.I will find out who you are,you have been reported for using our name on topix.
who

Shreveport, LA

#17 Jan 7, 2010
what wrote:
what to th or have to do with information about coushatta? other than that they live here? is two-faced, is a nice person
what

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coushatta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Likes To Party 5 hr Marty Graw 2
Poll why is coushatta still a racist town its 2009 (Feb '09) 9 hr Naaazah 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Samson 20,104
News Is Louisiana ready for another hurricane? Mon Le Jimbo 1
DONALD TRUMP is NIGERIAN PRINCE ! birthrecord Sun TRUMP ADMENSRUATION 1
Scoot done got his ass whooped (Mar '13) Sun onced removed 5
repent Sun Warning 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coushatta Mortgages