Looking to Move here
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mnkyjo

South Elgin, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2013
We are looking to move at about 148th and Keeler. Just wondering what you think of that neighborhood. We have a family of 3 children and would like them to be able to play in yard and feel safe.
WatchGuard

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jan 4, 2013
It's a decent location. If you move west of Kenton ave you will get better schools for your kids, just a thought.
Run

Midlothian, IL

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Mnkyjo wrote:
We are looking to move at about 148th and Keeler. Just wondering what you think of that neighborhood. We have a family of 3 children and would like them to be able to play in yard and feel safe.
Are you kidding don't move here don't do it you'll be stuck trying to find a way out.The police will probably ticket you for something just to welcome you.Run as fast as you can away from here this community sucks.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Mnkyjo wrote:
We are looking to move at about 148th and Keeler. Just wondering what you think of that neighborhood. We have a family of 3 children and would like them to be able to play in yard and feel safe.
You don't have to be afraid to move here what so ever. I have lived here for over 50 years and never had a problem with anything. A few people who post here don't like a lot of things because that just may be the way they are. Our PD,FD and Public Works are top notch. Do we as a town have problems? Yes as all towns do. Nothing is "Paradise" now days. We have good Schools and have 2 School districts to go with depending on what side of town you move to. We have dist. 143 and 142. 143 is Midlothian and 142 is Oak Forest Schools. I could go on but I think you should give us a try. There a lot more positive than negative.
Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to be afraid to move here what so ever. I have lived here for over 50 years and never had a problem with anything. A few people who post here don't like a lot of things because that just may be the way they are. Our PD,FD and Public Works are top notch. Do we as a town have problems? Yes as all towns do. Nothing is "Paradise" now days. We have good Schools and have 2 School districts to go with depending on what side of town you move to. We have dist. 143 and 142. 143 is Midlothian and 142 is Oak Forest Schools. I could go on but I think you should give us a try. There a lot more positive than negative.
You forgot to mention the Satan Disciples and The Four Corner Hustlers.

Good schools ? Bremen's test rating score is 3 out of 10.

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/IL/schools/070...

There is nothing negative about being a Realist.

Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Jan 4, 2013
http://www.greatschools.org/modperl/achieveme...

Test scores well below average for all subjects.

Historical data shows scores are on a downward trajectory.

“Always willing to lend a hand”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Taser wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention the Satan Disciples and The Four Corner Hustlers.

Good schools ? Bremen's test rating score is 3 out of 10.

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/IL/schools/070...

There is nothing negative about being a Realist.
Mnkygo,

I would pay too much attention to "Taser" :):):)

He is not even a resident of our village,(as you can see from his Scottsdale, Az IP) and further more, his information has proven to be quite unreliable.

In fact, very unreliable.

He is what we like to call a troll:):):)

In the past, he has dedicated countless posts and comments to rumor mongering. A favorite activity of his is to go around accusing posters of being people whom they are not.

From what I understand though, he has recently been eating a lot of crow, take with a side of egg on his face:):):)

The 5year Midlothian Resident can probably tell you all about it if you so desire:):):)

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#8 Jan 4, 2013
I can't believe I'm saying this but,Midlo Man, I have to agree with you. Some people think that we in Midlo are the "Dregs " of Society.All I can say is if they hate this town that much, they can feel free to move. They won't be missed.
Helpful User

Orland Park, IL

#9 Jan 4, 2013
Wondering Why1 wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this but,Midlo Man, I have to agree with you. Some people think that we in Midlo are the "Dregs " of Society.All I can say is if they hate this town that much, they can feel free to move. They won't be missed.
And that is why I moved!

I loved the town when I moved in 10 years ago. If you cannot admit that it has changed for the worst, you are wearing blinders.

I probably would have stayed, but after having children, I realized it is not where I want them to grow up. Not only that, but I want them to have a good education. I feel I would be doing a great injustice to them, if I decided to send them to the schools in the area. While there is always the option of sending them to St. Chris's, I decided to put the money I would spend on a Catholic education, towards a house in a more rewarding area.

I know many of you grew up in Midlo & attended these same schools as children. I am not judging & I am not saying that you are by any means undereducated. I just did what I felt was best for my family.
Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Midlothian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Mnkygo,
I would pay too much attention to "Taser" :):):)
He is not even a resident of our village,(as you can see from his Scottsdale, Az IP) and further more, his information has proven to be quite unreliable.
In fact, very unreliable.
He is what we like to call a troll:):):)
In the past, he has dedicated countless posts and comments to rumor mongering. A favorite activity of his is to go around accusing posters of being people whom they are not.
From what I understand though, he has recently been eating a lot of crow, take with a side of egg on his face:):):)
The 5year Midlothian Resident can probably tell you all about it if you so desire:):):)
"He is not even a resident of our village" I own a house in midlo that I rent to my neice. She will be graduating John Marshall Law School this late spring.

She will be moving out. I am considering renting the home through the Section 8 voucher program. I can rent the home out for $ 1200-1600 per month depending on how many kids will live there.

I have a financial interest in Midlo and pay real estate taxes, just like ALL the other property owners.

My information is unrealiable?

Dispute my information with facts.

“Always willing to lend a hand”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 5, 2013
Taser wrote:
<quoted text>"He is not even a resident of our village" I own a house in midlo that I rent to my neice. She will be graduating John Marshall Law School this late spring.

She will be moving out. I am considering renting the home through the Section 8 voucher program. I can rent the home out for $ 1200-1600 per month depending on how many kids will live there.

I have a financial interest in Midlo and pay real estate taxes, just like ALL the other property owners.

My information is unrealiable?

Dispute my information with facts.
Lol friends, lol:

It appears our "friend" Taser has decided to make a fool out of himself once again...sigh:(

Taser,

Through all the malarkey and hub-bub, you have quite obviously neglected to post even one VERIFIABLE fact. The only thing we can reasonably guess with any amount of certainty is that you live in Arizona. Everything else you have stated can never be confirmed.

Convenient, isn't it?

My guess is that due to a lack of financial planning, you've found yourself upside down on your mortgage note, and were then forced to move back in with mommy and daddy, who have long since retired to Arizona.

It's okay though, as I'm sure you've made yourself quite useful:) Nothing to be ashamed of really:):):)

Now, for all the posters who may be unfamiliar with the trollish and deceitful postings of Taser, let the record show he spent the better part of two years trying to convince the Midlothian Topix Community that I and The 5yr Midlothian resident were one in the same.

Quite simply, nothing could be further
from the truth. Now, these foolish accusations did little to affect me negatively.

However, The 5yr Midlothian Resident is a public figure in RL.

Seeking to promulgate rumors with the affect of falsely attributing statements one did not actually make is in a word,

Despicable :(:(:(

Very Seriously Yours,

Your Editor and Chief,

Midlothian Man

Now,

“Did I Just Say That Out Loud?”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Jan 5, 2013
We bought a house here in 1992 because we both grew up in the area, the home prices and taxes were very reasonble, and there was a great sense of community. The town looks quite a bit different than it did 20 years ago, but the sense of community remains. We are a few blocks north of you, and we have great neighbors. The taxes, while they have risen quite a bit, are still lower than in many surrounding communities. The recession hit the village hard, because we depended so much on the auto dealerships. Our children have gone through the school districts and have done quite well. Crime has risen, but it has also risen everywhere. I still feel pretty safe here, but I am concerned where this town will be in another 20 years.
Helpful User

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2013
lol what wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I see, you're in the market for a tenant, so the best thing to do is to come on a Internet comment site about the town, and tell potential tenants about how bad midlothian is?

Makes perfect sense lol

If you paid attention, he said he was planning on going Section 8. That's the only way to guarantee you will get rid of something in this town!!
lol what

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 5, 2013
Helpful User wrote:
<quoted text>If you paid attention, he said he was planning on going Section 8. That's the only way to guarantee you will get rid of something in this town!!
Ya, I pay attention. Been paying attention to that nimrods posts for a while. He's going section 8, I get it.
Still not wise to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Have fun dealing with the red tape.
We all know the guys a big proponent of government programs lol.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#16 Jan 5, 2013
I think what he is saying is that he don't like this town and wants to become a Slumlord so he can further ridicule it.
mad here

Midlothian, IL

#17 Jan 5, 2013
well i lived here for many years the town has changed it wont get any better but its still a quiet town the police do a great job here i dont have any kids that go to school here but i have friends that have kids that go here and they are doing well.i think the way the economy is it slowed down this town from getting worse faster.
Ford

Manhattan, IL

#18 Jan 5, 2013
Midlo is a dumpy area with crack heads and section well fare breeders every where... If u care about your kids education Bremen Hs is not the solution
Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#19 Jan 6, 2013
lol what wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, you're in the market for a tenant, so the best thing to do is to come on a Internet comment site about the town, and tell potential tenants about how bad midlothian is?
Makes perfect sense lol
The only potential tenants I can find that want to live by the likes of you are the Section 8 types.

Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Jan 6, 2013
lol what wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I pay attention. Been paying attention to that nimrods posts for a while. He's going section 8, I get it.
Still not wise to cut off your nose to spite your face.
Have fun dealing with the red tape.
We all know the guys a big proponent of government programs lol.
Your cognitive nescience is amusing.

My neice is handling the red tape. No worries here.
Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#21 Jan 6, 2013
Wondering Why1 wrote:
I think what he is saying is that he don't like this town and wants to become a Slumlord so he can further ridicule it.
The declining rental market in Midlothain has forced my hand.

In a perfect world, I would rent to employeed individuals with a FICO of 720 or higher.

I wonder why you are afraid to face the realities of Midlothain.

Your denial is astonishing! Almost Stockholm Syndrome in nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI at city hall 21 min Chris Kringle 10
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 1 hr Long Over Due 86
2017 Alsip Municipal Election 1 hr Same Old Same Old 20
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr WTK 7,581
Frances Street 2 hr Yep 23
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) 4 hr Joe 216
Ménage a Trois 6 hr 47 12

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Country Club Hills Mortgages