Comments
21 - 40 of 64 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
Build BI2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 9, 2012
 
If the Mayor said he would look into it - what does that mean and why would anyone expect some kind of revelation as a result? What does the chief of Police have to say - he was involved when the tragic incident took place.

Bottom line - a chils's life has been tragically lost ...whether by accident where the person may not even know he or she were the cause - or ...and this is the first I have seen "murder" which involves a premeditated act ...hard to believe if that were the case it wouldn't have received more attention?
Praying that the family gets closure to the loss of their child.
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 9, 2012
 
Build BI2 wrote:
If the Mayor said he would look into it - what does that mean and why would anyone expect some kind of revelation as a result? What does the chief of Police have to say - he was involved when the tragic incident took place.
Bottom line - a chils's life has been tragically lost ...whether by accident where the person may not even know he or she were the cause - or ...and this is the first I have seen "murder" which involves a premeditated act ...hard to believe if that were the case it wouldn't have received more attention?
Praying that the family gets closure to the loss of their child.
The family for Robbie Silva will have closure for Robbie when they justice for their murdered child. It's long over due to turn this case over the ISP cold case unit.
Merv

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

CASA wrote:
<quoted text>
The family for Robbie Silva will have closure for Robbie when they justice for their murdered child. It's long over due to turn this case over the ISP cold case unit.
It was not a murder. Murder requires planning and a reason. It was a hit and run and what was the kid doing sledding in a dangerous area anyway? According to the newspapers of the day, the mother had sen him there and instead of stopping him went to the video store. I agree that the driver needs to be caught and prosecuted but this was an accident. The driver may never be caught and will have to live with guilt.
just wondering

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Merv wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not a murder. Murder requires planning and a reason. It was a hit and run and what was the kid doing sledding in a dangerous area anyway? According to the newspapers of the day, the mother had sen him there and instead of stopping him went to the video store. I agree that the driver needs to be caught and prosecuted but this was an accident. The driver may never be caught and will have to live with guilt.
If the driver never ment to hit this young boy;he would have stopped and called the police after he had run him over. The fact that he nver stopped or turned himself him to the police makes me wonder if it wasn't planned. The mayor needs to start a new investigation.
Merv

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If the driver never ment to hit this young boy;he would have stopped and called the police after he had run him over. The fact that he nver stopped or turned himself him to the police makes me wonder if it wasn't planned. The mayor needs to start a new investigation.
Yeah, it was a planned hit of a child sledding dangerously close to the street in a poorly lit area. The child was not on the hill, he was in the street. The vehicle that struck him was described as a "a white truck" and the driver probably never saw Robbie until he was in front of the truck. "Robbie's sled was going too fast to stop, and both he and the sled hurtled out onto Packard Avenue where the Kerr Middle School sixth-grader was struck." The area the boys were playing in does not even belong to the city. The "property is owned by the state and is part of the (Western Avenue) bridge." What the driver did was cowardly but this was an accident.
BlueIslandSkepti c

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 11, 2012
 
Merv wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was a planned hit of a child sledding dangerously close to the street in a poorly lit area. The child was not on the hill, he was in the street. The vehicle that struck him was described as a "a white truck" and the driver probably never saw Robbie until he was in front of the truck. "Robbie's sled was going too fast to stop, and both he and the sled hurtled out onto Packard Avenue where the Kerr Middle School sixth-grader was struck." The area the boys were playing in does not even belong to the city. The "property is owned by the state and is part of the (Western Avenue) bridge." What the driver did was cowardly but this was an accident.
Thank you. Your reply was concise, dispassionate, logical, intelligent and fact based without prejudice to either parties. It is a shame most here do not understand that.
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 11, 2012
 
It is illegal and immoral to run someone over in the street with your car,then drive off and leave them to die. What ever the intentions of the driver, a crime was committed that needs to solved.

The BIPD reopened this case last spring because they know this crime needs to be solved and the crimminal who did this needs to answer for their actions.
BlueIslandSkepti c

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 11, 2012
 
CASA wrote:
It is illegal and immoral to run someone over in the street with your car,then drive off and leave them to die. What ever the intentions of the driver, a crime was committed that needs to solved.
The BIPD reopened this case last spring because they know this crime needs to be solved and the crimminal who did this needs to answer for their actions.
*rolls eyes* Oh boy....lady please take your hormone supplements and come back when your menopausal rage is under control. We KNOW it was illegal and we know it was immoral. BUT...it has been stated that BOTH parties to some degree are at fault for this tragedy. BOTH parties must bear some part of the responsibility for this tragic situation. A child was killed in a tragic and irresponsible way. There are NO innocent victims here,
resident

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Would you say that if that was your son!!????
Mark

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

resident wrote:
Would you say that if that was your son!!????
My kid would not be sledding into traffic with my knowledge. That is the key since kids do goofy stuff unbeknownst to parents all the time. That the parents knew about this speaks volumes and I wonder if kids still sled in that area or this tragedy was the cure.
BlueIslandSkepti c

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Dec 11, 2012
 
resident wrote:
Would you say that if that was your son!!????
I would accept part of the blame for it since I'm a sane, intelligent rational thinking responsible mature adult. I would hurt like hell but I'd know that I was part of the blame.
knucklehead

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Dec 29, 2012
 
CASA wrote:
Just out of curiosity and no disrespect meant...but what the Hell was the kid doing sledding onto an active thoroughfare?
That's like spinning the chamber of a revolver with 1 bullet in the chamber...you are bound to pull the trigger on the live round.
I personally know a guy who stopped his car and told Robbie and other kids to stop before someone got hurt. What happened? an adult yelled at my friend to mind his own business.An adult male who was standing there with the kids. My friend did call Police but it was too late, so I want to know Who or what kind of adult allows kids to slide into traffic? and I mean no disrespect either, but place the blame on the person who knew better and was also warned by a passing motorist who tried to prevent this tragedy, not the driver who eventually was involved, it could have been anyone of us , the only thing that driver is guilty of, is not stopping and reporting the crash immediately.
Build BI2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Dec 29, 2012
 
knucklehead wrote:
<quoted text> I personally know a guy who stopped his car and told Robbie and other kids to stop before someone got hurt. What happened? an adult yelled at my friend to mind his own business.An adult male who was standing there with the kids. My friend did call Police but it was too late, so I want to know Who or what kind of adult allows kids to slide into traffic? and I mean no disrespect either, but place the blame on the person who knew better and was also warned by a passing motorist who tried to prevent this tragedy, not the driver who eventually was involved, it could have been anyone of us , the only thing that driver is guilty of, is not stopping and reporting the crash immediately.
.

Tragically, this case will likely never be solved - and there are many "guilty" parties that contributed to Robbie's untimely death ...and each, as noted above, should have some level of accountability - not just the driver that from what I understood may to this day not even know he was involved - or, if an "undocumented" resident, surely would never come forward.

Robbie's best remembrance would be some type of a "Child Safety" program in his honor - could address things like playground safety,, sports safety, etc.

Every life is precious -and I mean no disrespect - but there are other viable and horrendous crimes that need to be solved - where the criminals can be caught and our community safer as a result.

May Robbie rest in peace - let something positive come from this terrible accident.
Planet peloquin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Stevo is the best chance to get this case the attention it deserves.
Huh

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Dec 30, 2012
 
Planet peloquin wrote:
Stevo is the best chance to get this case the attention it deserves.
What can he do about it?
Bob

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Dec 30, 2012
 
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What can he do about it?
Cold case will be reopenend with a new police chief. One that does not have his head up Peloquins arse like Doug and now Phil. Silly.
Huh

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Dec 30, 2012
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Cold case will be reopenend with a new police chief. One that does not have his head up Peloquins arse like Doug and now Phil. Silly.
Ok Stevo, relax. I didnt call you names. It was just a question of how the new mayor will resolve this. I still dont think you know what youre talking about though.
Bob

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Dec 30, 2012
 
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Stevo, relax. I didnt call you names. It was just a question of how the new mayor will resolve this. I still dont think you know what youre talking about though.
Whatever,Donny.
Huh

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Dec 30, 2012
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever,Donny.
We all know who the next Chief will be. The brother of the puppet master. If you think he's gonna get something done, remember how he got there.
Josh

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Dec 30, 2012
 
Planet peloquin wrote:
Stevo is the best chance to get this case the attention it deserves.
Let us give him a chance, After all, we gave Mayor Peloquin seven chances. He will bring fresh insight to the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengal Football.., 40 min TheTaxMan 1
how many ridge residents can hate the same pers... (Feb '10) 56 min blast from the past 340
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr Tea Partier 39
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr JoseBobTheIllinoi... 49,372
Looking for John from John's Automotive 2 hr old friend 7
4th of July flags 5 hr Pearl of wisdom 47
Hog Wild Restaurant 6 hr Bestribsaround 31
•••
•••
•••

Country Club Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Country Club Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Country Club Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Country Club Hills
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••