South suburb mulls red light cameras

Apr 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBBM-AM Chicago

There's no slowing down the trend of red light cameras in the Southland. Orland Park, Oak Lawn, Country Club Hills, Chicago Heights and Homewood are just a few of the communities already using the technology.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated May 21, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wish You Were Here

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Judged:

Just remember its all about safety not revenue.. say it three more time and we will all believe. Its all about safety not revenue..its all about safety not revenue..its all about safety not revenue..
OL citizen

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

Judged:

garbage. its not about safety. its about money. so many accidents happen now cause ppl slam on their brakes and get rear-ended and get whip lash....yeah keep dreaming its about safety...
Wish You Were Here

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

click your heels three times its all about safety..its all about safety..its all about safety..Its absolutely about safety, especailly in Park Forest where they have no business and rely on the homeowners to foot the bill for all there elorborate spending...
Jerry Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

Judged:

Remember the Cameras at election time and rid ouR cities of taxation without repersentation and VOTE OUT OUR MAYOR and all WHO backed THESE MACHINES against MAN FOR NEW INCOME not safety.
voter

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

Judged:

We had the cameras in Bolingbrook. Then 200 of us visited the Mayor on one day. And then the cameras were gone.

Think about it.
Jerry Smith

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

I will remind you to vote out the current mayors and others that put the auto red lights in our cities. Instead of finding ways of emptying the citizens final few dollars try to MANAGE our cities instead of raise reaching into our already empty pockets. I will not go away and will be every where I can near election day
hahahaha

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Dont run a red light. Problem solved.
Eddie_Constitine

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

Proven FACT: The red-lite cameras product many more rear end accidents with injuries. Maybe the ba$t ard tort lawyers bribed the local politicians
to install the equipment. Who benefits??? The tort lawyers and the local gummints which can now spend more $$$$$$$$$$
Vida-b

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

Watch out for the system at 123rd & Cicero in Alsip.
Those camera flashers are going off all the time. That unit must pull in $1500.00 P/D..........
at least.
Dadzee

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keating's lawsuit? It was w hile back, but I was just wondering.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Vida-b

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

The system at 123rd & Cicero alsip is gonna get a
little spray paint job on the camera lens when I get the courage and a good mask. Everyone should do it.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

i understand
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

Vida-b wrote:
The system at 123rd & Cicero alsip is gonna get a
little spray paint job on the camera lens when I get the courage and a good mask. Everyone should do it.
lol

if u really wanna know how much they make do a freedom of information request on all the financial activity of those cameras and teh contract it has with that city. do it in email form...that is an official request also by law. name the email freedom of information request and direct it to the freedom of information officer of that town/city and they have a set amount of time to get it to you or they could be sued by law. but they will give it to you as they know most folks will just complain anyways and not do anything.
vida-b

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

concerned wrote:
<quoted text>lol
if u really wanna know how much they make do a freedom of information request on all the financial activity of those cameras and teh contract it has with that city. do it in email form...that is an official request also by law. name the email freedom of information request and direct it to the freedom of information officer of that town/city and they have a set amount of time to get it to you or they could be sued by law. but they will give it to you as they know most folks will just complain anyways and not do anything.
Well know it all WHY DON'T YOU DO IT AND REPORT BACK TO THE REST OF US? BE A MENSCH.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

vida-b wrote:
<quoted text>
Well know it all WHY DON'T YOU DO IT AND REPORT BACK TO THE REST OF US? BE A MENSCH.
LOL. anybody with any anonymous fake email can request a freedom of information request. it has to be honored doesn't make a difference and they can be sued if they didn't...

its not about being a know it all. I've done it already and read it... get ur own copy.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

its kinda like a project in school where u write worthless letters to politicians and ask questions to community leaders except this request has teeth to it. make her work for her dough and request it..its no fun when only ONE person is trying to do it all.
G LINCOLN ROCKWELL

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. anybody with any anonymous fake email can request a freedom of information request. it has to be honored doesn't make a difference and they can be sued if they didn't...
its not about being a know it all. I've done it already and read it... get ur own copy.
I BELIEVE MU R A LIAR. U HAVE A SNARKY COMMENT BUT P R O V E U ACTUALLY GOT A COPY. NARCISSISTIC ARROGANT JERK.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

G LINCOLN ROCKWELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I BELIEVE MU R A LIAR. U HAVE A SNARKY COMMENT BUT P R O V E U ACTUALLY GOT A COPY. NARCISSISTIC ARROGANT JERK.
if u just create an email and a send an email to deborah mcillvain or whatever her name is. She sent me a copy of the contract. its that easy its not magic or a favor it is her job as the freedom of information officer and the city could be sued if she denied that. and you can ask for all the money those cameras made. and i've seen on some cameras up to almost 60 thousand dollars a month was made. you are ignorant...meaning u are ingnoring the information im providing.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

u can't ask for all the money made literally but a copy of how much each camera made during the duration those cameras were placed at a certain intersection or all intersections. this is not hocus pocus this is the law.

http://www.ag.state.il.us/government/FOIA_gui...

A MESSAGE FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
Open and honest government is the cornerstone of American democracy, and it can only
be achieved through the free exchange of information between the government and its citizens.
The Office of the Attorney General is committed to supporting and enforcing the
principle of open government embodied in two important laws: The Freedom of Information
Act (5 ILCS 140) and the Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120). Both are critical tools in shining
light on government action, and ultimately strengthening our democracy.
As Attorney General, I feel so strongly about the role these Acts play in our government,
that, for the first time in Illinois history, I have established the position of Public Access
Counselor within my office. The Public Access Counselor will take an active role in assuring
that public bodies understand the requirements of the laws and conduct their business openly and
that the public has access to the governmental information to which they are entitled.
The Freedom of Information Act is a pro-disclosure law embedded in the fundamental
principle that citizens have a right to access public documents of their government, while
balancing the government necessary ability to conduct the business of the people.
The purpose of this Guide to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act is intended to be a
helpful contribution in ensuring open and honest government in every corner of Illinois. The
Office of the Attorney General is pleased to offer this revised guide to foster accountability of
government to its citizens, which is the bedrock of a democratic society.
LISA MADIGAN
Attorney General
State of Illinois

http://www.ag.state.il.us/government/FOIA_gui...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Country Club Hills Discussions

Search the Country Club Hills Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 1 hr Just another carpetbagger 44
4th of July flags 6 hr Ro Nut 29
Saving Catholic Schools 6 hr larry 1
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 hr truth 48,865
Oak Forest Cops Nab Suspects in String of Car B... 12 hr Good work 1
Oak forest hospital 12 hr Concerned 9
Let's stop this nonsense with John Rita (Jan '14) 12 hr Rose 29
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Country Club Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••