Couple found slain in Country Club Hills home

Authorities say a 77-year-old man and his 75-year-old wife were found shot to death in the master bedroom of their suburban Chicago home. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cadillac

Willowbrook, IL

#30 Feb 2, 2009
Another fine community that once was home to cream of the crop residents is feeling the effects of HUD and ethnic cleansing via section 8 housing

I often wondered how a single mother of 6 can afford to live in a $200,000 house by her self while working at a fast food establishment.

What is happening on the South side is the purest form of ethnic cleansing.

This country is in the toilet because of this crap.
American First

Ellicott City, MD

#31 Feb 2, 2009
Not sorry to say but as a black male, I'm more than shocked at how so many of this young black men generation have turned into a lifestyle of crime. Prison to them is just part of their occupation of being evil, bad, disrespective, lying, murderous, selling dangerous drugs and destroying every black neighborhood across America. These thugs have successfully destroyed the moral fabric of every black community wheteher Rural, small city or large urban areas. D.C., Philly, Chicago, Dallas, Birmingham, North Carolina, Atlanta, LA, East St. Louis, Kankakee, Peoria, Springfield, Baltimore, Miami, black thugs are out for blood. I never in my days as a young black male back in the 60's would think this would happen. I grew up honoring Martin Luther King, and have always been proud of my country and wanting to be a good citizen. I played sports, made good grades in High school. Raise my sons to be good men and my daughters. It is a shame. the majority of
black people are good decent citizens; but sorry to say, many of our young men have gone literally to the DEVIL. The populate all the prisons close to 1 million of them sitting in little cells with 20 year sentences, and they are only 20 something. They have babies they can't raise. They love being criminals. How can you love to be a evil sonavab$tch. Man I'll never understand this.
charchar

Chicago, IL

#32 Feb 2, 2009
Thank you for the background of the situation. It helps people like me that are not familiar with the area know what type of neighborhood it is.

I used to live next door to the couple who was killed. They were nice people and Country Club Hills, IL is not what that guy in Canada says it is. I don't care where you live it's not going to be heaven on earth. I have not experienced any problems when i lived there and that was for about 4 yrs. My cousin who i lived with is the owner of the home who lives next door to them. So please stop trying to blast CCH like it's nothing but violence. I'm sure where you live you have problems as well. True when there is something such as a murder yes you are going to be concerned. He makes it seems like gangs and drugs just took over and you can't walk down the street without being attacked. Get your facts staright before you judge. Tinley Park had the incident that happen a yr ago today at the clothing store and that doesn't make the whole city of Tinley Park bad.People have no care in the world anymore and it's sad that Mr and Mrs Taylor were victims of such a stupid and cowardly act. They didn't deserve what happened to them at all.
charchar

Chicago, IL

#33 Feb 2, 2009
Mike CSI wrote:
Give the evidence established by the Trib (i.e door locked and no signs of struggle), at this point the killer(s) points to a relative. Country Club Hills has been a haven for thugs and gang bangers for years and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the public soon gets word that the children, grandchildren, niece or nephews are drug addicts and they robbed and killed these poor people for drug money.
have you lived there before?
charchar

Chicago, IL

#34 Feb 2, 2009
corntrader19 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the background of the situation. It helps people like me that are not familiar with the area know what type of neighborhood it is.
No it's not that type of neighborhood. Get the facts right cause it's not what he is making it seem to be.
Not surprise

Chicago, IL

#35 Feb 3, 2009
I would really look into the background of the parents.
Just Wondering wrote:
Lawsuit against Leon Taylor...Possible Murder motive?
http://www.state.il.us/court/opinions/appella...
BACKGROUND
In September 2000, Margaret, individually and as the special administrator of the estate of Tyrelle, filed a nine-count complaint against Heaven's Little Hands, Leon Taylor and Minnie Taylor. Leon was named as an employee of Heaven's Little Hands and Minnie as its manager. In the complaint, Margaret alleged that on August 29, 2000, Tyrelle and other infants and toddlers were picked up by a passenger van driven by Leon and owned and operated by Heaven's Little Hands. According to the complaint, Leon strapped Tyrelle in a car seat for his transport to Heaven's Little Hands. Once there, Leon removed all of the children from the van except Tyrelle, who died from heat stroke after being left unattended in the van for more than eight hours.
susie

United States

#36 Feb 3, 2009
I know the lady. She was sweet and loving. Someone told me Her and her husband had apparments. Maybe it was someone who they got rid of.
Just Wondering

Tinley Park, IL

#37 Feb 3, 2009
Just Wondering why this story seems to have been buried by all media, including the Trib...not one mention on any of the news stations...no follow-up or any attention paid by even the SouthTown newspapers...just wondering if it's not sensational enough...
CCH60478

Tinley Park, IL

#38 Feb 3, 2009
charchar wrote...
"I don't care where you live it's not going to be heaven on earth."
Just ...Heaven's Little Hands Day Care Center, and the couple that own it.
Servant of God

Chicago, IL

#39 Feb 3, 2009
The neighborhood didn't kill them. Somebody did! Country club Hills is not a bad area. I live in it. I have no problem with it. I do have a problem with evil. The Bible clearly speaks of the evil in the world. That's all the more reason to give our hearts to Jesus and be saved.
Minnie and Leon were dear to me. I am hurt by their senseless deaths. I pray to God that He reveals the killer(s). I know He will. My prayers are with the family, friends and love ones. God bless you all.
Servant of God

Chicago, IL

#40 Feb 3, 2009
You are right. CCH is a good neighborhood. I have lived here for 18 years. I have known the Taylors almost as long. They wers good people.
who="charchar"]Thank you for the background of the situation. It helps people like me that are not familiar with the area know what type of neighborhood it is.
I used to live next door to the couple who was killed. They were nice people and Country Club Hills, IL is not what that guy in Canada says it is. I don't care where you live it's not going to be heaven on earth. I have not experienced any problems when i lived there and that was for about 4 yrs. My cousin who i lived with is the owner of the home who lives next door to them. So please stop trying to blast CCH like it's nothing but violence. I'm sure where you live you have problems as well. True when there is something such as a murder yes you are going to be concerned. He makes it seems like gangs and drugs just took over and you can't walk down the street without being attacked. Get your facts staright before you judge. Tinley Park had the incident that happen a yr ago today at the clothing store and that doesn't make the whole city of Tinley Park bad.People have no care in the world anymore and it's sad that Mr and Mrs Taylor were victims of such a stupid and cowardly act. They didn't deserve what happened to them at all.
susie

AOL

#41 Feb 3, 2009
Mrs. Taylor and I worked out together, and what a wonderful woman. There was much sadness in the class we took. Mr, and Mrs. Taylor death was not a robbery (nothing was taken). I feel they knew the jerks (not a strong enough word) that did this to them. The Taylors were loved by a lot of people, not just in CCH, but in the other towns as well
CCH Citizen

Country Club Hills, IL

#42 Mar 29, 2010
i live in country club hills and today i heard that another person in cch got killen by her boyfriend two days ago one thing : cch dont havegangs if the do lots of residents WILL know
DUH

Chicago, IL

#43 Mar 30, 2010
I dont trust Dwight Welch. he will lie so the Police and he dont look bad.
john michna

Midlothian, IL

#44 Apr 5, 2010
Huh wrote:
Murder-Suicide? What do you think they did with the gun after they were both dead??? No weapon was recovered. Its not possible.
i live about a half a block from the shooting, i heard a number of shots like 6to7 shots , then 6to7 more , then 6to7 more , then about 5 more then about 15 min later 1 last shot, it sounded by the spacing of shots the gun was reloaded each time.
Maniece Family

Chicago, IL

#45 Nov 6, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
It will definitely be interesting to see if the Country Club constables can crack the conundrum of this case...surprising that the media hasn't jumped on this angle yet...
It is outrageous if you honestly believe that! Minnie and Leon were my godparents/great aunt and uncle, our entire family loved them dearly. Whenever anyone needed money they had no problem giving it to them. They funded my education as a child and help raise my half brother. Blood to them or not they treated everyone the same; with love. So you will not be shocked at those results because that is not what happened at all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pay to play 15 min Iceman 2
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... 22 min Change is needed 18
It is in the genes 2 hr Plea bargain 6
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 2 hr Big Bad Wolf 4
Naperville Vet Hit With Felony Animal Cruelty C... 2 hr Independent1 4
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 4 hr The Reporter 24
Exclusive: Cop says political reasons keep hit-... 5 hr Follow Up 8
More from around the web

Country Club Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Country Club Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Country Club Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia