Couple found slain in Country Club Hills home

Jan 30, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 36
Authorities say a 77-year-old man and his 75-year-old wife were found shot to death in the master bedroom of their suburban Chicago home. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Willie Style

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Jan 31, 2009
My parents are about the same age. They have been married for 54 years now and raised 3 children who never wanted for anything growing up. It is incomprehensible for any reason whatsoever that anyone would murder an elderly couple in the twilight of their years. I can not imagine the pain their children must feel. I hope that the police finds the guilty party. I also hope that the guilty party burns in hell.
Rob

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 31, 2009
I agree...this is just crazy I grew up in Contry club hills and my parents still live there and its sad that someone would even think about doing this to a elderly couple...I hope the ones who did this are found!!!
Just Wondering

Tinley Park, IL

#5 Jan 31, 2009
Lawsuit against Leon Taylor...Possible Murder motive?
http://www.state.il.us/court/opinions/appella...
BACKGROUND
In September 2000, Margaret, individually and as the special administrator of the estate of Tyrelle, filed a nine-count complaint against Heaven's Little Hands, Leon Taylor and Minnie Taylor. Leon was named as an employee of Heaven's Little Hands and Minnie as its manager. In the complaint, Margaret alleged that on August 29, 2000, Tyrelle and other infants and toddlers were picked up by a passenger van driven by Leon and owned and operated by Heaven's Little Hands. According to the complaint, Leon strapped Tyrelle in a car seat for his transport to Heaven's Little Hands. Once there, Leon removed all of the children from the van except Tyrelle, who died from heat stroke after being left unattended in the van for more than eight hours.
Possible Murder Motive

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Jan 31, 2009
MOM SUES DAY CARE IN SON'S DEATH
[Evening Update , C Edition]
Chicago Tribune - Chicago, Ill.
Date: Sep 7, 2000...
The mother of Tyrelle Jones, the 9-month old infant who died Aug. 29 after a day-care center worker left him in a sweltering van for seven hours, Thursday filed a civil suit against the center, Heaven's Little Hands Day Care Center, and the couple that owns it.
hmmmm

Glen Ellyn, IL

#8 Jan 31, 2009
It could be kids trying to get their hands on the money before a lawsuit payout.
It could be someone desperate for money and did a robbery.
And it could be revenge. I am surprised the Trib didnt pick these names up but some readers did......
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#9 Jan 31, 2009
Give the evidence established by the Trib (i.e door locked and no signs of struggle), at this point the killer(s) points to a relative. Country Club Hills has been a haven for thugs and gang bangers for years and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the public soon gets word that the children, grandchildren, niece or nephews are drug addicts and they robbed and killed these poor people for drug money.
Just Wondering

Tinley Park, IL

#11 Jan 31, 2009
It will definitely be interesting to see if the Country Club constables can crack the conundrum of this case...surprising that the media hasn't jumped on this angle yet...
Anne

Mchenry, IL

#12 Jan 31, 2009
This is terrible. No respect for human life.
ASSUME THE POSITION

New York, NY

#14 Feb 1, 2009
WATCH FOR THEM.. My grandmothers house in the area was an unsuccesful break in target last week.The scumbags in a red van, targeting the elderly,ring the doorbell in the middle of the night and force entry when the door is answered.Luckily for my grandmother she didn't answer the door and the alarm system went off automatically notifying the police.Be a good neighbor, please watch out for those around you,I promise to do the same for you.
Richard

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Feb 1, 2009
Perhaps it is a simple case of murder-suicide. Maybe nobody else was involved.
suzanne

Evanston, IL

#16 Feb 1, 2009
uh yeah - it's called murder-suicide - DUH!
Mike CSI

Happy Valley, Canada

#18 Feb 1, 2009
At this stage in the game, there looks like two possible situations. Either they were murdered for revenge by the parents of the child that died due to these people's negligence back in 2000 or they were robbed by some piece of @#%$ junkie who wanted money for drugs. The fact is, no matter what anyone wants to say, Country Club Hills has become nothing but a drug/gang haven where drugs, robberies, and violence have pretty much become the norm. Hopefully the Trib will actually follow the case and present the facts instead of just shocking the public with this murder and doing zero follow up.
Huh

Calumet City, IL

#19 Feb 1, 2009
Murder-Suicide? What do you think they did with the gun after they were both dead??? No weapon was recovered. Its not possible.
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#20 Feb 1, 2009
I used to live in CC Hills and now you couldn't give me a house there.

Once a proud community now held up by gang thugs.

I pray for the family of the slain.
Flossmoor Resident

Homewood, IL

#22 Feb 1, 2009
Actually, CCH has some very nice areas. I certainly would not call it a ghetto.
August

United States

#23 Feb 1, 2009
How horrifying.........leaving a baby to cook all day in a 200 degree van.
Just Wondering

Tinley Park, IL

#25 Feb 1, 2009
Over 72 hours have past and still no info from any of the media...including the Trib...on these murders...Just Wondering what's going on with this...
corntrader19

Garland, TX

#26 Feb 1, 2009
It probably was a robbery. Thieves are getting more brazen all the time. The Dallas Police recently broke a ring of burglars that were robbing wealthy people in Dallas condiminiums while they were at home. They don't fear the law anymore.
corntrader19

Garland, TX

#27 Feb 1, 2009
Mike CSI wrote:
At this stage in the game, there looks like two possible situations. Either they were murdered for revenge by the parents of the child that died due to these people's negligence back in 2000 or they were robbed by some piece of @#%$ junkie who wanted money for drugs. The fact is, no matter what anyone wants to say, Country Club Hills has become nothing but a drug/gang haven where drugs, robberies, and violence have pretty much become the norm. Hopefully the Trib will actually follow the case and present the facts instead of just shocking the public with this murder and doing zero follow up.
Thank you for the background of the situation. It helps people like me that are not familiar with the area know what type of neighborhood it is.
broken

Springfield, IL

#28 Feb 1, 2009
corntrader19 wrote:
It probably was a robbery. Thieves are getting more brazen all the time. The Dallas Police recently broke a ring of burglars that were robbing wealthy people in Dallas condiminiums while they were at home. They don't fear the law anymore.
All the more reason for people to own guns. The cops just can't respond quick enough to protect everybody. People have to be responsible for their own safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Watch channel 9 tonight at 9pm 20 min Did you not know 59
BP Gas (Aug '12) 48 min Hi octane 7
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 2 hr Timing 109
Blue Island Rec Center newest employee 2 hr Most Rewarding 71
Congrats to our newly elected officials! 2 hr Oddly Twisted 21
Real people focusing on real issues. 3 hr Donnie Smith 13
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? 7 hr Rain Man 16
More from around the web

Country Club Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE