Steger news by residents
FYI

Dolton, IL

#10660 Dec 5, 2012
cebert wrote:
<quoted text>
I know here in Steger, the paper stopped coming. They always came and requested blotter information. Now they have stopped. I have always said the news around here ignores this far south. Half the time they can even pronounce names of towns right. We are not the city or the rich north Subs so they don't care.
Here is our last Neighborhood Watch one....
Police Blotter
12/03/2012
Attempt Break In:
An attempt was made to break into a wooden shed and a screen was removed on the house on November 30, 2012 on 227th Street, Steger.
Attempt Break In:
A metal latch was pried open on a storage shed on November 29, 2012 on the 22500 Block of State Street, Steger. Nothing appeared to be missing.
Criminal Damage to Property:
A window was found shattered by a brick in the 3200 Block of Halsted, Steger. The resident stated she first heard her doorbell ringing then heard pounding on the back door. At this time the police were summoned and found the window broken with a brick, occurred on December 1, 2012.
You can get news in the Crete Record-Monee Monitor. It's a Russell paper. They still put a lot of Steger news in that, even the Will County Police Blotter. You can read it online, too. Just Google the name. Check it out.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10661 Dec 8, 2012
McKinley, Crescent and Sangamon look weird without the trees. There were 4 taken down on the Blvd too. Sad seeing them gone.

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#10662 Dec 8, 2012
What trees? Are they the ones that were attacked by the ash borer bug? Man, I'll have to drive down that way -I can't imagine Crescent/McKinley wihout all those trees.
papaadoc

Quincy, IL

#10663 Dec 9, 2012
The minutes of the Nov 19,2012 meeting have not been posted on the village web site yet.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10664 Dec 9, 2012
route66fan wrote:
What trees? Are they the ones that were attacked by the ash borer bug? Man, I'll have to drive down that way -I can't imagine Crescent/McKinley wihout all those trees.
Yep. They haven't gotten all of them cut on McKinley yet. There are only 4 down on the Blvd so far.

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#10665 Dec 9, 2012
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. They haven't gotten all of them cut on McKinley yet. There are only 4 down on the Blvd so far.
that's sad. I can't even picture that area without lots of giant trees.
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10666 Dec 10, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
The minutes of the Nov 19,2012 meeting have not been posted on the village web site yet.
wouldt that be old news --its 12/10--dont live in the past-- live for the future
papaadoc

Quincy, IL

#10667 Dec 10, 2012
ralph wrote:
<quoted text>wouldt that be old news --its 12/10--dont live in the past-- live for the future
They don't approve the minutes until the next meeting. I post the minutes for the residents who are interested and didn't make the meeting as a service.
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10668 Dec 10, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't approve the minutes until the next meeting. I post the minutes for the residents who are interested and didn't make the meeting as a service.
they can go to the village website and read them direct--dont understand the need for the middleman??i really think thats why the village has a website ,for people that want info about the village.
papaadoc

Quincy, IL

#10669 Dec 10, 2012
ralph wrote:
<quoted text>they can go to the village website and read them direct--dont understand the need for the middleman??i really think thats why the village has a website ,for people that want info about the village.
The new web site is some what easier than the old to navigate. The old one was very difficult to navigate. We have a lot of seniors that liked the fact that I gave them a link to the exact page. Just trying to get the info out there and do something positive, same as with the Steger obits.Why do you care?
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10670 Dec 11, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
The new web site is some what easier than the old to navigate. The old one was very difficult to navigate. We have a lot of seniors that liked the fact that I gave them a link to the exact page. Just trying to get the info out there and do something positive, same as with the Steger obits.Why do you care?
ll i ever see is the same 5 people posting on this site --talking about everything under the sun.. im sure they find the info on the village website with no problem..maybe you should TRY WORKING AT WALMART--YOU MAY BE NEEDED THERE...REPOSTING INFO THATS ALREADY ON THE WEB IS JUST A WASTE OF TIME...
Concerned in Steger

Crown Point, IN

#10671 Dec 11, 2012
It seems that the Tinley Park twit/Blue Island boob, has signed on yet again, this time as the Oak Lawn looney.

Much hilarity to ensue.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10672 Dec 11, 2012
ralph wrote:
<quoted text>ll i ever see is the same 5 people posting on this site --talking about everything under the sun.. im sure they find the info on the village website with no problem..maybe you should TRY WORKING AT WALMART--YOU MAY BE NEEDED THERE...REPOSTING INFO THATS ALREADY ON THE WEB IS JUST A WASTE OF TIME...
Thanks for your spreading sunshine....THAT'S THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT....
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10673 Dec 11, 2012
Concerned in Steger wrote:
It seems that the Tinley Park twit/Blue Island boob, has signed on yet again, this time as the Oak Lawn looney.
Much hilarity to ensue.
It also seems yet another person with their nose stuck where it dosn't belong is posting under the name CONCERNED IN STEGER--stfu AH aymt
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10674 Dec 11, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for your spreading sunshine....THAT'S THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT....
look out side for your sunshine--walk down halsted for your spirit--look on topix for some duplicate info --my point is the web is full of all this wasted space repeating the same stuff over and over--thats all--papadoc has the impression most old people are to stupid to go on the village web site for the info he post to this forum..I DONT THINK SO..and IM the bag person- in in the eye of the tinley guy-- aren't smurfs BLUE ?? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10675 Dec 11, 2012
BAD PERSON(SORRY FOR THE TYPO)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10676 Dec 11, 2012
...IT EVEN JUDGES, IT'S OWN POSTS....How desperate....lol....
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10677 Dec 11, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
fo yposmfah aymt
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10678 Dec 11, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
go ring the bell for the salvation army --it will give you something to do for the holiday season
ralph

Chicago, IL

#10679 Dec 11, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
talk about desperate --did you ever read the first few pages of this thread--that doc guy talked to himself for days ..LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Club Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 5 min Crack is wack 2
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 1 hr BI Deserves Better 134
Firehouse Chapel - Steve Troglio 1 hr Christianmingler 1
Police cheif removes another topix 3 hr What an idiot 7
Open Letter to All Veteran's 3 hr Join Us 28
Blue Island Park District Woes 4 hr Larry 24
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 4 hr Is She a lawyer 221

Country Club Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Country Club Hills Mortgages