Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I heard that there was a home that was burglarized in our area. And that a neigborhood man was arrested and is certain to go to prison. Hes the same one that just got out of jail for breaking into cars in the area. Does anyone have info about this???

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

What area would that be?
rumors

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Lifer looking to leave wrote:
What area would that be?
I dont know what area the recent robbery happened. But the cars were broken into in march april and may. All of them happened on sangamon, carpenter and susan lane.
Stegerfox

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

East side had trucks up and down today, the kids loved it!
In Steger

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Does anyone know what time and where the parade starts tomorrow? Thanks!

“the One and Only.....”

Since: Dec 10

Steger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Stegerfox wrote:
East side had trucks up and down today, the kids loved it!
I was speaking of street sweepers...
Mas Wholesale

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Saturday and Sunday Every thing in the store is 10-20 % off!! And yes I said Every thing come in and get some deals!!!! We got the goods cheap!!!
papaadoc

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Obit:

Weiser, Evelyn June (nee Diment) 72 of Steger, IL, passed away November 20, 2012.
Beloved wife of Gerald "Jerry" Weiser; Loving mother of Rhonda (Ray) Craig, Craig Weiser and Cheryl Weiser; Cherished grandmother of Debbie Craig, Becky Craig, Sarah Craig and Jacob Weiser; Dear aunt of Brian Diment. Evelyn was preceded in death by five brothers and sisters.

Memorial Service to be held Friday, November 23, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Services will take place at Prairie Manor Rehab Center, 345 Dixie Hwy. Chicago Heights, IL with Pastor Aaron Eggers officiating. Internment private. Arrangements by Smits Funeral Homes - Steger Memorial Chapel. Smitsfuneralhomes.com
Sandy

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Anyoe know what is being built across from the Kohl's in Crete? I'm excited that they're starting to build again.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
Anyoe know what is being built across from the Kohl's in Crete? I'm excited that they're starting to build again.
I've heard rumors of a Panera or an Applebees. Drove by there yesterday day and there were no signs.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

It's a gas station / car wash
Watcher

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
I read in the Southland Voice newspaper it is going to be a GO-LO gas station, car wash
Resident II

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Watcher wrote:
<quoted text> I read in the Southland Voice newspaper it is going to be a GO-LO gas station, car wash
On the economic development front. The good news is that we still have people interested in potentially locating their new businesses
in the Village. We have just approved a new GoLo Gas Station for the corner of Volbrecht and Richton Road, just to the west of
Kohlís and the new Culverís is doing great on the north end of the Crete Marketplace property. We are very happy they have chosen
to invest in our town and they see the potential of our area. Currently, we have three companies that we are working with to see if Crete
is a good fit for their operation. One is a distribution operation, one is a medium sized high tech manufacturing operation and the other
is a very large manufacturing concern that is looking for a large site to locate their new operations and corporate headquarters. The
large manufacturing company is looking at several other states, so, if we land them it will really say something about Crete. I worked
for six weeks on this project to provide them with the level of information they require to make a decision on the $117M project. Cross
your fingers on this one. Also, it appears that the Holland Company will remain in Crete and will be expanding its operation by adding a new office wing to their current facility at a cost of several million dollars. They will also be adding new jobs over the next several years as part of the expansion. We anticipate that TIF funds will be used in some fashion to help finance the expansion. Holland is
a very solid company that adds a great deal to the local economy, and we are proud and grateful they decided to stay in Crete. Next, we
want to welcome South Holland Bakery Supply to our business community. They have purchased the former Techno-tape building
on Columbia Street off of West Richton Road for their distribution operation. They were going to go to Crown Point, Indiana, before
deciding that Crete was the better choice. Finally, we are working with the owner of the Marathon Station in downtown to an attempt
to broker a deal that would allow for a new multi use convenience store to be built on property just south of the station. The building
would be two stories high and designed to reflect a turn of the century appearance. The whole project hinges on the price of the property south of the station. Time will tell on this one also
crete wins

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

and in steger news, were proud to say that the 12 barber shops specializing in weaves are staying here due to lack of interest in crete.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

crete wins wrote:
and in steger news, were proud to say that the 12 barber shops specializing in weaves are staying here due to lack of interest in crete.
I think the problem with Steger is that they dropped the Village Manager/Administrator position (they haven't re-instated it, right?). Without that position, and with the mayor being somewhat... uh... uninvolved, whose job is it to go out there and pound the pavement looking for business? If someone wanted to locate in Steger, who is the "point man" that they talk to? In Crete, the village admin probably works more hours than anyone else, and the mayor is always involved (whether you like him or not, he spends lots of time on business matters). Who does this in Steger now? This is not sarcastic, I actually would like to know.
Steger Mom

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Wake for 15 year old Joey Cermack is Wends from 2-7 at the Steger Funeral Home on Chicago Road
Old timer

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

The problem is that the guy steger had at that position was worthless. Just filling the position doesn't get the job done. The point man always has been the mayor, and with the lack of involvement from residents serious about change, things have been status quo for years. I have a lot of respect for mayor sherman but he should not have been reelected. Four additional years of falling farther behind the times. The village administrator was well liked and if we dug deep enough I'm sure he was related to someone. The fact was he did nothing for years and got paid very well and had other perks such as his village suv. Don't be surprised if his name comes up again after the election. Not good.
ActiveResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem with Steger is that they dropped the Village Manager/Administrator position (they haven't re-instated it, right?). Without that position, and with the mayor being somewhat... uh... uninvolved, whose job is it to go out there and pound the pavement looking for business? If someone wanted to locate in Steger, who is the "point man" that they talk to? In Crete, the village admin probably works more hours than anyone else, and the mayor is always involved (whether you like him or not, he spends lots of time on business matters). Who does this in Steger now? This is not sarcastic, I actually would like to know.
diversion

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Steger Mom wrote:
Wake for 15 year old Joey Cermack is Wends from 2-7 at the Steger Funeral Home on Chicago Road
How painful for the family to lose a loved one so soon. I feel their sadness although I never met them. Sorry for the loss of a 15 year child of our community.
Lifer looking to leave

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

What was the name of the old bakery in Steger. They had the restaurant in South Heights too.
Resident II

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Lifer looking to leave wrote:
What was the name of the old bakery in Steger. They had the restaurant in South Heights too.
Marvell's ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Country Club Hills Discussions

Search the Country Club Hills Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr Replay 35
Concealed carry shooting reignites debate 2 hr Odyssey 1
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 3 hr who cares 120
crestwood strip club 4 hr Hugh Jorgan 16
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Terry rigsby 49,032
Should Cresrtwood Have Their Own Strip Club 6 hr Dont Believe the Hype 4
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 8 hr Kalamazoo Kid 45
•••
•••
•••
Country Club Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Country Club Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000