Welch says CC Hills to repay county within three years

May 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Southtown Star

Country Club Hills Mayor Dwight Welch said Monday night that he has known about Cook County's $6.6 million overpayment to the city since October and expects to pay back the county within three years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Roger

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Welch should have quietly steered that money to the police pension fund,which is grossly underfunded. Seems like it has only 49% of the required money in it to make it a valid fund. Actually these are 2010 figures,so it is probably in worse shape in 2012.
Deeda

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Welch should have returned the money to the County. Now no one can say where the money went. The county is demanding return of the money by today, June 12, 2012 or action will begin against the city. Oh, why did Fitzgerald have to retire now? He's needed for at least one more investigation, indictment and carting another one off to a Federal prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Country Club Hills Discussions

Search the Country Club Hills Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Frick-N-Frack 47,064
Badon hires daughter 1 hr Jacko O Really 10
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,535
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 2 hr Be kuel 505
the blue island forum (Nov '09) 3 hr mind games 41
More corruption in South Suburbs 4 hr arby 9
New Govenor for Illinois 4 hr arby 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Country Club Hills Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Country Club Hills People Search